Amazo vs Ultron

Options
lord nemesis
lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in Quite Comical
Which killer robot are you taking in a fight?

Amazo vs Ultron 11 votes

Amazo
63%
Dupacdalyricalbanditlord nemesisintlhakNothingButTheTruthLord_Hades_08BangEm_Bart 7 votes
Ultron
36%
gnsnycest_1Cainevoljeanyes 4 votes

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amazo
    a5fb757c-6d47-4e7f-a15a-92e595491102.png?rnd=0.2207407

the amazo in JL unlimited was a ? ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ultron
    I mean the top tier Ultron would beat the ? out of any incarnation of Amazo...so are we talking standard? If so, I will take Amazo. But Current Ultron wins by a LARGE margin
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ultron only cause he can hack other machines. Otherwise Amazo beats the brakes off of him. And Comic Amazo>>>>>JLU Amazo.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Comic Amazo>>>>>JLU Amazo.

Seriously.

These Animated Series fans have no clue what they're missing if they think the super nerfed versions of DC characters in those shows (like Superman, Darkseid and Amazo amongst others) are even a pimple on the ass of their comic book counterparts. They're not. They're watered down clones at best especially characters like the super depowered Superman and PG Lobo. Not that I don't dig the Timm Verse but people ? me with the "definitive version" statements sometimes considering how watered down and uninteresting a lot of the interpretations are when measured against their comic book counterparts.
  • Dupac
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Amazo
    can ultron hack an ever learning cpu like amazo?

wouldn't amazo realize he's being hacked and evolve?

and wow at the comic amazo being better than the JLU amazo......

cuz it was to the point where ? ain't even try to fight JLU amazo no more.....they just let him chill and play chess until dr fate was gonna show him the mysteries of the universe
    JLUwake03.gif
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is this the animated versions?
  • lord nemesis
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Amazo
    Nah, I had this version in mind when I made the poll. Comic Amazo vs comic Ultron

Amazo.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt Amazo and Ultron meet in one of those crossovers?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amazo
    I was trying to figure out who that gold plated ? was. Did some researching. Amazo 10/10.
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    can ultron hack an ever learning cpu like amazo?

wouldn't amazo realize he's being hacked and evolve?

and wow at the comic amazo being better than the JLU amazo......

cuz it was to the point where ? ain't even try to fight JLU amazo no more.....they just let him chill and play chess until dr fate was gonna show him the mysteries of the universe
    JLUwake03.gif

Yes, Ultron can hack. No Amazo can't evolve. He can only copy.

JLU Amazo wasn't that strong. Comic Amazo has taken on the Comic Justice League all at once and has even copied the Worlogog which is a powerful artifact akin to the Infinity Gauntlet. Nothing JLU Amazo has done even compares with Comic Amazo.
  • Dupac
    Options
    Amazo
    i mean i know yall talking about the comics amazo...

but the JLU one did evolve.....that was the whole reason he left.....after he got all the JL's powers.. he turned gold and disappeared...to "where gods go"

so he coulda easily encountered and replicated the powers of any and everyone in DC universe while on his hiatus....

when he returned...luthor tried to stop him through his nano tech, but he evolved past nano tech.....so that why i was like i don't think ultron can hack him.....

JLU really made their amazo a ? for all intents and purposes
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    i mean i know yall talking about the comics amazo...

but the JLU one did evolve.....that was the whole reason he left.....after he got all the JL's powers.. he turned gold and disappeared...to "where gods go"

so he coulda easily encountered and replicated the powers of any and everyone in DC universe while on his hiatus....

when he returned...luthor tried to stop him through his nano tech, but he evolved past nano tech.....so that why i was like i don't think ultron can hack him.....

JLU really made their amazo a ? for all intents and purposes

That's not evolving on the spot like you said he could to Ultron. Going away and getting better is just training. He couldn't even evolve against Solomon Grundy. Had to run away.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Amazo
    thinking about it Amazo got laid out by Bats and Nightwing in Under The Red Hood
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    Comic Amazo is killed by Ultron. Comic Amazo has been torn apart with ease.

Animated Amazo vs Animated Ultron... A.M.A.Z.O. is teleporting that ? into the sun at atomic size so he barely registers a blip using The Atom, Dr Fate, Superman and Martian Manhunter at once.

