Lil Wayne "Tha Carter" In Review: 10 Year Anniversary

1234568»

Comments

• The Furley Ghost
    The Furley Ghost Members Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    If you were into hip hop around this time Lil Wayne was on your radar whether he was a pop star is irrelevant... And this and c2 classics

Real ? ... with they logic illmatic and reasonable doubt not classics then...

This is flawed only because again if your into hip hop you heard of nas and jay before their debuts even
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    If you were into hip hop around this time Lil Wayne was on your radar whether he was a pop star is irrelevant... And this and c2 classics

Real ? ... with they logic illmatic and reasonable doubt not classics then...

This is flawed only because again if your into hip hop you heard of nas and jay before their debuts even

everybody on here ain't that old enough to have been able to do that tho...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    If Wayne has A classic it would be Carter 2...

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok you feel like its a classic your entitled your a opinion but the rest of the world with common sense and history and knowledge of hiphop know that album aint no classic, when people talk about classic album in hiphop that ? is never mentioned ever foh b lmao wayne never made a classic album a few good ones maybe a solid 2 out of all the projects he put out

the fact that me and a bunch of people who grew up in that era sat there and identified with that album( which even you admitted was at least solid) has met all the parameters of what makes a classic...you might be a Lil older then me and stuck in the 90's as far as what you expect a classic should be... but bruh I'm telling you any person who was rocking wit wayne at that time can tell you that is a classic album...

I know die hard lil wayne fans that will tell you that album is not a classic, its a good album for wayne probably his second best album of his career and its still not a classic, the people you grew up does not dictate the world foh lol, this is laughable at best, you say i'm stuck in the 90s really i name albums from the 2000s that are 20 times better than the carter 1 that album had zero cultural impact when dropped, lets go some albums that completely ? on the carter one,
    College dropout- kanye west
    get rich or die trying -50 cent
    eminem show- eminem
    Be, -common
    urban legend- t.i
    Straight outta cashville-young buck
    TM 101-young jeezy
    Diplomatic immunity-dipset
    Blueprint 1 and the black album -Jay-z
    The documentary- the game
    The fix-scarface
    Speakerboxx/the love below outkast
    Stillmatic- Nas
    Food and liquor- lupe fiasco
    Carter 2- lil wayne ( and this still isnt a classic album)
    Good kid mad city- kendrick
    Section 80- kendrick
    Supreme clientel - ghostface killah

Some of these may not all be classics but they all have a better chance being called a classic before the carter 1 stop it 5 you fans over hype wayne beyond belief you guys are 20 times worst than 2pac stans

Lmao at straight outta cashville being better then the carter. .. (btw I'm not a wayne Stan at all.. I feel like even though the carter 3 was his best selling album it was his worst... plies came out the same day with definition of real and that CD shytted on the carter imo) also even tho get rich or die trying was hyped like a bytch and a ok album IMO carter shyts on that one too.. also at "20 times better" carter was a classic album no matter how you try and discredit it... if you like albums that you can play from front to back no stopping... like word play.. beats... and concept you can't say it's not a classic... play that CD right now in any hood and I bet you gonna hear " that was my ? when it came out" it has stood the test of time and you can't deny that..

So the carter one is better than get rich or die trying but a plies album was better than the carter 3 lmao this guys is completely ass backwards and we are talking lyrics, bears and concepts, this whole conversation is laughable lmao, nobody plays the carter one in the mecca of hiphop foh that album was solid but nowhere near a classic lmao

So you saying the carter 3 was better then the carter one? that's ass backwards bruh...

BTW the "mecca of hip hop" the most consistent person from new York has been Nicki Menaj.... guess who she signed to tho.... smh...

You wanna know how I know you're getting your ass kicked in this debate? Cause you're bringing. Up irrelevant ? . The ? does Nicki Minaj (not true btw said by a true casual hip hop fan) have to do with carter 1 being a classic?
    He brought up the mecca of hip hop which is new York bruh... and the most consistent person from new York at this time is Nicki Menaj....

and gwaf at me being a casual hip hop fan when I listen to only hip hop and r&b. ..

