Why WWE Network Needs More Content

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was thinking this while listening to Paul talk about content on ECW..
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I wish they had Smokey Mountain wrestling footage on the network
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get it but it's strange that people are complaining about there not being enough content as if they have and are going to watch everything they got up.

They have a shitload of stuff already up there and they still have old WWF, WCW/NWA, WCCW, AWA, Mid-South etc to put up, I mean ? it's been less than 6 months chill the ? out.

Folks talking like this thing been up 10 years.

If anything they need to focus on bringing in NEW content. They need better original programming, old wrestling events are fun and all but it's reliving moments.

I wish I was in position to pitch ideas for new shows. They have a lot of behind the scenes stuff before PPVs (like the footage before WM IX they put on the Wrestlemania DVD) that stuff is interesting. Add the movies from WWE films, do so controversial shows like investigating wrestler deaths or something you know?

So I get it, In all honesty the network is great but as usual great isn't good enough for the wrestling fan. "I'm gonna cancel my subscription if they don't add more episodes of Velocity"-ass ? .

Let the ? cook, if you not subscribing then cool and if you not gonna reup that's fine too but to have all this at your fingertips for $10 a month is a steal. Last year they asked 5xs as much for B-PPVs.
  • jono
    Options
    I wish they had Smokey Mountain wrestling footage on the network

I don't think they own SMW footage, Cornette probably still has it. I'm sure they could buy it or try to but he'd never sell because he makes money selling DVDs.

I wonder if they are going to try to consolidate the AWA, WCCW and USWA footage by buying the scattered libraries.
  • jono
    Options
    Wow they own the SMW stuff? Damn I didn't know that.

WWE biggest issue is that they are their own content provider. They need to find other avenues of getting content and let other people make you money.

They have such a great opportunity to be a central hub for all wrestling. Imagine if WWE gave New Japan, AAA, CMLL etc shows on the network. That would be amazing, but they would never do It.
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Wow they own the SMW stuff? Damn I didn't know that.

WWE biggest issue is that they are their own content provider. They need to find other avenues of getting content and let other people make you money.

They have such a great opportunity to be a central hub for all wrestling. Imagine if WWE gave New Japan, AAA, CMLL etc shows on the network. That would be amazing, but they would never do It.

That's what I was thinking about make it wrestling network through and through. Give a platform for everybody ? would be goat

• sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    This is exactly why every time I hear someone say "WWE Network is GOAT" I scratch my head. What makes it goat exactly? Is goat because Micheal Cole told you so 15-20 times during RAW? Is it goat because you're paying for it and now feel obligated to enjoy it? Seriously, what does WWE Network offer that can't be found for 100% free on the Internet/YouTube or that's even worth watching period?