Lil Wayne "Tha Carter" In Review: 10 Year Anniversary

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Man I can't stand weezy but the carter is a very solid album IMO. I think you can make an argument. The better question would by why isn't it a classic?

? suck ... wack ass bars number 1 .... number 2 aside from GO DJ these are just some run of the mill typical Mannie beats ...number 3 and most important this ? bit his whole flow and steez from hov on this ? ... gtfoh ? ... classic? lol ... gettin tired of these delusion ass ?

WAYNE HAS 0 CLASSICS.

This ? trippin......Specially with the Hov line.
    Man I can't stand weezy but the carter is a very solid album IMO. I think you can make an argument. The better question would by why isn't it a classic?

? suck ... wack ass bars number 1 .... number 2 aside from GO DJ these are just some run of the mill typical Mannie beats ...number 3 and most important this ? bit his whole flow and steez from hov on this ? ... gtfoh ? ... classic? lol ... gettin tired of these delusion ass ?

WAYNE HAS 0 CLASSICS.

Enough said

/thread

As a known biased poster......bruh don't cheer for this ? . Gillie flow is the only non wayne flow accepted in this situation.

? what i got to be biased against wayne for? lol ....

and you obviously dont know ? about wayne if you dont know about his jay-z obsession.

The ? with the Wu tang avi is biased. And I know Hov his favorite rapper. But to say The Carter is Hov flow is ridiculous. Maybe Gillie. Hov? Nahhhhh

A gillie flow? Gillie? My ? be honest ...did you have any idea who the ? gillie tha kid was before he came out and claimed to have written Wayne's bars?

How would one even know what the hell a "gillie flow" was to begin with
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

WAYNE HAS 0 CLASSICS.

WAYNE HAS 0 CLASSICS.

Enough said

/thread

As a known biased poster......bruh don't cheer for this ? . Gillie flow is the only non wayne flow accepted in this situation.

and you obviously dont know ? about wayne if you dont know about his jay-z obsession.

The ? with the Wu tang avi is biased. And I know Hov his favorite rapper. But to say The Carter is Hov flow is ridiculous. Maybe Gillie. Hov? Nahhhhh

A gillie flow? Gillie? My ? be honest ...did you have any idea who the ? gillie tha kid was before he came out and claimed to have written Wayne's bars?

http://youtu.be/m54GoQbEDf8

KMEL and CMC used to play this heavy
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Breaking News: Legendary Hip Hop Albums Stripped of Classic Status

STUNNA ISLAND Fl- After objective posters deemed that Lil Wayne had 0 classics, Young Money Ass Money Groupies took action. By 10 pm eastern tonight all hip hop albums were stripped of Classic status on the Ilseed Community untill every internet poster declares wayne has a classic.

"If wayne has no classics then no album is a classic!" said super groupie Bcotton. Earlier in the day police were in a standoff with the groupie as he held a gun to a rare signed Illmatic Viynl. Police were able to remove the record from danger after 3 hours which included tears, a live reciting of how to love and the suspect repeatedly saying "mmm".

Reporters immediately went to Linden Boulevard where Q-Tips response on the matter. Tip whose legendary productions and bars on the Low End Theory were now in danger of not being deemed a classic. Tipster responded by saying "The day Gudda Gudda gets a release date will be the day Low End Theory is not a classic."

Dre could not be reached for comment as he was still counting his money from the Beats sell to apple.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    You can always tell who listen to music and who just skim through it.

Then have the nerve to be first to raise their hand with an opinion.

Seen too many folk, even my own WIFE say lil wayne is ass. One day im sitting in the house and she come back from a ride, had that carter 1 in the player .

She admitted she had been sleeping , told me her favorite tracks, time went on she knew bars. She say its one of the best she heard .

Never met a person that listened to that album that didnt give it its due respects.

If C1 aint a classic then aint no such thing....

tumblr_mb8ps5LId21rvis73o1_500.gif

So the Chronic aint classic becasue the Carter aint classic?

so so so so ... The Low End Theory aint classic cos you mad?

lmao .... ? and this music ? boy ..... got damn smmfh

Never heard the low end theory.

But im not listening to the chronic straight through like the carter 1.

Have you ever listened to the carter straight through without bias?

kattwilliams-o.gif
    ? gtfoh and go educate youself on REAL classic music before you come at me asking questions
  • JDSTAYWITIT

WAYNE HAS 0 CLASSICS.

