A Warning: The Parable of the Ten Virgins

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
"Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins, who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Those who were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them,
but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
While the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
And at midnight a cry was heard,
Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’
Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
And the foolish said unto the wise,
‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are gone out.’
But the wise answered, saying,
‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you;
but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’
And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came,
and they that were ready went in with him to the wedding;
and the door was shut.
Afterward the other virgins came also saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us.’
But he answered and said, ‘Verily I say to you, I do not know you.
"Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour
in which the Son of man is coming."
(Matt 25:1-13)

- The bridegroom in this parable/prophecy represents Jesus the Messiah
- The 10 virgins represent those who call themselves Christians (believers in the Messiah)
- The oil represents the Holy Spirit. ? promises the Holy Spirit to all who sincerely believe

The rapture is coming. How much oil do you have?

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If its going down it needs to hurry, at least then I'd know the truth.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If its going down it needs to hurry, at least then I'd know the truth.

So when it does happen, and you're left behind what will you do?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited May 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    So when it does happen, and you're left behind what will you do?

I think its obvious i go to hell is it not? lol
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think its obvious i go to hell is it not? lol

Well, don't you get another chance to repent? What if you refuse the mark of the beast, it took THIS coming of Christ to open you eyes, then you fall onto your knees knowing now that everything you thought was wrong is right. What if you then dedicate your life to Jesus, is it too late?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well, don't you get another chance to repent? What if you refuse the mark of the beast, it took THIS coming of Christ to open you eyes, then you fall onto your knees knowing now that everything you thought was wrong is right. What if you then dedicate your life to Jesus, is it too late?

I have no idea, I was always taught the second coming was it, if you hadn't repented by then its over for you. If I was given the chance to repent though I'd be good I guess considering that there would be enough proof at that time to make me think oh ? the bible is right. Id still have some ? to pick with them if it was real though, they want answers from me and I want answers from them.
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have no idea, I was always taught the second coming was it, if you hadn't repented by then its over for you. If I was given the chance to repent though I'd be good I guess considering that there would be enough proof at that time to make me think oh ? the bible is right. Id still have some ? to pick with them if it was real though, they want answers from me and I want answers from them.

I was always told that during this "tribulation" you have your chance to repent. *shrugs* I dunno but that's what I've been always told, that there will be people in which it will take an event like this for them to really realize the situation and how real it is.

I mean, you gotta think though, there will be people that do this. If ? was to say, "Nope, you're silly, your chance is over", that's BS because that isn't supposed to be the way ? works.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I was always told that during this "tribulation" you have your chance to repent. *shrugs* I dunno but that's what I've been always told, that there will be people in which it will take an event like this for them to really realize the situation and how real it is.

I mean, you gotta think though, there will be people that do this. If ? was to say, "Nope, you're silly, your chance is over", that's BS because that isn't supposed to be the way ? works.

He's also against killing but he does that on a large scale bases until people started complaining then Jesus came and made the bible a little more peaceful. I think its funny though how churches continually teach different opinions on things though. Im 100% sure in my mind if ? is real he aint the biblical one but it'd be nice if you were right, it be useless for me to keep living life good when I could easily have a much better life doing bad and in the end still be ? out of luck.