Lil Wayne "Tha Carter" In Review: 10 Year Anniversary

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I can't stand weezy but the carter is a very solid album IMO. I think you can make an argument. The better question would by why isn't it a classic?

? suck ... wack ass bars number 1 .... number 2 aside from GO DJ these are just some run of the mill typical Mannie beats ...number 3 and most important this ? bit his whole flow and steez from hov on this ? ... gtfoh ? ... classic? lol ... gettin tired of these delusion ass ?

WAYNE HAS 0 CLASSICS.

Bruh.. you have no taste in music if you think the carter had wack ass bars...

like i said ....if ? think a dude doing a knock off ass jay-z impersonation constitutes "classic material" ....you smokin that wet

Post a song that Jay z did that has similar flow as wayne had on the carter...

Already answered this question earlier in this thread ....lmao at you wayne Stan's thinking this ? was actually doing some thing on this average ass carter album .... This ? bit up another ? whole flow ...way of dress and y'all call the ? classic... Just a got damn shame
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your ? can get it for acting like a man and ? in Pakistan ain't packing like ya man
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? rappers don't drop classic albums. ? yo thread ? .
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Hunger For More came out the same day.. Sold more records first week, Sold more records overral, had more critical acclaim, more hits and singles charting higher than Wayne's.

No one calls Hunger For More A Classic.

So these are the things that's supposed to make things a classic? lol... ok so that means nicki Menaj has a classic... or better yet the carter 3 and 4 is classics huh... lol smh either way you say it wayne has made a classic album... for my standards for what a classic is sales are not as important as flow... production.... replay value.... graceful aging... and historical significance..

it's funny cuz reasonable doubt and illmatic are considered classics but didn't sale like that.... you ? like to change the standards of what a classic is to fit the artist you like..

Like how you missed over critical acclaim.

Lmao at comparing Pop Rap to a Mixtape NYC sound.

Lmao at Historical Significance when that album made no impact stop with revisionist ? .

In terms of lyrics/bars, production and Content HFM>> Carter.

It got critical acclaim what you talkin about... they posted a damn article in this damn thread stating that..

Oh you mean the revisionist biased piece? Lmao at any club I know of getting hyped off Wack Ass Go DJ in 2014. If he said Bring It Back he be correct.

Never said Carter got bad Reviews just HFM were better and they were not by much.

Not one hiphop website, magazine or blog gave The Carter classic reivew or ratings.

what hip hop magazine or website at the time had credibility?
  • R.D.
    lol & HFM being better than tha Carter
  • damobb2deep
    Man I can't stand weezy but the carter is a very solid album IMO. I think you can make an argument. The better question would by why isn't it a classic?

? suck ... wack ass bars number 1 .... number 2 aside from GO DJ these are just some run of the mill typical Mannie beats ...number 3 and most important this ? bit his whole flow and steez from hov on this ? ... gtfoh ? ... classic? lol ... gettin tired of these delusion ass ?

WAYNE HAS 0 CLASSICS.

like i said ....if ? think a dude doing a knock off ass jay-z impersonation constitutes "classic material" ....you smokin that wet

Already answered this question earlier in this thread ....lmao at you wayne Stan's thinking this ? was actually doing some thing on this average ass carter album .... This ? bit up another ? whole flow ...way of dress and y'all call the ? classic... Just a got damn shame

what does the way a ? dress have 2 do with music. .. BTW you act like Jay z is 100 percent original lol..
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok you feel like its a classic your entitled your a opinion but the rest of the world with common sense and history and knowledge of hiphop know that album aint no classic, when people talk about classic album in hiphop that ? is never mentioned ever foh b lmao wayne never made a classic album a few good ones maybe a solid 2 out of all the projects he put out

the fact that me and a bunch of people who grew up in that era sat there and identified with that album( which even you admitted was at least solid) has met all the parameters of what makes a classic...you might be a Lil older then me and stuck in the 90's as far as what you expect a classic should be... but bruh I'm telling you any person who was rocking wit wayne at that time can tell you that is a classic album...

I know die hard lil wayne fans that will tell you that album is not a classic, its a good album for wayne probably his second best album of his career and its still not a classic, the people you grew up does not dictate the world foh lol, this is laughable at best, you say i'm stuck in the 90s really i name albums from the 2000s that are 20 times better than the carter 1 that album had zero cultural impact when dropped, lets go some albums that completely ? on the carter one,
    College dropout- kanye west
    get rich or die trying -50 cent
    eminem show- eminem
    Be, -common
    urban legend- t.i
    Straight outta cashville-young buck
    TM 101-young jeezy
    Diplomatic immunity-dipset
    Blueprint 1 and the black album -Jay-z
    The documentary- the game
    The fix-scarface
    Speakerboxx/the love below outkast
    Stillmatic- Nas
    Food and liquor- lupe fiasco
    Carter 2- lil wayne ( and this still isnt a classic album)
    Good kid mad city- kendrick
    Section 80- kendrick
    Supreme clientel - ghostface killah

Some of these may not all be classics but they all have a better chance being called a classic before the carter 1 stop it 5 you fans over hype wayne beyond belief you guys are 20 times worst than 2pac stans

• JDSTAYWITIT

WAYNE HAS 0 CLASSICS.

what does the way a ? dress have 2 do with music. .. BTW you act like Jay z is 100 percent original lol..

