CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Lotta atheist on the IC

not believing these fairytales=atheism?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Westie wrote: »
    Accurate would mean this stuff happened....

so I guess they also had clippers back then for line ups and I see a couple of those prophets been hitting up gods gym. was elisha using a Hebrew edition of sporting waves? or was he using a special mixture of juices berries and honey to get that do. stop it this aint accurate the photographer wasn't there unless he has a time machine app hooked up to his camera so how could it be? jesus was a short olive skinned hunchback ask d.l. Hughley close this thread. the closest you'll get to what a biblical figure may have looked like is emperor haile Selassie is is a direct descendant of king david through Solomon.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    This is just more speculation

We can't know for certain whether these people looked Arabic, East African, North African, or whatever else

we can be certain they were not white. and it is a good bet they were dark skinned africans like the ppl who lived in Africa since forever..

Many Israelis and Palestinians today look white
    It is not impossible for some biblical figures to look like that considering those places are the alleged holy land

TODAY.
    those are not the people who are referenced in the Bible.
    the world is mostly brown ppl. One day these attempts to rewrite folklore in the image of lily whites will bite u folks in the ass.

Those people are long dead but 2,000 years is a tiny blip in our history
    They did not go from looking like Wesley Snipes to looking like they do now in that time

Other areas referenced in religious texts, like Babylon and Assyria also have a lot of variation in skin tone and other features

There is no way one could say nobody in these texts was "white" with absolute certainty

You do realize that in under 1/4 that time the population of the US went from 100% Native American to mostly White, Black, Asian and "Hispanic" which didn't even exist before then.

there goes that argument.

Also can someone please explain to this guy why there are so many Israelis that look European.

But we have evidence of large scale migration to support that

I don't know of any that indicates a similar change in the middle east

The bible itself is actually full of depictions of these large scale migrations. One could almost make the argument that that's the basic theme of the entire old testament.

None of it took place in Europe where white people come from. The whitiest you'll get in that book are a few Greeks and some Romans - everyone else is African or Semitic.

Greeks, Assyrians, Turks or Iranians are not White enough?

Ancient Mesopotamia was primarily populated by Semites, not whites (I can't believe I have to say that). The Greeks and Romans who are actually European conquered many of those places much later which explains the way some people look today... thousands of years later.

you can be a Semitic person and have White skin though
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just more speculation

We can't know for certain whether these people looked Arabic, East African, North African, or whatever else

we can be certain they were not white. and it is a good bet they were dark skinned africans like the ppl who lived in Africa since forever..

Many Israelis and Palestinians today look white
    It is not impossible for some biblical figures to look like that considering those places are the alleged holy land

TODAY.
    those are not the people who are referenced in the Bible.
    the world is mostly brown ppl. One day these attempts to rewrite folklore in the image of lily whites will bite u folks in the ass.

Those people are long dead but 2,000 years is a tiny blip in our history
    They did not go from looking like Wesley Snipes to looking like they do now in that time

Other areas referenced in religious texts, like Babylon and Assyria also have a lot of variation in skin tone and other features

There is no way one could say nobody in these texts was "white" with absolute certainty

You do realize that in under 1/4 that time the population of the US went from 100% Native American to mostly White, Black, Asian and "Hispanic" which didn't even exist before then.

there goes that argument.

Also can someone please explain to this guy why there are so many Israelis that look European.

But we have evidence of large scale migration to support that

I don't know of any that indicates a similar change in the middle east

The bible itself is actually full of depictions of these large scale migrations. One could almost make the argument that that's the basic theme of the entire old testament.

None of it took place in Europe where white people come from. The whitiest you'll get in that book are a few Greeks and some Romans - everyone else is African or Semitic.

Greeks, Assyrians, Turks or Iranians are not White enough?

Ancient Mesopotamia was primarily populated by Semites, not whites (I can't believe I have to say that). The Greeks and Romans who are actually European conquered many of those places much later which explains the way some people look today... thousands of years later.

you can be a Semitic person and have White skin though

Semitic yes, they are not from Shem........
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THEY LOOKED mixed that's all that needs to be said
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elisha look like Kevin Durant
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    THEY LOOKED mixed Moroccan or north African that's all that needs to be said

• waterproof
    Israelites are from pitch black to copper color, I mean scriptures tells you that, why's the fuss..if the American ? pick up a book with a renewed mind and through out everything they been taught y'all might learn something
  • waterproof
    I mean throw, mobile site is acting up
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I research and and use dna haplogroup. They look white to mixed.
  • waterproof
    I research and and use dna haplogroup. They look white to mixed.

