Has Man Corrupted Religion?

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    zombie wrote: »
    i want to learn the religion of love. like ziggy marley said love is my religion.

Co-sign, I'm a proud humanist who wants to see all humans do well. And religion in the end simply divides and corrupts people into making them think they are better or more special then others. See what the Jews are doing to the Palestinians and what Columbus and his CHRISTIAN buddies and priests did to annihilate the Native Americans because they felt they were heathens. No need for me to bother bringing up what Muslims are doing in Nigeria and the Middle East

Religion is a disease in my own personal opinion.

non-religious Humanism, secularism and atheism has murdered more than 100 million people since it's ascension to the public sphere and is going to lead to the destruction of the western world.

It's an absolutely WONDERFUL thing the western world is mostly non religious and secularist now. The more non religious a society, the more likely it is to be peaceful (Norway, Sweden, etc). Do you remember when America was a highly religious CHRISTIAN society? It had slavery, which was supported by Christian churches all over America and the Native American heathens were seen as unworthy of the good Christians, who were actually blood thirsty savages. The French did despicable horrors in Haiti and yes many priests owned slaves in Haiti and the Caribbean world.

I'm not atheist but I would much rather live in an atheist society then a religious one. And for the record, religious societies have caused FAR more pain and heartache historically then atheist ones have. Word to the Crusades, the Muslim wars, ? being a Christian, Columbus having the support of priests in committing genocide and the Christian ? who massacred the Natives and treated the Australian aboriginals like human garbage. Secularist societies have committed atrocities in the past true but nothing even CLOSE to the horrors of Christian societies. Religious, Christian societies historically have been one of the most EVIL societies ever, word to the Christians who made up King Leopold's Army......word to the Spaniard Christian ? who massacred more then 100 million Natives with other fellow Christians HAHAHAHAHA there's no debate here homie I can go on for days

Atheist love to bring up norway and sweden as great example of what a society would be once it becomes more secular. The those western european nations have been peaceful so long because they like the rest of western europe has america to physically and financially fight their battles, it's been that way since ww2. so they owe their peace to america, which until recently has been a much more religious nation. i get so sick and tired of hearing this lie that ? was a christian, his christianity was a political tool for him, he wanted to destroy the religion. THE vast majority of 100 million natives that died were not killed they died from exposure to european viruses. The muslims caused the crusaded by taking land that did not belong to it was a defensive war that turned into am attempted wealth grab but the catholics.

And yeah christians have done evil things but so the ? what you are saying is not anything the whole world has not heard already. ALL PEOPLE have DONE EVIL THINGS most motivated not by religion but by simple human greed. The point i was trying to make is that nations that reject religion end up being soft and that's why muslims have set up no go areas in western european cities and people have become to ? to fight islam.

Okay if your main point is that nations who reject religion become soft, how do you explain China's rise? Per person, China is actually the most atheistic nation in the world according to some polls I read, and the Chinese are well known for their value on education and respect for elders. And their military is strong enough to take on any in the world. They fight back against radical Islam, same with the non religious society of Russia. Same can be said for Japan in the older days, Japanese society generally respects their people, although of course that society has social problems as well, probably less social problems then religious nations though. There are plenty of other non religious nations in the world who respect their people and other cultures around them. Highly religious societies tend to be very divisive ones and show little respect for other religions and beliefs as well.

As far as Christians in the past, the reality is their religion FAILED to make them better people. And it's one reason why religion is disrespected a lot these days, it's generally a divisive thing in society that usually fails to make society as a whole better. Human greed is indeed the MAIN reason humans have screwed up a lot, but religion in general has failed to tame the beast of humans.

As far as why western Europe in some ways is afraid to take on radical Islam, it's because western Europe, in general, is suffering from huge guilt from its horrible past (a horrible past dominated by Christians HAHAHA). They know European imperialism is the main reason the Middle East is all screwed up now, and they have little moral authority to tells Muslims what to do there.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Atheism makes a people weak and an atheist society will be crushed and destroyed by the more passionate religious ones. low-key that's what's happening in parts of europe today only eastern europe is not having that ? , the east is much more religious. Coincidence?? i doubt it.

Why do you believe atheism makes a people weak? I have several atheist friends and none seem weak to me. They have great jobs, great education and seem far stronger mentally and physically then the avg person. They are far from helpless.

When I SAY "A PEOPLE" i don't mean individuals i mean the nation because what happens is without religion nothing is there to full that social, emotional, mental space. So it get filled by something else in ? germany it was ? and his principles, in stalinist russia it was stalin.