WAYNE HAS 0 CLASSICS.

Enough said

/thread

http://youtu.be/m54GoQbEDf8

KMEL and CMC used to play this heavy

gillie flow on here sounds like wayne from C1 to you bruh? .... you said that if wayne sounded like anybody its this?

go listen to the black album again... listen to bp2 again ... then listen to a track like "this is the carter" listen to how wayne accentuates the last words of each of his bars ... jay had beeeeeeennn doing that ? ... listen to his little adlibs ...all that ? .. look at how this ? was dressing! lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiXNk_1rIYM

? timbs ... cocked yankee fitted ... lol .... this ? was hov lite ... the ? got videos talking about how he was obsessed with jay-z bruh ... i thought this ? was well known lol
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    shout out Nas! Mass Appeal showing love to the best rapper alive
    http://massappeal.com/tha-carter-ten-year-anniversary/

Lil-Wayne-middle-finger-.jpg

A Look Back at Lil Wayne’s Lyrical Gems on “Tha Carter”
    Music

Today marks the 10th anniversary of Tha Carter, Lil Wayne’s fourth solo album and his first installment of the storied Carter series. Although Wayne put out serious heat prior to Tha Carter— including “Project ? ,” “Bling Bling,” and “The Block Is Hot”— this album really began Wayne’s transformation into the icon he is today. It bumped Wayne from Capo to Cash Money’s top dog.

He dropped so much knowledge on Tha Carter that it’s genuinely hard to keep your cool. When “Go DJ” comes on in the club today, people still lose their ? . And it’s not just the singles, as Wayne’s lyrical prowess was on full display that whole album. From “Lil Weezy-ana, piranhas everywhere you at / You gotta wear an extra condom and an extra gat” to “Throw my weight like Sherman Klump / I gotta hold up my estate like Donald Trump,” here are the craziest bars on Tha Carter.

Wayne the GOAT

Stop it b,
    When do you fools go to the club you cats be in here all day sucking wayne off everytime something is mentioned about him online,
    Wayne ain't no goat he has no universal classic that the world will agree upon like the chronic or illmatic ready to die, etc,,,, stop it. his biggest album of his career is in his top 3 worst projects and most of his fans will agree most wayne fans never talk about his album and when they do its the carter 2 and his ? ass mixtape tracks which are better than all his albums, some of you wayne fans are delusional as hell, i rarely ever hear go dj in the club ever, i party from state to state frequently,
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How a ? going say what most fans talk about regarding Wayne discography ? Lmaoooo FOH

Carter 1 is some of Wayne's best work and no fan will tell u otherwise
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seen too many folk, even my own WIFE say lil wayne is ass. One day im sitting in the house and she come back from a ride, had that carter 1 in the player .

She admitted she had been sleeping , told me her favorite tracks, time went on she knew bars. She say its one of the best she heard .

Never met a person that listened to that album that didnt give it its due respects.

kattwilliams-o.gif
    ? gtfoh and go educate youself on REAL classic music before you come at me asking questions

Im honest man, im not going to throw out opinions on an album that i never sat down and listened through.

You a ? clown dude.
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    You fans only scream about Wayne's squad up mixtapes, dedication 1 and 2, carter 2 the drought tapes and carter 1 last if them all stop it. you fans never mention the carter any other time now because 10 years have passed yall all of a sudden want to act like this is a classic now, it was a solid wayne project but nowhere near a classic
  • JDSTAYWITIT

kattwilliams-o.gif

Im honest man, im not going to throw out opinions on an album that i never sat down and listened through.

You a ? clown dude.

And I'm honestly telling you to get the ? out of my face with this ? ....

I don't deal with you know nothing ass rap fans .... get your education up ....then maybe you can sit at the big boy table kiddo....and yo dont break my ? spork either ? ...you gone have to reuse that for next time Lil bastard

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

WAYNE HAS 0 CLASSICS.