Your research is faulty because there's accurate accounts of ancient historians who seen Hebrews and noted them as dark negros, there's more than multiple ancient paintings that showed them as the same. Those pictures you posted is nothing new I posted them in my Hebrew thread years ago that shows that blacks can produce different colors from the color spectrum, there's more Egyptian paintings showing Hebrew to be black. Hebrews was mistaken as Egyptians and Ethiopians.

If you know history Hebrews did not mix with no Europeans
  • Ajackson17
    Hebrews were a white to mulatto color every painting showing dusty footed folk have been shown as afro asians.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acts 21:37-39 KJV

And as Paul was to be led into the castle, he said unto the chief captain, May I speak unto thee? Who said, Canst thou speak Greek? Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days madest an uproar, and leddest out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers? But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.

Amos 9:7 KJV

Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the Lord . Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?

These days you are only ignorant because you choose to be
  • zombie
    Hebrews were a white to mulatto color every painting showing dusty footed folk have been shown as afro asians.

Now that's ? stupid
  • zombie
    some_? ! wrote: »
    THEY LOOKED mixed Moroccan or north African that's all that needs to be said

The populations of ancient north africa also included dark skinned african ?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    just going to point out further that religious figures are generally always depicted as similar in race/style of dress/etc to what the person creating the depiction is. that's what people do
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    janklow wrote: »
    just going to point out further that religious figures are generally always depicted as similar in race/style of dress/etc to what the person creating the depiction is. that's what people do

It's true to an extent I believe. The Black Madonnas (and Black baby Jesus' of years past) found in European churches were painted by Eastern Europeans if I'm not mistaken? This is what I have heard from church goers, and those paintings were discovered in Poland and I think Italy too.
  • waterproof

It's true to an extent I believe. The Black Madonnas (and Black baby Jesus' of years past) found in European churches were painted by Eastern Europeans if I'm not mistaken? This is what I have heard from church goers, and those paintings were discovered in Poland and I think Italy too.

The American ? is a sickening people, those white folks knew who, where, what color those Hebrews are, they bow down to them and worship them secretly, and some do it in your face, but the American ? is so sick that he can't believe it and make up excuses
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    waterproof wrote: »

The American ? is a sickening people, those white folks knew who, where, what color those Hebrews are, they bow down to them and worship them secretly, and some do it in your face, but the American ? is so sick that he can't believe it and make up excuses

In many ways you're right. I'm far from religious but it is VERY telling that even Europeans painted Jesus and his mother as Black in the early days. My grandmother has a picture of a White looking Jesus in her room and when I ask why, she says "it doesn't matter what he looked like" and she gets mad at me for even suggesting to put up a Black Jesus figure smh....social engineering is very powerful and mind you she's 88 and was born in Haiti. People associate Jews as being White, so many Blacks can't even fathom a Black Jesus. The media is the main reason for this

• waterproof
    waterproof wrote: »

In many ways you're right. I'm far from religious but it is VERY telling that even Europeans painted Jesus and his mother as Black in the early days. My grandmother has a picture of a White looking Jesus in her room and when I ask why, she says "it doesn't matter what he looked like" and she gets mad at me for even suggesting to put up a Black Jesus figure smh....social engineering is very powerful and mind you she's 88 and was born in Haiti. People associate Jews as being White, so many Blacks can't even fathom a Black Jesus. The media is the main reason for this

Thanks for sharing that story my grandparents been passed, so I never got the chance to bring up the white Jesus, even though they were ? fearing Christian, I think they have to know what color the ancestors are, because what every old black Christian woman says, we are ? 's people, they don't just be saying it....it's something that's in our spirit that still reminds us time from time.

Like Florida Evans the non violent Christian woman almost killed Michael because he took down white Jesus and put up an more accurate representation of the messiah, Michael hit her with scripture and she said she don't care that's the Jesus she knows and her mother, grandmother, great grandmother had that picture
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    okay, to be fair, there are always exceptions. the point might be more that it's not always malicious to portray a religious figure as similar in appearance.

• Ajackson17

Now that's ? stupid

Proof or nah. The habiru looked like Jackie Chan with locks.
  • Ajackson17
    habiru.gif

Habiru.gif

Habiru.gif

They look like afro asiatics to me.

Shang Tsung in this ?
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    habiru.gif

Habiru.gif

Habiru.gif

Shang Tsung in this ?

from where and when are these depictions?
  • Ajackson17
    CracceR wrote: »
    habiru.gif

Habiru.gif

Habiru.gif

Shang Tsung in this ?

from where and when are these depictions?

On the walls of kemet egypt. Accurate depictions