In western europe the hole is quickly being filled by pleasure seeking and materialism which breed weak values and weak people, the people in the western world today are of poor character. People in the past may have been more ignorant and hateful but they were of stronger character.

If you can talk to someone of the greatest generation do so and you'll see that i mean THEY did not cry, whine, ? ,moan they were more responsible hard working and willing to sacrifice for the greater good of their families and society.

today the women are ? , the men are ? or overgrown teenagers that never grow the ? up. meanwhile the youth elsewhere are hard at work and willing to die or ? for what they believe in even if what they believe in is wrong, the middle east is the perfect example of what i am talking about.

People work very hard in non religious societies too, ever heard of Japan? Ever heard of China? Ever heard of Russia? Many people there work their ? off. Same as in Norway and same as in Denmark, Sweden, Germany, shall the list go on? People there work hard, bad analogy. Also, Denmark and Sweden CONSISTENTLY rank among the happiest nations in the world so ummmm what are you talking about, their emotional and mental state of mind seems to be fine. I'm not religious at all and I consider myself content and pleased with my life for the most part.

On women being ? and teenagers being lazy in non religious societies? Bad generalization, there are many hard working teenagers out there and many women who aren't ? . A huge percentage of doctors and scientists are non religious, and I'm pretty ? sure many of these people are hard working. There are also many ? in religious societies, it's not just not as out in the open as free, non religious societies. Mexico is a religious society and my friends who have visited Mexico tell me ? is very easy to find in the resort towns and outlying areas. Same with Dominican Republic and other RELIGIOUS societies, if you have 30 or 40 bucks a religious church girl might be willing to suck that ? . Look at Boko Harem, they claim to be religious and they still do sexual slavery.

Look at the horrible Christian societies of the past that made sexual slavery an open thing, word to the ? Bible that supports slavery. If anything, religion has weakened the character of humans historically, it encourages horrible behavior like slavery in the case of the Bible and Koran. So ? all those religious textbooks, the Bible can suck my ? . Buddhism is the closest thing to a religion I can respect, I actually was a proud Buddhist for a long time. But it's more a philosophy then religion according to many scholars and I agree with that.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i want to learn the religion of love. like ziggy marley said love is my religion.

Co-sign, I'm a proud humanist who wants to see all humans do well. And religion in the end simply divides and corrupts people into making them think they are better or more special then others. See what the Jews are doing to the Palestinians and what Columbus and his CHRISTIAN buddies and priests did to annihilate the Native Americans because they felt they were heathens. No need for me to bother bringing up what Muslims are doing in Nigeria and the Middle East

Religion is a disease in my own personal opinion.

non-religious Humanism, secularism and atheism has murdered more than 100 million people since it's ascension to the public sphere and is going to lead to the destruction of the western world.

It's an absolutely WONDERFUL thing the western world is mostly non religious and secularist now. The more non religious a society, the more likely it is to be peaceful (Norway, Sweden, etc). Do you remember when America was a highly religious CHRISTIAN society? It had slavery, which was supported by Christian churches all over America and the Native American heathens were seen as unworthy of the good Christians, who were actually blood thirsty savages. The French did despicable horrors in Haiti and yes many priests owned slaves in Haiti and the Caribbean world.

I'm not atheist but I would much rather live in an atheist society then a religious one. And for the record, religious societies have caused FAR more pain and heartache historically then atheist ones have. Word to the Crusades, the Muslim wars, ? being a Christian, Columbus having the support of priests in committing genocide and the Christian ? who massacred the Natives and treated the Australian aboriginals like human garbage. Secularist societies have committed atrocities in the past true but nothing even CLOSE to the horrors of Christian societies. Religious, Christian societies historically have been one of the most EVIL societies ever, word to the Christians who made up King Leopold's Army......word to the Spaniard Christian ? who massacred more then 100 million Natives with other fellow Christians HAHAHAHAHA there's no debate here homie I can go on for days

Atheist love to bring up norway and sweden as great example of what a society would be once it becomes more secular. The those western european nations have been peaceful so long because they like the rest of western europe has america to physically and financially fight their battles, it's been that way since ww2. so they owe their peace to america, which until recently has been a much more religious nation. i get so sick and tired of hearing this lie that ? was a christian, his christianity was a political tool for him, he wanted to destroy the religion. THE vast majority of 100 million natives that died were not killed they died from exposure to european viruses. The muslims caused the crusaded by taking land that did not belong to it was a defensive war that turned into am attempted wealth grab but the catholics.

