Thoughts on KENTA being signed to the wwe?

Options
2»

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WWE, as big as it is, shouldn't have one face of the company, it should be at least 10 guys that can make the face of the company..

This idea that "the one" is the answer is wack..
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Scandal? Lol the black bed ? for a white man is not a stereotype?

When did I say that it wasn’t? My point is that you still have a black woman leading a hit prime time network tv show. It’s not like there haven’t been white wenches for white men on TV hundreds of times before.14 years ago it would’ve been a white actress in that role. A minority woman headlining an emmy nominated hit show is progress.
    Django Unchained, The Help, The Butler, 12 Years A Slave these are progressive? I could have sworn we had movies like those in those in the1970s.

For every one of those there are 4+ movies that challenge racial or gender stereotypes. The American film and TV industry is more progressive than WWE. We’ve had stuff like Haywire, Goodbye Solo, Fruitvale Station, Million Dollar Baby, Brokeback Mountain, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Dallas Buyers Club, Crash etc. come from that industry in the last 10 years. In the last decade there has been a balance with American movies.
    Fruitvale Station isn't exactly a big budget movie now is it? Neither was Blue Caprice but...

Where is the balance in WWE? Is it with Alberto Del Rio playing a typical 80’s telenovela villain? Or is it with Primo and Epico being Matadors? Paige gets the championship and gets no real built. Where’s the equality on Raw or Smackdown?[/quote]
    ADR isn't playing a character based on his nationality. He played a character that was along the same lines as JBL and Ted DiBiase.

The reason epico and primo are matadors are because they couldn't get over before. You barked up the wrong tree with Latinos because if there are any minorities WWE has pushed it was Latinos.

Women being prominently featured more on television is a good point but WWE gave the women their own show, which they promote religiously and even attempt to build storylines from and for, the basic fact is nobody cares.
    Nobody cares because it caters to an audience outside of the ones who watch the wrestling product. If they actually gave them storylines that were relevant to Raw and Smackdown and built up their characters by you know actually presenting them in competition and being athletes on the shows the wrestling fans watch maybe people would actually give a ? .
    Okay well explain why there isn't any other women's promotion on national TV? If things are so progressive then obviously that would be the case eh?

And like I said they have tried making storyline based around Total Divas
    I do find it interesting that you talk about a transgendered person winning an Emmy when just a few weeks ago you were complaining that Adam Rose was "too feminine" or lightweight ? or some ? , which to be honest isn't far from what I think but I don't hate the gimmick because it's faggy, I don't like it because it's a stupid gimmick altogether.
    Apples and oranges.

I’m pointing out progress in mainstream pop culture by pointing out an emmy nomination. I don’t give a ? what people identify as be who you are. The difference between that and Adam Rose is that Adam Rose is on a TV show where men are supposed to be competing in sports competition grabbing their butts and openly flirting with them.
    And yet Brokeback mountain is one of your examples of progressive cinema? Where two tough guy cowboys are in a relationship? Smh
    Adam Rose has actually even offended ? people and who could blame them for being offended. There's not more room for the whole "It’s every bad ? stereotype on blatant display. It sticks out like a sore thumb on the show. If WWE were really progressive they’d book their openly ? wrestler Darren Young on his own merits and give him AR’s TV time. That’s certainly more realistic and relatable to straight and ? people alike. Characters like Adam Rose are regressive not progressive.
    Adam Rose isn't explicitly ? and they don't promote him as a ? character. If they had actually tried to push him as a homosexual character then you would have a point.

Besides as far as women's rights goes WWE had a woman actually beating men in the ring 15 years ago, you talk about transgendered rights? Goldust debuted in 1995! Just because that ? doesn't go on today doesn't mean it never took place.
    15 years ago and 19 years ago is not today. Sorry but that’s just how it is. We’re talking about 2 to 3 new generations since that point in the world today.
    They have been ahead of the curve, doing this type of stuff long before society was ready that's the point.

