Cheap Seats Top 10 Players of All Time (The NBA Edition) #5 Player in NBA History

Options
2»

Comments

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    blu197 wrote: »
    That big 3 talk hurts your argument, everyone teaming together shows the lack of real leaders and if most of the stars are on a few teams how does that make the league as a whole more deep when about only 4 teams are real contenders? And in today's game you don't need a big 3 "to be competitive" who won the title in 2011? And even when the Lakers won in 09-10 Gasol was the only other All-Star besides Kobe....

And how wasn't there players like AD when there were guys like C-Webb and Sheed better than him and the greatest athlete to ever play PF (Malone) was active?... And for Russ,Rose and KD you can give me Penny,Payton and Drexler and have possibly more OVERALL talent

How does the big 3 hurt my argument? Tim Duncan and Tony Parker aren't good leaders? CP3 isn't a good leader? Lebron? Kobe? most our current stars are on the same team but that's only because there are more star players now then there were 20 Years ago. Teams 1-8 I'm the west can potentially reach the finals and in the east there are 2 or 3 contenders so yea there parody. All due respect to C Webb..Rasheed.. Penny and Payton but those guys weren't freaks of nature like Westbrook Rose AD Durant and Lebron. Penny was an anomaly where as point guards like Rose Westbrook Wall Bledsoe are starting to become the norm.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    Define "freaks of nature" you're sounding like espn reporters.. To me "freaks of nature" are ppl like Barkley,Rodman,Spud Webb,Ai... players that were doing things that shouldn't have been done with their size not players like KD (dude is a stick figure with a jump shot) and especially not AD..
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    Kd is kinda of a freak of nature.. the fluidity in which he moves/his game is ridiculous for someone his size
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    blu197 wrote: »
    Define "freaks of nature" you're sounding like espn reporters.. To me "freaks of nature" are ppl like Barkley,Rodman,Spud Webb,Ai... players that were doing things that shouldn't have been done with their size not players like KD (dude is a stick figure with a jump shot) and especially not AD..

6'3+ point guards who are explosive ..fast ..quicks ..can handle and sufficiently play the position. Guys the size of AD and Durant should not be able to move the way they move.. these types of players did not exist 20 years ago.. like I said Penny was an anomaly. Lebron was the ultimate freak of nature. Rodman was basically Ben Wallace with a higher motor.. spud was trash.. Webber was athletic but I was more impressed with his skill then athleticism. Barkley was one of a kind no doubt but like I said he dominated in a weaker era and AI wasn't exactly a freak of nature.. he was just a really good scorer with great handle. They way players are built these days is like nothing I've ever seen. For you to say KD is nothing more then a stick figure with a jump shot is blatant ignorance but I can see your trying to win this debate by any means so ill give it a pass. The league has evolved over time as all things do and the game has been taken to another level both athletically and competitively. If you disagree cool I respect your opinion but ima have to keep it moving to the next thread.. its looking like this one is a wrap.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Larry Bird
    Bird esp considering the era he played in and comp was GOAT. Those 76ers and Piston teams were stacked. Then Jordan was Jordan carrying his team single handledly.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    Man the disrespect for past NBA players of exceptional athleticism like Wilt, Dr. J, Darryl Dawkins, Shawn Kemp, Grant Hill, Skywalker Thompson, Wilkens, etc is preposterous
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Duncan
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Can't vote for ? I ain't see play

? that.

I didn't see Wilt or Russell play (and didn't see much of Kareem), but I know for sure they are all elite (and kareem is the GOAT)
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    Man the disrespect for past NBA players of exceptional athleticism like Wilt, Dr. J, Darryl Dawkins, Shawn Kemp, Grant Hill, Skywalker Thompson, Wilkens, etc is preposterous

You can Hondo to that list, he was drafted by the Cleveland Browns even though he didn't play football in college
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilt Chamberlain
    I'm kind of disgusted y'all voted Kobe #5. Personally to me he is fighting with Lebron for the 9/10 spot.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    Parallel wrote: »

*sees you selected Kobe Bryant*

Uh huh...

I'm just referring to all this talk that players in the past were some terribly slow uncoordinated can't jump or run ass ?