And yeah christians have done evil things but so the ? what you are saying is not anything the whole world has not heard already. ALL PEOPLE have DONE EVIL THINGS most motivated not by religion but by simple human greed. The point i was trying to make is that nations that reject religion end up being soft and that's why muslims have set up no go areas in western european cities and people have become to ? to fight islam.

Okay if your main point is that nations who reject religion become soft, how do you explain China's rise? Per person, China is actually the most atheistic nation in the world according to some polls I read, and the Chinese are well known for their value on education and respect for elders. And their military is strong enough to take on any in the world. They fight back against radical Islam, same with the non religious society of Russia. Same can be said for Japan in the older days, Japanese society generally respects their people, although of course that society has social problems as well, probably less social problems then religious nations though. There are plenty of other non religious nations in the world who respect their people and other cultures around them. Highly religious societies tend to be very divisive ones and show little respect for other religions and beliefs as well.

As far as Christians in the past, the reality is their religion FAILED to make them better people. And it's one reason why religion is disrespected a lot these days, it's generally a divisive thing in society that usually fails to make society as a whole better. Human greed is indeed the MAIN reason humans have screwed up a lot, but religion in general has failed to tame the beast of humans.

As far as why western Europe in some ways is afraid to take on radical Islam, it's because western Europe, in general, is suffering from huge guilt from its horrible past (a horrible past dominated by Christians HAHAHA). They know European imperialism is the main reason the Middle East is all screwed up now, and they have little moral authority to tells Muslims what to do there.

The population of china is not anti-religious never really was neither is japan, and Christianity is growing in china the problem with reading polls from china is that they are full of lies. The communist party in china does not know the real amount of Christians in china because the free church is underground. These are well known facts if you research it . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7atox9HWFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxX2_D11qBw

The Chinese respect for elders and educations comes from confucianism which traditionally is a philosophy rooted in a religious view of the world.

The middle east is not Africa, the middle east is not ? up because of colonialism, colonialism in there did not last that long in the first ? place. They fell to Europe after ww1 when the ottoman empire was destroyed and were basically free after ww2.

japan while being atheistic in a sense is not atheistic in the way western nations are becoming, they don't have one central ? but they do believe in the spirit world and religious activity is very much apart of their lives. I've been there the Japanese have shrines all over the ? place and lots of people go there regularly.

and when I say nations without religions are weak I am not just talking about the Abrahamic religions any religion will do. religion has tamed many men just go to any prison or ask most people who have made it out of a life or crime how religion has helped them tame their behavior. As for the past, yes their was slavery and yes Christians were a part of it but at the same time many of the people who opposed slavery also did so on a religious basis many of the first abolitionist were christians.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Religion is dangerous if the people are uneducated about their religion which is the problem. The more educated they are and of the natural world the better they would be prepared for extremists. I got connected with more African spirituality and it makes sense to me, there is the mathematics, chemistry, and spiritual connection with ritual and intelligence and great wisdom.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Atheism makes a people weak and an atheist society will be crushed and destroyed by the more passionate religious ones. low-key that's what's happening in parts of europe today only eastern europe is not having that ? , the east is much more religious. Coincidence?? i doubt it.

Why do you believe atheism makes a people weak? I have several atheist friends and none seem weak to me. They have great jobs, great education and seem far stronger mentally and physically then the avg person. They are far from helpless.

When I SAY "A PEOPLE" i don't mean individuals i mean the nation because what happens is without religion nothing is there to full that social, emotional, mental space. So it get filled by something else in ? germany it was ? and his principles, in stalinist russia it was stalin.

In western europe the hole is quickly being filled by pleasure seeking and materialism which breed weak values and weak people, the people in the western world today are of poor character. People in the past may have been more ignorant and hateful but they were of stronger character.

If you can talk to someone of the greatest generation do so and you'll see that i mean THEY did not cry, whine, ? ,moan they were more responsible hard working and willing to sacrifice for the greater good of their families and society.

today the women are ? , the men are ? or overgrown teenagers that never grow the ? up. meanwhile the youth elsewhere are hard at work and willing to die or ? for what they believe in even if what they believe in is wrong, the middle east is the perfect example of what i am talking about.

People work very hard in non religious societies too, ever heard of Japan? Ever heard of China? Ever heard of Russia? Many people there work their ? off. Same as in Norway and same as in Denmark, Sweden, Germany, shall the list go on? People there work hard, bad analogy. Also, Denmark and Sweden CONSISTENTLY rank among the happiest nations in the world so ummmm what are you talking about, their emotional and mental state of mind seems to be fine. I'm not religious at all and I consider myself content and pleased with my life for the most part.

