Employment History Verification.

Options
Paul Hate.
Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
How deep do those background checks really go?First time a company (verizon) asks me for my w2's and paystubs.Im not lying but I dont feel comfortable giving em out.

They said I can referance my supervisors past for present for verification.But does that make you look suspicious and can they verify anyways?

Comments

• longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I stay lying on my reference checks. I use my friends as my managers all the damn time. ? I look like being honest.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol...but what type of gig do you have now?Most places Ive worked at I know for a fact never called just checked my ? and my criminal record.
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I applied for a job once and the background check company actually called me and asked my permission to call my present employer and he said he had already verified my past employers. So sometimes they do check that ? out.
  • vitoria
    vitoria Members Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    For my experience depending on the pay is how far they will go in eg 25k/yr - 34k/yr = criminal background
    35k/yr - 40k/ye = criminal background and job references, anymore then that involves both plus schooling...
  • Boricua Ma
    Boricua Ma Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Options
    I've been a director of HR for 9 yrs what can be requested for hire has changed. Background cks generally go back 7 years for employment crimal and credit ck.. education is tracked from the date and institution u listed..2 request a credit ck u have 2 submit the persons job description based on that federal guidelines it may not be granted. Employers generally will only release date of hire and term and salary to avoid a potential filling against them. ck with your previous employers to see what their policy is for release of information. the company might be asking u for w2s and taxes to avoid having 2 pay for employment verification and they might be trying 2 wk around the nee federal guidelines