Bruh.. you have no taste in music if you think the carter had wack ass bars...

like i said ....if ? think a dude doing a knock off ass jay-z impersonation constitutes "classic material" ....you smokin that wet

Post a song that Jay z did that has similar flow as wayne had on the carter...
  • damobb2deep
    You fans only scream about Wayne's squad up mixtapes, dedication 1 and 2, carter 2 the drought tapes and carter 1 last if them all stop it. you fans never mention the carter any other time now because 10 years have passed yall all of a sudden want to act like this is a classic now, it was a solid wayne project but nowhere near a classic

? i been sayin that album was a classic for YEARS now... and have seen others do the same..
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    Ok you feel like its a classic your entitled your a opinion but the rest of the world with common sense and history and knowledge of hiphop know that album aint no classic, when people talk about classic album in hiphop that ? is never mentioned ever foh b lmao wayne never made a classic album a few good ones maybe a solid 2 out of all the projects he put out
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunger For More came out the same day.. Sold more records first week, Sold more records overral, had more critical acclaim, more hits and singles charting higher than Wayne's.

No one calls Hunger For More A Classic.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Just cause it might be Wayne's best doesnt mean its classic

again Zero classics
  • damobb2deep
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Hunger For More came out the same day.. Sold more records first week, Sold more records overral, had more critical acclaim, more hits and singles charting higher than Wayne's.

So these are the things that's supposed to make things a classic? lol... ok so that means nicki Menaj has a classic... or better yet the carter 3 and 4 is classics huh... lol smh either way you say it wayne has made a classic album... for my standards for what a classic is sales are not as important as flow... production.... replay value.... graceful aging... and historical significance..

it's funny cuz reasonable doubt and illmatic are considered classics but didn't sale like that.... you ? like to change the standards of what a classic is to fit the artist you like..
  • damobb2deep
    Ok you feel like its a classic your entitled your a opinion but the rest of the world with common sense and history and knowledge of hiphop know that album aint no classic, when people talk about classic album in hiphop that ? is never mentioned ever foh b lmao wayne never made a classic album a few good ones maybe a solid 2 out of all the projects he put out

the fact that me and a bunch of people who grew up in that era sat there and identified with that album( which even you admitted was at least solid) has met all the parameters of what makes a classic...you might be a Lil older then me and stuck in the 90's as far as what you expect a classic should be... but bruh I'm telling you any person who was rocking wit wayne at that time can tell you that is a classic album...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh idek why u arguing with these old ?

I felt the impact of tha Carter and saw how it launched Wayne

Remember ? on the bus and through the hallways rapping BM JR

That album is ? and started Wayne's run at the top
  • nujerz84

So these are the things that's supposed to make things a classic? lol... ok so that means nicki Menaj has a classic... or better yet the carter 3 and 4 is classics huh... lol smh either way you say it wayne has made a classic album... for my standards for what a classic is sales are not as important as flow... production.... replay value.... graceful aging... and historical significance..

it's funny cuz reasonable doubt and illmatic are considered classics but didn't sale like that.... you ? like to change the standards of what a classic is to fit the artist you like..

Like how you missed over critical acclaim.

Lmao at comparing Pop Rap to a Mixtape NYC sound.

Lmao at Historical Significance when that album made no impact stop with revisionist ? .

In terms of lyrics/bars, production and Content HFM>> Carter.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Birdman Jr was my fav song classic album
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayne the carmelo anthony of the rap game
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • damobb2deep

Lmao at Historical Significance when that album made no impact stop with revisionist ? .

It got critical acclaim what you talkin about... they posted a damn article in this damn thread stating that..
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    R.D. wrote: »
    Bruh idek why u arguing with these old ?

I felt the impact of tha Carter and saw how it launched Wayne

Remember ? on the bus and through the hallways rapping BM JR

That album is ? and started Wayne's run at the top

Started his run at the top?

Lmao ....how ? when he got outsold by ? llyod banks?

Oh lord you wayne Stan's may actually be worse tha them ? ? NASTIALITES with the rhetoric and hyperbole

Nobody gave two ? about wayne or considered him top shelf until that C3 ? came out after his mixtape and multiple features run ....when he sold a million in a week that's when he started to turn heads ......cut this ? out
  • nujerz84

It got critical acclaim what you talkin about... they posted a damn article in this damn thread stating that..

Oh you mean the revisionist biased piece? Lmao at any club I know of getting hyped off Wack Ass Go DJ in 2014. If he said Bring It Back he be correct.

Never said Carter got bad Reviews just HFM were better and they were not by much.

Not one hiphop website, magazine or blog gave The Carter classic reivew or ratings.