? WTF are you talking about.
  • damobb2deep
    Ok you feel like its a classic your entitled your a opinion but the rest of the world with common sense and history and knowledge of hiphop know that album aint no classic, when people talk about classic album in hiphop that ? is never mentioned ever foh b lmao wayne never made a classic album a few good ones maybe a solid 2 out of all the projects he put out

the fact that me and a bunch of people who grew up in that era sat there and identified with that album( which even you admitted was at least solid) has met all the parameters of what makes a classic...you might be a Lil older then me and stuck in the 90's as far as what you expect a classic should be... but bruh I'm telling you any person who was rocking wit wayne at that time can tell you that is a classic album...

I know die hard lil wayne fans that will tell you that album is not a classic, its a good album for wayne probably his second best album of his career and its still not a classic, the people you grew up does not dictate the world foh lol, this is laughable at best, you say i'm stuck in the 90s really i name albums from the 2000s that are 20 times better than the carter 1 that album had zero cultural impact when dropped, lets go some albums that completely ? on the carter one,
    eminem show- eminem
    Be, -common
    urban legend- t.i
    TM 101-young jeezy
    The fix-scarface
    Stillmatic- Nas
    Section 80- kendrick

Some of these may not all be classics but they all have a better chance being called a classic before the carter 1 stop it 5 you fans over hype wayne beyond belief you guys are 20 times worst than 2pac stans

Lmao at straight outta cashville being better then the carter. .. (btw I'm not a wayne Stan at all.. I feel like even though the carter 3 was his best selling album it was his worst... plies came out the same day with definition of real and that CD shytted on the carter imo) also even tho get rich or die trying was hyped like a bytch and a ok album IMO carter shyts on that one too.. also at "20 times better" carter was a classic album no matter how you try and discredit it... if you like albums that you can play from front to back no stopping... like word play.. beats... and concept you can't say it's not a classic... play that CD right now in any hood and I bet you gonna hear " that was my ? when it came out" it has stood the test of time and you can't deny that..
  • damobb2deep

WAYNE HAS 0 CLASSICS.

AGAIN WTF.... DOES THE WAY A ? DRESS HAVE TO DO WITH MUSIC... also Jay z "bit ? flow" before as well so even if wayne did "bite Jay z" it wasn't Jay-Z ' s to begin with. ..
  • clippyclipp n*gga

eminem show- eminem
    Be, -common
    urban legend- t.i
    TM 101-young jeezy
    The fix-scarface
    Stillmatic- Nas
    Section 80- kendrick

Lmao at straight outta cashville being better then the carter. .. (btw I'm not a wayne Stan at all.. I feel like even though the carter 3 was his best selling album it was his worst... plies came out the same day with definition of real and that CD shytted on the carter imo) also even tho get rich or die trying was hyped like a bytch and a ok album IMO carter shyts on that one too.. also at "20 times better" carter was a classic album no matter how you try and discredit it... if you like albums that you can play from front to back no stopping... like word play.. beats... and concept you can't say it's not a classic... play that CD right now in any hood and I bet you gonna hear " that was my ? when it came out" it has stood the test of time and you can't deny that..

So the carter one is better than get rich or die trying but a plies album was better than the carter 3 lmao this guys is completely ass backwards and we are talking lyrics, bears and concepts, this whole conversation is laughable lmao, nobody plays the carter one in the mecca of hiphop foh that album was solid but nowhere near a classic lmao
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    If Wayne has A classic it would be Carter 2...The Carter is the album Wayne started to come into his own as an MC..but Carter 2 is it..Rest of his albums are pretty good or average..Carter 1 falls into that "pretty good" slot
  • damobb2deep

eminem show- eminem
    Be, -common
    urban legend- t.i
    TM 101-young jeezy
    The fix-scarface
    Stillmatic- Nas
    Section 80- kendrick

So the carter one is better than get rich or die trying but a plies album was better than the carter 3 lmao this guys is completely ass backwards and we are talking lyrics, bears and concepts, this whole conversation is laughable lmao, nobody plays the carter one in the mecca of hiphop foh that album was solid but nowhere near a classic lmao

So you saying the carter 3 was better then the carter one? that's ass backwards bruh...

