Falling Skies got another season? wtf

Options
Ickshonpay
Ickshonpay Members Posts: 262
edited February 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Gotdayum, this ? was ass.

Oh well, guess it's because of the initial ratings it got due to Steven Spielberg producing it.

Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man you tripping that was a good serious the effects were the worst part but it was some good acting on there
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Solid show. Only reason I watched it because the entire season was on demand. Don't know if I'd wait week to week for it though. It may catch a DVR spot.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pfft... i was done with that ? after the 2nd episode. i thought it got cancelled
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree it was a solid show, nothing spectacular but enough to keep me watching through-out the season. The show got good ratings, so it was no surprise it got renewed.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That show sucks. I watched it every week with my wife, but the characters and story are just ass. The last episode summed it up perfectly. This history professor, picks up a rocket launcher for the first time ever and knocks a alien space ship out of the air as easily as if he was shooting a BB gun at a balloon.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't know season 4 started it's already like 4 episode in
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I couldn't even get last the first episode
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Definitely struggle watching this season. Just don't care what's happening at this point.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taken was way better than this ? .
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this season has been wack so far. Tom is like Batman or some ? . He's a history teacher that knows how to do everything and gives historical speeches and ? . Dude shut the ? up with that Abraham Lincoln ? , we're dealing with aliens. This show can be much better if they toned down the Tom and his family stroke fest and brought some of the other characters into the mix. Pope and Weaver are always better on screen imo
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The effects are trash
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    this season has been wack so far. Tom is like Batman or some ? . He's a history teacher that knows how to do everything and gives historical speeches and ? . Dude shut the ? up with that Abraham Lincoln ? , we're dealing with aliens. This show can be much better if they toned down the Tom and his family stroke fest and brought some of the other characters into the mix. Pope and Weaver are always better on screen imo

LOL Tom and his family were annoying since season 1 when they were literally risking the whole group for one or two people. Or when that dude was picking up rocket launchers and shooting with pinpoint accuracy his first time seeing one.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL Tom and his family were annoying since season 1 when they were literally risking the whole group for one or two people. Or when that dude was picking up rocket launchers and shooting with pinpoint accuracy his first time seeing one.

hahaha, yeah you're right about that. It's as though they don't even know where to go with the story. Going by the start of this season, I'm not sure why the last season even existed. What was the point of introducing the Volm? They've literally done nothing. Ok, they seemed to be worse than the Espheni, but then they just leave the planet in control of the Espheni? wtf??? Now there's supposed to be a new threat coming. So far this is just some sort of Mason fanfiction
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried to get into this show ( only because moon was on the show) but even she couldn't keep me watching
  • Nastynate1219
    Nastynate1219 Members Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just like the guns and ? they use
    but the show is good but I dont think it will last long
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

well stated.. i recently went back and rewatched the first 3 seasons.. IMO this season is shaping up to be the worst one.. (only saw the first 2 episodes) cant remember her name but Tom's daughter and their "safe place"their in with ol girl being praised like a priest.. im like foh with this hippy ? .. the worlds been evaded by aliens for like 2 years now. and all of sudden this garden of eden ? pops up..and these idiots just chilling gun free like ? aint gon hit the fan eventually...

i agree with you 100% with your entire post but the bolded.. truth.com the show got alot of potential and could be great, but its too much Tom ( his family & his family drama.. how Moon go from doctor to superthug???) and not enough trill ? popping.. i remember a thread about this show in the past and someone put the show is written by a woman.. if thats true, doesnt surprise me a bit.
  • JusDre313
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    The effects are trash

they are pretty ? .. compared to a show like the walking dead.. but i know fallin skies aint nowhere as popular and damn sure dont have the budget WD does.. but still graphics can be bad at times
  • JusDre313
    Options
    and last thing... the cat who plays Ben... is one of the worst actors i have saw.. like i said i just watched the first 3 seasons.. and i watching them and thinking this dude is just a terrible actor.. like ? terrible. first i thought maybe they want him to act that way because he has spikes (and that other black kid Ricky was kinda spaced out too) but naw im convinced that dude is just terrible.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How Ben gonna take down his brother girl tho lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I said it before, and I know it sounds sexist, but I think the show is the way it is because the source material was written by a woman. It's just something that's common with female writing. They tend to put more emphasis on personality development and interpersonal relationships between characters than the actual logic behind the plot. This show revolves around Tom and his love for his family, which in itself is not a bad thing. The problem comes in the fact that it is push to the extent that everything takes a backseat which is ridiculous when you're dealing with an "end of the world" scenario.