Has Man Corrupted Religion?

GorillaWitAttitude
GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
edited June 2014 in The Social Lounge
Technically, Christianity wasn't even suppose to be a religion. It was only suppose to be a teaching to teach people how to live right. Then when man got his hands on it he corrupted it and used scare tactics. So, how about the other religions? Do you think man has corrupted those too? Ladies and fellas drop in and give us your thoughts? BTW, do you have a religion you follow? I believe in ? , but don't know which religion to follow yet. Just because you have, so many religions out there.

P.S. some religions have hate like Christians judging others especially ? and etc. I'm not ? , but I don't hold any ill will towards someone who is. The point is i'm trying to become a better person not a worse one by having hate for others.

On Another Note: Do you believe that doing martial arts and Yoga goes against Christianity or other religions besides Buddhism? Plus for a long time I was either thinking of turning towards Buddhism or Catholic, but I don't know as of yet.

047-religion-symbols-vector.png

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man has tarnished the reputation of Christianity, and most people don't know ? about the religion they practice because it takes too much time and effort to learn, this can lead to some people being easily lead astray or simply make up ? and practice things with no sound biblical foundation. Nothing is wrong with learning yoga.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    zombie wrote: »
    man has tarnished the reputation of Christianity, and most people don't know ? about the religion they practice because it takes too much time and effort to learn, this can lead to some people being easily lead astray or simply make up ? and practice things with no sound biblical foundation. Nothing is wrong with learning yoga.

Well true, especially with the young Christians you have today. Some of them seem kinda fake.
    Religion has corrupted man.

HA I SAID IT FIRST

I disagree and to be frank to me it's the other way around. Plus you get to learn cool things from religions.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i want to learn the religion of love. like ziggy marley said love is my religion.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Religion is not the only thing that has been corrupted by man.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didn't man invent religion?
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was corrupt from the time it was created
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A corrupt being will only produce corrupt things
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically, Christianity wasn't even suppose to be a religion. It was only suppose to be a teaching to teach people how to live right. Then when man got his hands on it he corrupted it and used scare tactics. So, how about the other religions? Do you think man has corrupted those too? Ladies and fellas drop in and give us your thoughts? BTW, do you have a religion you follow? I believe in ? , but don't know which religion to follow yet. Just because you have, so many religions out there.

P.S. some religions have hate like Christians judging others especially ? and etc. I'm not ? , but I don't hold any ill will towards someone who is. The point is i'm trying to become a better person not a worse one by having hate for others.

On Another Note: Do you believe that doing martial arts and Yoga goes against Christianity or other religions besides Buddhism? Plus for a long time I was either thinking of turning towards Buddhism or Catholic, but I don't know as of yet.

I'm a believer.
    I would fall under Pentecostal.

Personally, I believe that man's interpretation of the bible is where things get out of whack. For you to know which way you should go, I suggest to read ALL religious texts in their entirety. Don't leave any stone unturned. Research culture and customs. Eventually you will find your way.

I don't think most Christians hate ? , they just dnt want homosexuality being brought to the forefront of our society like it's ok. And I keep hearing about how yoga is 'ungodly/demonic', but I haven't heard a good argument for it tho.

• Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    religion misoverstood is poison; white jesus poison--Nas
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

HA I SAID IT FIRST

In the land before time
    A land before altar boys, synagogues and shrines
    Man was in his prime
    Look how far I go in time just to start a rhyme

~Jay Electronica~
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

HA I SAID IT FIRST

There you have it.....I won't bother to post up passages from the Koran or the Bible, but let's just say the educated know what sick things those books support.....
  • zombie

HA I SAID IT FIRST

There you have it.....I won't bother to post up passages from the Koran or the Bible, but let's just say the educated know what sick things those books support.....

You say that because you have the wrong perspective on what the bible is about.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    i want to learn the religion of love. like ziggy marley said love is my religion.

