Mr. Rich Pryor
Mr. Rich Pryor Members Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
mj-laughing1.gif
at these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9aoSqA60Io
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myce9ku-bHA

ba01aee3_kobe-laugh.gif
@ Sting (4:55) phoning it in to the max and getting the name of his move wrong
@ Goldberg (4:47) acting like it's a public service video with the head coming up and "Goldberg here"
@ Nash (3:41) being like real life and not wanting to do any work whatsoever
@ Piper (4:33) being the only one to come out of the WCW video with any credit
@ Luger (2:30) looking like Earthworm Jim
@ Bulldog (2:16 onwards) and Faarooq (8:10 onwards) not even bothering to look away from the cuecards for a second
@ Ahmed Johnson (9:50 onwards) being totally incomprehensible
Goldust's promos (12:09 onwards) though, total mindfuck wit "you failed to guard the back door" Just_Gonna_Do_Me_Like_That.gif

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    I remember renting that game (Thunder) and that feature being the only highlight of the whole thing. It was like WCW Nitro (the game) on ? . Both were horrible. Outside of the Smackdown games and maybe War Zone/Attitude for their pioneering there really weren't any decent playstation wrestling games. It sucked for someone like me who didn't have an N64. N64 owners got all the real dope ? .
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that Thunder game, that ? was garbage as ? .
  • Broddie
    edited July 2014
    17 years later and this ? still puts me in tears cause of my nonstop laughter. Especially the second and last ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNuz1sO8hss
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    17 years later and this ? still puts me in tears cause of my nonstop laughter. Especially the second and last ones.

he prolly got hurt after those takes
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    The Disciple obviously got his promo skills from Hogan

SN: The War Zone theme is GOAT
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? . I watched the War Zone joints first. Man that was a throwback.

Bret, Mankind and Goldust were awesome. They were like real TV promos. They were real natural with the words they used and their mannerisms. Goldust and Foley are geniuses, I totally forgot how awesome those characters were back then and they played them to perfection.

Undertaker, HBK, Owen and Austin were good too. They were kinda natural and the scripts worked well with their characters.

Ahmed, Bulldog and Faarooq were Horrible. Man I can't believe Faarooq was so bad, dude just read the cue cards (awfully at that) and added nothing to the promo at all. Bulldog and Ahmed barely spoke English.

The head bangers were trash too. One of them was talkig about wearing skirts and ? which had nothing to do with the match lol

HHH was wildly mediocre, dude added nothing but just said his lines. Shamrock was meh, he was straight to the point and didn't have to say much.

Finna watch the Thunder ones now, I didn't have that game so I'm finna be seeing these for the first time.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL some of those were awesome.

Bret was great, Piper was amazing. Hennig and Savage were really good too.

I thought Nash was creative at least.

Most of the others were just trash, Sting was terrible but te worst by far was Crush (forgot his name in WCW) he was soooo bad.
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing appealing about that thunder game came when it came out was the roster.

Early ps1 wrestling games were trashed compared to N64 with No mercy and WCW/nWo Revenge. Thank ? smackdown came along!

Now them throwback Wrestlemania joints used to go in, Felt like NBA Jamz wrestling style with how you would fly off the turnbuckle
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »

He was Scott Steiner before Steiner
  • Broddie
    edited July 2014
    I'm sorry but The Undertaker's War Zone rants are ? awful. I remember we used to mock them back in high school as well as the grunts he used to make when you used to strike him in the game ("ah, ooh, ah"). HBK was saying some cornball ? too.
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ps1 never started this quick. ? that war zone vid for that...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    I still have WWF Warzone