Will Hip Hop Be Relevant In 15-20 Years?

GorillaWitAttitude
GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
Besides the underground do you see hip-hop evolving in 15-20 years? Or do you think it will be taken over by garbage rappers? Also, do you think trap music would still be relevant too? In my opinion, I think the young people now will look and the that Lil Wayne was a G.O.A.T artist. I'm young and I don't think Wayne is a G.O.A.T. What music will us Black people create next is what I ask myself. I don't want the hip-hop culture to die out. When you have artist who suck the future doesn't look bright. Just look at Chief Keef and Lil Mouse. These are the people who are suppose to represent the future? I miss when hip-hop had meaning. Like when you listen to Nas and Tupac. Everybody discuss where do you see our culture of hip-hop going? There's a lot of things I love from Pro Wrestling although I don't watch it much. Plus MMA/Martial Arts, and I love Hip-Hop and the dancing/battles that comes with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6_WZ3qMPs0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GygEAcFFMVs

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    threads like this are stupid... of course it is.... just because the eras change don't make the genre less relevant. ..
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    threads like this are stupid... of course it is.... just because the eras change don't make the genre less relevant. ..

I know eras change, but in my opinion this era has been the worst. Besides from a few good artists we don't have anyone that can carry the torch.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited June 2014
    Hip Hop will be relevant for the rest of our lives. As popular as it once was/is? Maybe not but will always be relevant.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and No. It's always going to be around, but I think commercially, beats, rhymes and life is behind us. Once you inject money into an art form, the art generally suffers on the surface. So run of the mill fans that listen to the radio will never really know what it's all about. It will be here, but the average person is getting super watered down product. I shudder to think what it will be like in 20 years.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    It'll be around it's too profitable.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know eras change, but in my opinion this era has been the worst. Besides from a few good artists we don't have anyone that can carry the torch.

Yea you are young.... ? say what you saying every generation.... do you think in the 80's people in they 40 ' s was completely supportive of hip hop?

do you think in the 90's everybody was on SWV and jodeci? naw... only time will weed out what people will appreciate 15 or 20 years from now..
  • GorillaWitAttitude

Yea you are young.... ? say what you saying every generation.... do you think in the 80's people in they 40 ' s was completely supportive of hip hop?

do you think in the 90's everybody was on SWV and jodeci? naw... only time will weed out what people will appreciate 15 or 20 years from now..

Yeah you make a point with that. Maybe I am looking into that too much. I just kinda get worried with it sometimes because I love the hip-hop culture.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they stop promoting acts like Young Thug, yea
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    Hip Hop will be relevant for the rest of our lives. As popular as it once was/is? Maybe not but will always be relevant.
    co-sign, especially the folks that grew up with it. you think people that grew up with jazz and the blues stop listening to those genres when they weren't relevant? hell no. people will always go back to what they're familiar with, especially if they're older.

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me it will be
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea it will, but mainstream hip hop will probably be worse than what it is now.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question isn't specific enough.

1. Are you asking in 15-20 years will people still be listening to Illmatic, The Chronic, It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back and Paid in Full?

2. Or are you asking in 15-20 years will there be rap albums that are better than and surpass Illmatic, The Chronic, It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back and Paid in Full?
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I might know someone
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 years is not far away enough but is jazz revelent?? that's your answer and the future of hip-hop if this ? continues
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gentrification
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk seems like mainstream is in a state of depression and underground is reigning supreme
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is its "relevance" right now?
  • Ear2DaSt
    Idk seems like mainstream is in a state of depression and underground is reigning supreme

• MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    It'll be around it's too profitable.
    co-sign, especially the folks that grew up with it. you think people that grew up with jazz and the blues stop listening to those genres when they weren't relevant? hell no. people will always go back to what they're familiar with, especially if they're older.

• MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    The question isn't specific enough.

1. Are you asking in 15-20 years will people still be listening to Illmatic, The Chronic, It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back and Paid in Full?

2. Or are you asking in 15-20 years will there be rap albums that are better than and surpass Illmatic, The Chronic, It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back and Paid in Full?

Simple questions people never wanna answer. Becuz as long as I have air in my body "The Chronic" for one will still be on deck

what is its "relevance" right now?

AAAAAAHHHHHHH
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited July 2014

it will get bigger then it is now