On women being ? and teenagers being lazy in non religious societies? Bad generalization, there are many hard working teenagers out there and many women who aren't ? . A huge percentage of doctors and scientists are non religious, and I'm pretty ? sure many of these people are hard working. There are also many ? in religious societies, it's not just not as out in the open as free, non religious societies. Mexico is a religious society and my friends who have visited Mexico tell me ? is very easy to find in the resort towns and outlying areas. Same with Dominican Republic and other RELIGIOUS societies, if you have 30 or 40 bucks a religious church girl might be willing to suck that ? . Look at Boko Harem, they claim to be religious and they still do sexual slavery.

Look at the horrible Christian societies of the past that made sexual slavery an open thing, word to the ? Bible that supports slavery. If anything, religion has weakened the character of humans historically, it encourages horrible behavior like slavery in the case of the Bible and Koran. So ? all those religious textbooks, the Bible can suck my ? . Buddhism is the closest thing to a religion I can respect, I actually was a proud Buddhist for a long time. But it's more a philosophy then religion according to many scholars and I agree with that.

Now that communism is gone russia has been reverting back to christ,
    http://www.pewforum.org/2014/02/10/russians-return-to-religion-but-not-to-church/

japan is not really atheist the way the west is china never really was and is not really atheist or anti-religious. All people work hard to better themselves i never said otherwise so i don't know where you are getting that from. But realistically speaking the average american is lazy and cries and ? and is a selfish ? . This entire society is becoming more hollow as we speak

I've explained to you why those northern european nations are happy already since ww2 was over their security has been provided for by the united states. before that there was a war somewhere in europe almost every generation going back to napeleon.

There are good hard working people and lazy people all over but if you think american youth is of the same calibur as people in places like the middle east you are crazy. You are comparing women selling ? in FIRST WORLD america where anyone can go to school and better themselves to girls selling ? in developing nations like mexico

That's a fair comparison to you? people in america people do fuckery when they don't have to because their insides are broken something is missing in them.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

But realistically speaking the average american is lazy and cries and ? and is a selfish ? . This entire society is becoming more hollow as we speak

The Average american is religious. If this is true then it speaks more on the religious people than the atheists.
    I've explained to you why those northern european nations are happy already since ww2 was over their security has been provided for by the united states. before that there was a war somewhere in europe almost every generation going back to napeleon.

Scandinavia's geography was instrumental for them to avoid war for so long. They were out of the way of most conflicts sheltered up North. They avoided most wars after Charles XII of Sweden with a foreign policy that has kept out of other country's business.

• zombie
    Religion is dangerous if the people are uneducated about their religion which is the problem. The more educated they are and of the natural world the better they would be prepared for extremists. I got connected with more African spirituality and it makes sense to me, there is the mathematics, chemistry, and spiritual connection with ritual and intelligence and great wisdom.

Jackpot, THAT is the truth human ignorance of anything is usually the cause of our sufferings that along with fear is what has caused so much pain. NOT RELIGION.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Trashboat wrote: »

But realistically speaking the average american is lazy and cries and ? and is a selfish ? . This entire society is becoming more hollow as we speak

The Average american is religious. If this is true then it speaks more on the religious people than the atheists.

Scandinavia's geography was instrumental for them to avoid war for so long. They were out of the way of most conflicts sheltered up North. They avoided most wars after Charles XII of Sweden with a foreign policy that has kept out of other country's business.

scandinavia would very well have been pulled into war with russia if not for america and the scandinaian nations warred amongst themselves for a very long time. The good thing about america that i feel is changing is that we generally in the past believed in a balance of religion and secular society.

today we are in a haze about both, the general public i feel here is confused they don't know what they want and so that's why america has not fully swung too one side . the ? up thing about that is it gives you the worst of both religion and secularism
  • El Payaso
    El Payaso Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    Man created religion
  • LUClEN

scandinavia would very well have been pulled into war with russia if not for america and the scandinaian nations warred amongst themselves for a very long time.

The last war between Sweden and Norway was 1814, long before world war 1

Scandinavia has other allies that protect it as well

There's more to Sweden's peace time than "America scares away all the threats"
  • zombie
    edited June 2014

scandinavia would very well have been pulled into war with russia if not for america and the scandinaian nations warred amongst themselves for a very long time.

yes but that was not the last war that involved a scandinavian nation my point is that america is responsible for the peace in europe and the reason they can afford to have welfare states is because they don't need to worry so much about security. why is that? it's because a world order came into being that prevented their need for it rebuilt europe and defended it against communism, before that the nations of europe fought to maintain a balance of power on the continent which was what ww1 was really about in the first place.