Ok but new York being called the mecca of hip hop has nothing to do with how many ? they got on the radio today. It's about where it started. It's about what new York has done for the culture in general

this is why you're being called a casual fan cause this is the exact ? they would say
  • damobb2deep
    Ok you feel like its a classic your entitled your a opinion but the rest of the world with common sense and history and knowledge of hiphop know that album aint no classic, when people talk about classic album in hiphop that ? is never mentioned ever foh b lmao wayne never made a classic album a few good ones maybe a solid 2 out of all the projects he put out

the fact that me and a bunch of people who grew up in that era sat there and identified with that album( which even you admitted was at least solid) has met all the parameters of what makes a classic...you might be a Lil older then me and stuck in the 90's as far as what you expect a classic should be... but bruh I'm telling you any person who was rocking wit wayne at that time can tell you that is a classic album...

I know die hard lil wayne fans that will tell you that album is not a classic, its a good album for wayne probably his second best album of his career and its still not a classic, the people you grew up does not dictate the world foh lol, this is laughable at best, you say i'm stuck in the 90s really i name albums from the 2000s that are 20 times better than the carter 1 that album had zero cultural impact when dropped, lets go some albums that completely ? on the carter one,
    eminem show- eminem
    Be, -common
    urban legend- t.i
    TM 101-young jeezy
    The fix-scarface
    Stillmatic- Nas
    Section 80- kendrick

Some of these may not all be classics but they all have a better chance being called a classic before the carter 1 stop it 5 you fans over hype wayne beyond belief you guys are 20 times worst than 2pac stans

Lmao at straight outta cashville being better then the carter. .. (btw I'm not a wayne Stan at all.. I feel like even though the carter 3 was his best selling album it was his worst... plies came out the same day with definition of real and that CD shytted on the carter imo) also even tho get rich or die trying was hyped like a bytch and a ok album IMO carter shyts on that one too.. also at "20 times better" carter was a classic album no matter how you try and discredit it... if you like albums that you can play from front to back no stopping... like word play.. beats... and concept you can't say it's not a classic... play that CD right now in any hood and I bet you gonna hear " that was my ? when it came out" it has stood the test of time and you can't deny that..

So the carter one is better than get rich or die trying but a plies album was better than the carter 3 lmao this guys is completely ass backwards and we are talking lyrics, bears and concepts, this whole conversation is laughable lmao, nobody plays the carter one in the mecca of hiphop foh that album was solid but nowhere near a classic lmao

So you saying the carter 3 was better then the carter one? that's ass backwards bruh...

BTW the "mecca of hip hop" the most consistent person from new York has been Nicki Menaj.... guess who she signed to tho.... smh...

You wanna know how I know you're getting your ass kicked in this debate? Cause you're bringing. Up irrelevant ? . The ? does Nicki Minaj (not true btw said by a true casual hip hop fan) have to do with carter 1 being a classic?
    He brought up the mecca of hip hop which is new York bruh... and the most consistent person from new York at this time is Nicki Menaj....

and gwaf at me being a casual hip hop fan when I listen to only hip hop and r&b. ..

Ok but new York being called the mecca of hip hop has nothing to do with how many ? they got on the radio today. It's about where it started. It's about what new York has done for the culture in general

this is why you're being called a casual fan cause this is the exact ? they would say
    if you have noticed the "mecca of hip hop" although it matters it don't have the same impact it had 20 years ago... and that's more of a generational thing... most new yorkers under 23 and under pretty much know the southern hip hop as what's been played and what's popular. ..
  • Built 4 cuban linx

eminem show- eminem
    Be, -common
    urban legend- t.i
    TM 101-young jeezy
    The fix-scarface
    Stillmatic- Nas
    Section 80- kendrick

if you have noticed the "mecca of hip hop" although it matters it don't have the same impact it had 20 years ago... and that's more of a generational thing... most new yorkers under 23 and under pretty much know the southern hip hop as what's been played and what's popular. ..