BTW the "mecca of hip hop" the most consistent person from new York has been Nicki Menaj.... guess who she signed to tho.... smh...
  • JDSTAYWITIT

WAYNE HAS 0 CLASSICS.

AGAIN WTF.... DOES THE WAY A ? DRESS HAVE TO DO WITH MUSIC... also Jay z "bit ? flow" before as well so even if wayne did "bite Jay z" it wasn't Jay-Z ' s to begin with. ..

Lmao you wayne Stan ? a trip ... Where did I say him dressing different had anything to do with his music? Lmfao ...read my ? ..read

I said wayne bit jays whole steez .... In the music you can see it by the way he stole his flow ... in the style you can tell by the dress .... ? even The Clipse got tired of that ? years later and made Mr.Me Too for a reason ...

Lmfao .... It went from ...nah nah he ain't steal nobodies flow that's alllll weeeezy f baby ... To wellllll even if he did steal it dont matter ....ima Stan till the end ...

Cuhz I'm done .... Y'all ? pressed
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    i never said the carter 3 was better than the carter 1 where did you see me say that i said his best project is the carter 2 album wise and even that isn't a classic the carter one was a solid project but its tons of albums better than that album. that came out around the same time.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whole cd, for all those interested in celebrating a classic
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always tell who listen to music and who just skim through it.

Then have the nerve to be first to raise their hand with an opinion.

Seen too many folk, even my own WIFE say lil wayne is ass. One day im sitting in the house and she come back from a ride, had that carter 1 in the player .

She admitted she had been sleeping , told me her favorite tracks, time went on she knew bars. She say its one of the best she heard .

Never met a person that listened to that album that didnt give it its due respects.

If C1 aint a classic then aint no such thing....
    damn
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

eminem show- eminem
    Be, -common
    urban legend- t.i
    TM 101-young jeezy
    The fix-scarface
    Stillmatic- Nas
    Section 80- kendrick

So you saying the carter 3 was better then the carter one? that's ass backwards bruh...

BTW the "mecca of hip hop" the most consistent person from new York has been Nicki Menaj.... guess who she signed to tho.... smh...

You wanna know how I know you're getting your ass kicked in this debate? Cause you're bringing. Up irrelevant ? . The ? does Nicki Minaj (not true btw said by a true casual hip hop fan) have to do with carter 1 being a classic?
  • damobb2deep
    i never said the carter 3 was better than the carter 1 where did you see me say that i said his best project is the carter 2 album wise and even that isn't a classic the carter one was a solid project but its tons of albums better than that album. that came out around the same time.
    lol you said " this ? said plies album was better then carter 3 but carter 1 was better then get rich or die trying this ? backwards" the carter 3 and the carter 1 are two different albums so how the hell can what I said be backwards unless you think the carter 3 was better than the carter 1...
  • damobb2deep

eminem show- eminem
    Be, -common
    urban legend- t.i
    TM 101-young jeezy
    The fix-scarface
    Stillmatic- Nas
    Section 80- kendrick

You wanna know how I know you're getting your ass kicked in this debate? Cause you're bringing. Up irrelevant ? . The ? does Nicki Minaj (not true btw said by a true casual hip hop fan) have to do with carter 1 being a classic?
    He brought up the mecca of hip hop which is new York bruh... and the most consistent person from new York at this time is Nicki Menaj....

and gwaf at me being a casual hip hop fan when I listen to only hip hop and r&b. ..
  • damobb2deep

WAYNE HAS 0 CLASSICS.

Lmao you wayne Stan ? a trip ... Where did I say him dressing different had anything to do with his music? Lmfao ...read my ? ..read

I said wayne bit jays whole steez .... In the music you can see it by the way he stole his flow ... in the style you can tell by the dress .... ? even The Clipse got tired of that ? years later and made Mr.Me Too for a reason ...

Lmfao .... It went from ...nah nah he ain't steal nobodies flow that's alllll weeeezy f baby ... To wellllll even if he did steal it dont matter ....ima Stan till the end ...

Cuhz I'm done .... Y'all ? pressed

was it you that brought up him jacking the way someone else dressed?
  • damobb2deep
    ^^^^ btw didn't Jay z jack biggie style?

but I'm the casual fan smh gwaf...
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    I'm done conversing with these types of hiphop fans they never want to face reality so my convo is done and i'm leaving with the fact that carter 1 is not a classic even creators of this site and forum didn't even bother to acknowledge its been 10 years for this album, why because even the creators of this site knows its not a classic lmao
  • R.D.
    Flip ya vehicle, split ya windshield, wack your baby mama but I let the kid live