Co-sign, I'm a proud humanist who wants to see (most) humans do well. And religion in the end simply divides and corrupts people into making them think they are better or more special then others. See what the Jews are doing to the Palestinians and what Columbus and his CHRISTIAN buddies and priests did to annihilate the Native Americans because they felt they were heathens. No need for me to bother bringing up what Muslims are doing in Nigeria and the Middle East

Religion is a disease in my own personal opinion.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Trashboat wrote: »
    A corrupt being will only produce corrupt things

Is ? or the gods corrupt? Or are you speaking about humans....?
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    didn't man invent religion?

YES lol....it's hilarious to me too because it seems pretty obvious that if there really was ONE true religion, wouldn't that specific ? show his damn ? face already? Why allow so many other religions to sprout up and create doubt? That's proof to me religion in general is ?

As I say to my few Christian friends (I've converted most to being non religious), when is Jesus gonna stop sitting on his ass and just show up? The Bible said Jesus would come quickly after his death....? , your Jewish ass ain't shown up in 2,014 years and close to 7 months. There comes a time when people should just say, this is all a lie.
  • zombie

Co-sign, I'm a proud humanist who wants to see all humans do well. And religion in the end simply divides and corrupts people into making them think they are better or more special then others. See what the Jews are doing to the Palestinians and what Columbus and his CHRISTIAN buddies and priests did to annihilate the Native Americans because they felt they were heathens. No need for me to bother bringing up what Muslims are doing in Nigeria and the Middle East

non-religious Humanism, secularism and atheism has murdered more than 100 million people since it's ascension to the public sphere and is going to lead to the destruction of the western world.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014

Co-sign, I'm a proud humanist who wants to see all humans do well. And religion in the end simply divides and corrupts people into making them think they are better or more special then others. See what the Jews are doing to the Palestinians and what Columbus and his CHRISTIAN buddies and priests did to annihilate the Native Americans because they felt they were heathens. No need for me to bother bringing up what Muslims are doing in Nigeria and the Middle East

non-religious Humanism, secularism and atheism has murdered more than 100 million people since it's ascension to the public sphere and is going to lead to the destruction of the western world.

It's an absolutely WONDERFUL thing the western world is mostly non religious and secularist now. The more non religious a society, the more likely it is to be peaceful (Norway, Sweden, etc). Do you remember when America was a highly religious CHRISTIAN society? It had slavery, which was supported by Christian churches all over America and the Native American heathens were seen as unworthy of the good Christians, who were actually blood thirsty savages. The French did despicable horrors in Haiti and yes many priests owned slaves in Haiti and the Caribbean world.

I'm not atheist but I would much rather live in an atheist society then a religious one. And for the record, religious societies have caused FAR more pain and heartache historically then atheist ones have. Word to the Crusades, the Muslim wars, ? being a Christian, Columbus having the support of priests in committing genocide and the Christian ? who massacred the Natives and treated the Australian aboriginals like human garbage. Secularist societies have committed atrocities in the past true but nothing even CLOSE to the horrors of Christian societies. Religious, Christian societies historically have been one of the most EVIL societies ever, word to the Christians who made up King Leopold's Army......word to the Spaniard Christian ? who massacred more then 100 million Natives with other fellow Christians HAHAHAHAHA there's no debate here homie I can go on for days
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Atheism makes a people weak and an atheist society will be crushed and destroyed by the more passionate religious ones. low-key that's what's happening in parts of europe today only eastern europe is not having that ? , the east is much more religious. Coincidence?? i doubt it.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Atheism makes a people weak and an atheist society will be crushed and destroyed by the more passionate religious ones. low-key that's what's happening in parts of europe today only eastern europe is not having that ? , the east is much more religious. Coincidence?? i doubt it.

Why do you believe atheism makes a people weak? I have several atheist friends and none seem weak to me. They have great jobs, great education and seem far stronger mentally and physically then the avg person. They are far from helpless.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Russia was athiest when they had the states crying about the Cuban nukes
  • zombie

It's an absolutely WONDERFUL thing the western world is mostly non religious and secularist now. The more non religious a society, the more likely it is to be peaceful (Norway, Sweden, etc). Do you remember when America was a highly religious CHRISTIAN society? It had slavery, which was supported by Christian churches all over America and the Native American heathens were seen as unworthy of the good Christians, who were actually blood thirsty savages. The French did despicable horrors in Haiti and yes many priests owned slaves in Haiti and the Caribbean world.