Completely missed the point once again but whatever. But answer this, the guy that been dominating hip hop since 98, where's he from again? Oh
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the people I know think carter 2>>> carter 1. So that would mean he has two classics....which he doesn't unless you're including mixtapes. C1 was a really good album that made more people take him seriously but thats about it. It's pretty much the same way I feel about Dedication 1 and 2. D1 is actually better than cater 1.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    Flip ya vehicle, split ya windshield, wack your baby mama but I let the kid live

And people say that I am a kid still because a little n**** still ride on big wheels!
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Flip ya vehicle, split ya windshield, wack your baby mama but I let the kid live

And people say that I am a kid still because a little n**** still ride on big wheels!

You feeling animal then come on and get killed, my sig peel bandanas like bananas
  • damobb2deep

eminem show- eminem
    Be, -common
    urban legend- t.i
    TM 101-young jeezy
    The fix-scarface
    Stillmatic- Nas
    Section 80- kendrick

Completely missed the point once again but whatever. But answer this, the guy that been dominating hip hop since 98, where's he from again? Oh

I got yo point you basically saying old New York heads don't think it's a classic so it aint...
  • Built 4 cuban linx

eminem show- eminem
    Be, -common
    urban legend- t.i
    TM 101-young jeezy
    The fix-scarface
    Stillmatic- Nas
    Section 80- kendrick

I got yo point you basically saying old New York heads don't think it's a classic so it aint...

See now we got you confused, I didn't say that. I believe the other ? did
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't say old new york or young new york i said that album isn't a classic and thats a fact plain and simple that album is never mentioned with the likes of any classic albums, only die hard wayne fans try to force that classic ? on the hiphop heads. its not a classic for the old or new generation.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    So neither one of us said the ? . ? is he talking about then?
  • damobb2deep

eminem show- eminem
    Be, -common
    urban legend- t.i
    TM 101-young jeezy
    The fix-scarface
    Stillmatic- Nas
    Section 80- kendrick

See now we got you confused, I didn't say that. I believe the other ? did

lol ? I'm debating like 3 ? .. *shrugs*
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayne fans are mainly the ones who view it as a classic.
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    who knows he's probably drugged up like wayne. delusional about what's a classic and whats not
    let's name some more classic album

Wu-Tang.jpg

rae.jpg

Nas_-_Illmatic.jpg
    rakim-paid-in-full.jpg
  • damobb2deep
    who knows he's probably drugged up like wayne. delusional about what's a classic and whats not

Wu-Tang.jpg

rae.jpg

Nas_-_Illmatic.jpg
    rakim-paid-in-full.jpg

lol at you posting all albums 20 plus years old....
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @waynegroupies can all classic hip hop albums get their classic status back or do we actually have to pretend wayne has a classic
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    F

Wu-Tang.jpg

rae.jpg

Nas_-_Illmatic.jpg
    rakim-paid-in-full.jpg

lol at you posting all albums 20 plus years old....

i already posted classic albums in the 2000s already weirdo if funny how scream i post album albums from 20 years ago yet your screen name is a nane started from a group tgat actually made at least 2 classic albums mobb deep nobody outside of wayne fans thinks the carter one is classic,
  • damobb2deep
    lol you missed my point... smh...

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    This was hard. This ? hit my city sooooooooo hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gpJwivcvtY#
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This my Favorite Wayne song of all time though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnRxyl4vj0g

I gotta bring the hood back after Katrina

? was sooo special to my city. I remember everything when i first heard.
  • Bcotton5
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    This was hard. This ? hit my city sooooooooo hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gpJwivcvtY#

straight classic

• Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my own and who wanna still gives me chills!!!! And BM jr....my fav wayne album..behind lights out (yeah it just my personal opion)
  • Bcotton5
    On my own and who wanna still gives me chills!!!! And BM jr....my fav wayne album..behind lights out (yeah it just my personal opion)

Same here