A.M.A.Z.O. was an adaptive A.I., Amazo is a reactive android.

Chess vs Checkers.

Weird how Thor has done none of that to Ultron despite having those same powers (teleporting and whatnot). Oh wait...cause you can't do that to Ultron like that.
  • Dupac
    Options
    Amazo
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Comic Amazo is killed by Ultron. Comic Amazo has been torn apart with ease.

Animated Amazo vs Animated Ultron... A.M.A.Z.O. is teleporting that ? into the sun at atomic size so he barely registers a blip using The Atom, Dr Fate, Superman and Martian Manhunter at once.

A.M.A.Z.O. was an adaptive A.I., Amazo is a reactive android.

Chess vs Checkers.

Weird how Thor has done none of that to Ultron despite having those same powers (teleporting and whatnot). Oh wait...cause you can't do that to Ultron like that.

Thor doesn't written like he used to be. He was getting his ass kicked in Uncanny Avengers recently until he saw Scarlet Witch's dead body, then he just went into cold blooded killer mode.

Thor can't phase, he apparently can't even fly into the sun or push someone through a portal into it anymore without getting his arm burned down to the bone, Ultron's immune to Pym Particles but probably not The Atom's powers...

Thor, when in beast mode and not enjoying the thrill of battle, could probably handle Ultron fairly easily one on one by opening a portal, tossing Mjolnir into Ultron and tossing him into Musphelheim or any number of suns. That's always been Thor's weakness, he loves to fight where as JLU A.M.A.Z.O. teleported Oa out of the way simply because it was blocking his path. A.M.A.Z.O. was direct in his mission, Thor actually wanting to fight gives Ultron chances.

Now comic book Amazo on the other hand would easily get wrecked by almost any Ultron after he upgraded to his adamantium body. One solid punch would knock it's head off.

ridiculous display of power... not to mention how he thrashed several green lanterns without even stopping to exchange pleasantries.....dude just wrecked them and the planet like it was nothing
  • Dupac
    Options
    Amazo
    Originally, Amazo had the ability to copy one's powers, natural abilities, equipment, and DNA signature simply by looking at them.
    Amazo first used his ability to replicate superhuman attributes and weaponry from six of the seven founding members of the Justice League. Subsequently, during Amazo's travels through the universe, he evolved to a nigh-omnipotent state that could easily outmatch the whole expanded League. In his enhanced state, he has flight, super strength, invulnerability, vast energy manipulation, psionic powers like telepathy and telekinesis, super-hearing, can teleport himself across unknown distances, shrink into a subatomic universe, shunt entire planets to other dimensions and just as easily bring them back unharmed with a blink of an eye. Amazo could effortlessly break through a force field created from the combined power of a few dozen Green Lanterns.

All of these enhancements have made Amazo quite possibly the single most powerful being ever known in the DCAU.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Amazo
    That's the funny thing about Amazo though. He's literally been dismantled then at times he's taken direct blows from Superman and Wonder Woman, probably DC's biggest punchers.
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    Amazo could BFR Ultron yeah, but he can't put him down at all. And Thor is up and down with his showings.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Originally, Amazo had the ability to copy one's powers, natural abilities, equipment, and DNA signature simply by looking at them.
    Amazo first used his ability to replicate superhuman attributes and weaponry from six of the seven founding members of the Justice League. Subsequently, during Amazo's travels through the universe, he evolved to a nigh-omnipotent state that could easily outmatch the whole expanded League. In his enhanced state, he has flight, super strength, invulnerability, vast energy manipulation, psionic powers like telepathy and telekinesis, super-hearing, can teleport himself across unknown distances, shrink into a subatomic universe, shunt entire planets to other dimensions and just as easily bring them back unharmed with a blink of an eye. Amazo could effortlessly break through a force field created from the combined power of a few dozen Green Lanterns.

All of these enhancements have made Amazo quite possibly the single most powerful being ever known in the DCAU.

you're talking about animated Amazo with this right?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Ultron
    Ultron literally controls the entire earth is multiple future timelines
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Ultron
    I believe its mentioned in the most recent avengers that he controls the galaxy if I am not mistaken.