@ THE BOLDED LIKE WHO ??? all of western europe was protected by america historically speaking the cold war is recent it's only been like 20 years. if not for america russia would have bumm rushed all of ? europe

• LUClEN

yes but that was not the last war that involved a scandinavian nation my point is that america is responsible for the peace in europe and the reason they can afford to have welfare states is because they don't need to worry so much about security. why is that? it's because a world order came into being that prevented their need for it rebuilt europe and defended it against communism, before that the nations of europe fought to maintain a balance of power on the continent which was what ww1 was really about in the first place.

@ THE BOLDED LIKE WHO ??? all of western europe was protected by america historically speaking the cold war is recent it's only been like 20 years. if not for america russia would have bumm rushed all of ? europe

The cold war was thirty years ago

Sweden, Denmark and Norway have been active Nato participants

America plays a role, as their other allies do too

• zombie

The cold war was thirty years ago

America plays a role, as their other allies do too

30 is still nothing, and america is nato. By far the largest share of responsibility is taken up by the usa because most of the other states in nato can do nothing BECAUSE they don't have the will THE ? TO DO a ? thing

they don't spend money blood or political capital they mostly do nothing but reap the rewards of american protection have have been since 1949, America runs nato so don't fool yourself.
  • LUClEN
    America couldn't even beat Vietnam
  • zombie
    edited June 2014

anerica pulled out of vietnam by choice not because it was militarily defeated if not for those ? ass hippies vietnam would never have fell to communism. The people who say we lost are ignorant of history the paris accords forced a peace but after america had all but left vietnam the north broke the treaty and we decided not to reinvade.
  • Ajackson17
    I got to hand it to ? chin Ming though, he studied from the GOAT Marcus Garvey. (Different topic, but it makes me so mad that blacks had Marcus Garvey to themselves but others including Mussolini and ? studied this man and gained so much out of it, we could be really living it up and becoming a powerful people globally.)
  • LUClEN
    edited June 2014

anerica pulled out of vietnam by choice not because it was militarily defeated if not for those ? ass hippies vietnam would never have fell to communism. The people who say we lost are ignorant of history the paris accords forced a peace but after america had all but left vietnam the north broke the treaty and we decided not to reinvade.

It was a military failure but not a defeat
  • zombie

It was a military failure but not a defeat

vietnam was a political failure nothing else.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    just to be pedantic about it: Sweden and Finland are NATO associates; Denmark and Norway are actual members
    nah, we could have beaten (and arguably did) beat North Vietnam in a war. what we couldn't do was turn South Vietnam into a country that could save itself after we left.
    I got to hand it to ? chin Ming though, he studied from the GOAT Marcus Garvey. (Different topic, but it makes me so mad that blacks had Marcus Garvey to themselves but others including Mussolini and ? studied this man and gained so much out of it, we could be really living it up and becoming a powerful people globally.)
    ? Chi Minh accomplished a hell of a lot more than Garvey did, so maybe he should have that GOAT title?

also, if Mussolini and ? studied Garvey and benefited for it, that doesn't sound like a good look for Garvey

• Ajackson17
    janklow wrote: »
    just to be pedantic about it: Sweden and Finland are NATO associates; Denmark and Norway are actual members
    nah, we could have beaten (and arguably did) beat North Vietnam in a war. what we couldn't do was turn South Vietnam into a country that could save itself after we left.
    ? Chi Minh accomplished a hell of a lot more than Garvey did, so maybe he should have that GOAT title?

also, if Mussolini and ? studied Garvey and benefited for it, that doesn't sound like a good look for Garvey

They studied his platform on how to gather people and garvey was kicked out the nation for falsified reasons and deported. I don't care about their moral hang ups but the power they obtained and the wealth and their skills at fixing a nations.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    so you are lookin for a religion that u can follow, but u dont know which one yet?
    and if u find one that you think is gonna be aight for u, u gonna follow it wholeheartedly?
    thats the dumbest ? ever
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    edited June 2014
    CracceR wrote: »
    so you are lookin for a religion that u can follow, but u dont know which one yet?
    and if u find one that you think is gonna be aight for u, u gonna follow it wholeheartedly?
    thats the dumbest ? ever

I would follow it to make me a better person.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Man corrupts everything he desires for love and chaos both exist in the heart.
  • Ajackson17
    Yes, that's why I meditate daily to connect to the creator and balance my heart, mind, and body.