I'm not atheist but I would much rather live in an atheist society then a religious one. And for the record, religious societies have caused FAR more pain and heartache historically then atheist ones have. Word to the Crusades, the Muslim wars, ? being a Christian, Columbus having the support of priests in committing genocide and the Christian ? who massacred the Natives and treated the Australian aboriginals like human garbage. Secularist societies have committed atrocities in the past true but nothing even CLOSE to the horrors of Christian societies. Religious, Christian societies historically have been one of the most EVIL societies ever, word to the Christians who made up King Leopold's Army......word to the Spaniard Christian ? who massacred more then 100 million Natives with other fellow Christians HAHAHAHAHA there's no debate here homie I can go on for days

Atheist love to bring up norway and sweden as great example of what a society would be once it becomes more secular. The those western european nations have been peaceful so long because they like the rest of western europe has america to physically and financially fight their battles, it's been that way since ww2. so they owe their peace to america, which until recently has been a much more religious nation. i get so sick and tired of hearing this lie that ? was a christian, his christianity was a political tool for him, he wanted to destroy the religion. THE vast majority of 100 million natives that died were not killed they died from exposure to european viruses. The muslims caused the crusaded by taking land that did not belong to it was a defensive war that turned into am attempted wealth grab but the catholics.

And yeah christians have done evil things but so the ? what you are saying is not anything the whole world has not heard already. ALL PEOPLE have DONE EVIL THINGS most motivated not by religion but by simple human greed. The point i was trying to make is that nations that reject religion end up being soft and that's why muslims have set up no go areas in western european cities and people have become to ? to fight islam.

• zombie
    edited June 2014

Why do you believe atheism makes a people weak? I have several atheist friends and none seem weak to me. They have great jobs, great education and seem far stronger mentally and physically then the avg person. They are far from helpless.

When I SAY "A PEOPLE" i don't mean individuals i mean the nation because what happens is without religion nothing is there to full that social, emotional, mental space. So it get filled by something else in ? germany it was ? and his principles, in stalinist russia it was stalin.

In western europe the hole is quickly being filled by pleasure seeking and materialism which breed weak values and weak people, the people in the western world today are of poor character. People in the past may have been more ignorant and hateful but they were of stronger character.

If you can talk to someone of the greatest generation do so and you'll see that i mean THEY did not cry, whine, ? ,moan they were more responsible hard working and willing to sacrifice for the greater good of their families and society.

today the women are ? , the men are ? or overgrown teenagers that never grow the ? up. meanwhile the youth elsewhere are hard at work and willing to die or ? for what they believe in even if what they believe in is wrong, the middle east is the perfect example of what i am talking about.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Is the average american teenager willing to throw a stone at a tank?? you can't even get these spoiled little brats to go vote when they turn 21. The western world is looking real flabby and sick right now and it's because of this

atheist/secular/materialist way for thinking it erodes the human soul in fact it disperses of the concept of the human soul and reduces mankind to nothing more that smart animals. Religion can accept the animal nature of man but also give him something greater than that.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a believer.
    I would fall under Pentecostal.

Personally, I believe that man's interpretation of the bible is where things get out of whack. For you to know which way you should go, I suggest to read ALL religious texts in their entirety. Don't leave any stone unturned. Research culture and customs. Eventually you will find your way.

I don't think most Christians hate ? , they just dnt want homosexuality being brought to the forefront of our society like it's ok. And I keep hearing about how yoga is 'ungodly/demonic', but I haven't heard a good argument for it tho.

Yoga is not demonic, all the ancients meditate even our prophets of the Torah Sat still and meditate.

And Yah lead me the path you took read, understand all other scriptures and that journey took me right back to the Torah