WWE HAD real women wrestlers from 1993-1995 and nobody have a damn until they started getting naked and doing playboy covers.
    People did give a damn. Bull Nakano Vs. Alundra Blayze at Summerslam is still considered a GOAT match from that era by WWF fans. Maybe not WWE fans but that’s because a lot of them are 12 years old and didn’t grow up in that era. But anybody that knows their WWF history would know what that is about. Today however Vince would not allow women to steal the show on that level ever again. That’s my point. It’s regressive not progressive behavior.
    Who the hell says Alundra Blayze vs Bull Nakano is a classic??

Like I said the women didnt get much attention until they started getting naked.
    How many black action stars do you have in Hollywood? Rock and who else?
    Today?

Denzel Washington and Will Smith, Sam Jackson, Michael Jai White. In the past? Wesley, Richard Roundtree, Sidney Poiteir. There are a lot of young black actors too getting shot in headlining action and sci-fi today like Michael B. Jordan with Creed and Fantastic Four. I don’t see any black man, Asian man or even another latino (Del Rio won’t be main event level ever again) or other minority reigning as WWE champ anytime soon. OK I’ll say that I guess the Samoan/Italian dude counts but aside from that it will be a while before you see anyone else.
    I would hardly call Denzel or Sam Jackson "action stars" as it belittles all the other great movies they did, but I'll give you Denzel but Sam Jackson will do a movie about laundry detergent just to do it so he doesn't count.

Michael Jai White isn't even a "star" dude basically does B Movies and Michael B Jordan was in one action movie and hes an action star? The bar must be really low. I'm surprised you didn't say Tyler Perry. [/quote]

Word whoever said Michael Jai White is a star is lying. He's a great B Movie star though. Anyway, I don't ever see WWE Having a Black champion. Atleast TNA did it first and again when having Killings as NWA TNA champ and Lashley as TNA Heavyweight Champ.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Word whoever said Michael Jai White is a star is lying. He's a great B Movie star though. Anyway, I don't ever see WWE Having a Black champion. Atleast TNA did it first and again when having Killings as NWA TNA champ and Lashley as TNA Heavyweight Champ.

Michael Jai White is not an action star? he is not known for starring in action movies?

Once again the dude said "action star" not "box office star" they're not interchangeable.

• TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    What about Kenzo Suzuki tho
    image-26055.jpg
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options

Michael Jai White is not an action star? he is not known for starring in action movies?

Once again the dude said "action star" not "box office star" they're not interchangeable.

Dude is a B Action Movie draw at best. I love his films no doubt, but let's not act like he's Vin Diesel or some ? . Plus some dude put him in the same category as Denzel and Will Smith.
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    image-26055.jpg

He was a JOKE in WWE. The dude who was used kinda in the best way was Tajiri.
  • Broddie
    edited July 2014
    Options

Dude is a B Action Movie draw at best. I love his films no doubt, but let's not act like he's Vin Diesel or some ? . Plus some dude put him in the same category as Denzel and Will Smith.

mic-cronin-facepalm.jpg

I'm gonna stop derailing this thread with this after this post but please actually re-READ what you're commenting on before commenting on it. At least give me that courtesy of actually understanding what I typed before commenting on it. Nobody mentioned anything about "draw".

"black action star" does not = "box office star"

If we're talking about the biggest movie star in the world here it's not even a black man it's a white one (RDJ). That's not what "Michael Jai White" was in response to. It was in response to "name black action movie stars besides The Rock".

Once again 85% of The Rock's resume is B movies and just like Michael Jai White has straight to DVD releases so does The Rock. That has nothing to do with them being "action stars". Action stars mean that they have starred in numerous ACTION movies.
  • Broddie
    edited July 2014
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    WWE, as big as it is, shouldn't have one face of the company, it should be at least 10 guys that can make the face of the company..

This idea that "the one" is the answer is wack..

That's a whole other conversation but yeah pretty much. They need to have a handful of stars in order to keep things flowing. Just like machines need numerous gears to function properly. That's how they've managed to stay relevant during their best periods.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

TonyDubbz wrote: »
    image-26055.jpg

He was a JOKE in WWE. The dude who was used kinda in the best way was Tajiri.

Yea I forgot about Tajiri, they used him the way that they were suppose to gave him that Cruiserweight title