Who's fasting for Ramadan?

2»

Comments

• lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    northside7 wrote: »
    "Yo G, I won't be comin' to any parties or clubs for a while. Ramadan, innit" - my nig.

Sin all year, don't drink for a month. Smh

lol Hilarious cause its true.

You have some that still smoke and drink during the month.

I wouldn't call myself the most devout muslim (certainly not with the things i have done in my life) simply put i don't believe in any gods, but thanks to what you could probably call institutionalized routine due to the culture i have been raised in there's certain things i still shy away from (pork, alcohol the kind) and i'll still try to do my best during fasting as much as i can.more to appease family than anything else because frankly i don't believe in a bit of it at all.

but i feel like the least i can do during this time is show some respect to those around me since to be honest there's not much i can do to get out of it, i'm sure most of us can probably relate to being in a situation like that.

not saying it's like that for everyman though, most of the major dealers in my town are asian lads who outside of these 30 days and are probably the best argument i could put forward as to why Pakistanis shouldn't breed within.
    OhMars wrote: »
    I am.
    I hate waking up so earlu to eat breakfast then trying to go back to sleep. Not eating isn't a big deal to me, I've been fasting since I was 10

since the fast begins here at about 3 in the morning i'm not even bothering to go to sleep until like 2...lol i'm relying on this whole backlog of xbox games i've got to keep me going this month.

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how Kai does her fasting, cause she has a high metabolism and going through the day must be crazy.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lot of respect for Muslims and the practice of fasting. Its not easy as others have said. Especially when its something you have never done and try to pick up late in life. It's more spiritual/mental than anything.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Im not muslim but ima do it this year. I already ate breakfast so Ill start tomorrow lol
  • jill
    jill Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    I'm not fasting but I have plenty of friends who are
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fasting as I do every year... Also no cursing no fornications and lost of meditation
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fasting as I do every year... Also no cursing no fornications and lost of meditation

Yo..are you Muslim?

I'm not Muslim, but I do plan on fasting this year. For personal and spiritual reasons, of course.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator

oh-hell-naw.gif.pagespeed.ce.VioOwnm2io.gif

Youre alone on that one bruh lol
  • Elzo69Renaissance

Yo..are you Muslim?

I'm not Muslim, but I do plan on fasting this year. For personal and spiritual reasons, of course.
    I don't identify w a specific religion but I follow some of Islams teachings...

• Elzo69Renaissance

Yo..are you Muslim?

• Elzo69Renaissance

Yo..are you Muslim?

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am. Not because of ramadan, i just usually fast until 6-8pm because im lazy as ? and dont pack lunches or make breakfast. Most ill have is coffee with heavy cream in the morning. Ive been starting to make some hardboiled eggs for a quick meal but i dont really like them lol.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starving urself for a ? when its actually jus some ancient dude sayin it is dumbest of all time
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boy is bout that life. He said u feel real good after
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? hitting right na. Soo much meat. And the rice tho... I don't think I'm gonna finish.

0jebTN1.jpeg
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »
    "Yo G, I won't be comin' to any parties or clubs for a while. Ramadan, innit" - my nig.

I wouldn't call myself the most devout muslim (certainly not with the things i have done in my life) simply put i don't believe in any gods, but thanks to what you could probably call institutionalized routine due to the culture i have been raised in there's certain things i still shy away from (pork, alcohol the kind) and i'll still try to do my best during fasting as much as i can.more to appease family than anything else because frankly i don't believe in a bit of it at all.

but i feel like the least i can do during this time is show some respect to those around me since to be honest there's not much i can do to get out of it, i'm sure most of us can probably relate to being in a situation like that.

not saying it's like that for everyman though, most of the major dealers in my town are asian lads who outside of these 30 days and are probably the best argument i could put forward as to why Pakistanis shouldn't breed within.
    I am.
    I hate waking up so earlu to eat breakfast then trying to go back to sleep. Not eating isn't a big deal to me, I've been fasting since I was 10

since the fast begins here at about 3 in the morning i'm not even bothering to go to sleep until like 2...lol i'm relying on this whole backlog of xbox games i've got to keep me going this month.

If you "don't believe in a bit of it at all", are you still seeking out truth?
  • kontakz.
    kontakz. Members Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    you also cant drink water?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word on the street, they are making cats in the military participate in this Ramadan ish

barack-hussein-obama-orders-united-states-military-to-bow-to-islam-sharia-law-middle-east-ramadan.jpg
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »

I am.

If you "don't believe in a bit of it at all", are you still seeking out truth?

not from you i'm not
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried fasting when was in my early 20's. Got to about 2pm (on my first and ONLY day trying) and then that as it! Felt like was about to die or collapse. Felt extremely ill. I usually eat a little every 3hrs as seem to get real light headed or feel weak.

I did at one stage relate to Islam. Read back in early years the texts. Said my Shahadah in the private space of my home in 2002. Now I tend to think of myself as just a spiritual person and give thanks to the power that governs the world and all. Now being 34 I've sort of moved away from religion.
  • african prince
    african prince Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    I have failed in my past 2 attempts, but this year INSHALLAH I will make it!
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only fast when I'm on a diet