SHOTS FIRED - "I Love Hot 97 Because They're About To Die Out"

Options
2»

Comments

• mike_tech
    mike_tech Members Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol ok seriously you ? get off the hot 97 hate bandwagon, wtf is the difference from what hot 97 plays and power105 or power106 in cali or hot93.7, and all these other ? stations who all play the same ? . if anything hot 97 actually plays more unsigned and underground rappers than any other new york station just listen to kay slay and rosenberg and even flex plays some local dope artist too. What this really comes down too is everyone loving the breakfast club and hating ebro and rosenberg which is cool if thats what you like and hate, but dont act like hot 97 plays something totally different from other stations.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Was in New York yesterday and opted for silence and talking to my passenger over their radio stations.

And that was hour 6 of the drive, so we didn't have much left to discuss anyway. So mostly silence.

Conclusion?
    Both stations suck

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike_tech wrote: »
    Lol ok seriously you ? get off the hot 97 hate bandwagon, wtf is the difference from what hot 97 plays and power105 or power106 in cali or hot93.7, and all these other ? stations who all play the same ? . if anything hot 97 actually plays more unsigned and underground rappers than any other new york station just listen to kay slay and rosenberg and even flex plays some local dope artist too. What this really comes down too is everyone loving the breakfast club and hating ebro and rosenberg which is cool if thats what you like and hate, but dont act like hot 97 plays something totally different from other stations.

@ the end of the day what is the breakfast clubs without thier interviews ?? lol i didnt hear a dj envy mix until they got syndicated ouchea in my region and i still barely tune into the radio when they are on ... i just catch the interview with it hits youtube .....
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

? not even from ny n hit the nail on the head. The bold is actually true. Every week they have showcases for unsigned artists n every week local independent artists get played on hot97 by a few dj's. Might not be every day or during prime hours but it happens. Power not there yet on that
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mr.october wrote: »

? not even from ny n hit the nail on the head. The bold is actually true. Every week they have showcases for unsigned artists n every week local independent artists get played on hot97 by a few dj's. Might not be every day or during prime hours but it happens. Power not there yet on that
    When you're the top dog people just want to throw shots. Look to this day people still think NY hated LA as if NYC didn't have it's own culture and used it's own air time for it's own artist.
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mr.october wrote: »

When you're the top dog people just want to throw shots. Look to this day people still think NY hated LA as if NYC didn't have it's own culture and used it's own air time for it's own artist.
    I feel u homie. I can't front like the station ain't fall off. Radio is a slowly dying format. But hot97 is still the premier HipHop radio station in the country. Every station got their format from them basically. Especially power.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

true. but hot 97 still ? sucks.

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    Tho they be on they bs I would hate to see hot 97 die out. If I was a intern I would try to step up and save the station.

Get yo ozone and turbo dance battle to save the rec center face ass outta here
  • LouboutinGawd
    LouboutinGawd Members Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't power 105 owned by clear channel? They got money. That's why they're making offers that former hot97 personalities can't refuse
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't buckshot folded when he was on hot 97 talking with old man ebro not too long ago?..son pretty much flipped and started cosigning with Ebro and plugging his ugly kicks...lol
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    n*ggaz need to play my sh*t
  • LouboutinGawd
    LouboutinGawd Members Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    n*ggaz need to play my sh*t
    ? , u trash