is drake gonna be the 1st.......

Options
prada_g24
prada_g24 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Reason
to get outshined by every feature on his album?

jay
jeezy
alicia keys(hook)
wayne
kanye west(producer)

Comments

• koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited May 2010
    Options
    prada_g24 wrote: »

jay
    jeezy
    alicia keys(hook)

wayne
    kanye west(producer)

He was not outshined by bolded so no he wont be the first
  • paper_boy
    paper_boy Members Posts: 165
    edited May 2010
    Options
    comon ni99a only jay did
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    He was not outshined by bolded so no he wont be the first

I think Alicia did cuz her hook saved the song
    It's hard not to outshine jeezy so that's not a positive
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Am I the only person that thinks Jayz didn't outshine him on light up,Jay verse was ok
  • a posting ape
    a posting ape Members Posts: 335
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think Alicia did cuz her hook saved the song
    It's hard not to outshine jeezy so that's not a positive

? that, jeezys verse was real spit. thats the only drake song i got on my ipod, 'cause of that verse
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Jeezy & AK didnt get him
  • da champ
    da champ Members Posts: 1,091
    edited June 2010
    Options

jay
    jeezy
    alicia keys(hook)
    wayne
    kanye west(producer)

Well, there was only one feature on Blueprint. You already know...
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Only one who got him was Jay. Alicia's chorus is subpar, I don't know why he wasted all her talent for a chrorus he could've done himself. The chorus for "Fireworks" is ? tacky. Wayne's verse on "Miss me" is atrocious, I don't know wtf Drake was thinking letting that ? go down. Sometimes Wayne is witty, and sometimes he just says stuff to say it and te latter is what was going down. Jeezy was good, but when we say Jeezy was good, we mean "good for Jeezy." It's one of the best verses Jeezy has ever spit, but it's still a Jeezy verse and dude doesn't hold a candle to Drake.
  • prada_g24
    edited June 2010
    Options
    da champ wrote: »
    Well, there was only one feature on Blueprint. You already know...

LOL true em did his thing.

i guess it feels like drake was so ? bland like he showcased all his flows and subject matter on mixtapes now he has nothing left. i think the only reason i liked fireworks is for the hook, jeezy had the better verse imo(sounds like i heard that verse from drake before, he's getting redundant) i pushed it with wayne that verse was wack juice. and find youre love sounds like a throwaway from 808
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Only one who got him was Jay. Alicia's chorus is subpar, I don't know why he wasted all her talent for a chrorus he could've done himself. The chorus for "Fireworks" is ? tacky. Wayne's verse on "Miss me" is atrocious, I don't know wtf Drake was thinking letting that ? go down. Sometimes Wayne is witty, and sometimes he just says stuff to say it and te latter is what was going down. Jeezy was good, but when we say Jeezy was good, we mean "good for Jeezy." It's one of the best verses Jeezy has ever spit, but it's still a Jeezy verse and dude doesn't hold a candle to Drake.

? Wayne got off on Miss Me, he was going in
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What about 2001? Either the features outshined Dre or his ghostwriters did, haha
  • prada_g24
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What about 2001? Either the features outshined Dre or his ghostwriters did, haha

lmfao but we all knew dre wasnt a lyrical wordsmith drake is the next big thing(supposedly)
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Never heard any of these songs, don't care for the yellow ? or his music but if that's true he's not the first to get murked by his guest features....you forgot Game. That name-dropping buffoon stay getting murked by his guest features.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL true em did his thing.

i guess it feels like drake was so ? bland like he showcased all his flows and subject matter on mixtapes now he has nothing left. i think the only reason i liked fireworks is for the hook, jeezy had the better verse imo(sounds like i heard that verse from drake before, he's getting redundant) i pushed it with wayne that verse was wack juice. and find youre love sounds like a throwaway from 808

Im glad Im not the only person who thinks Find Your Love sounds like an 808 throwaway beat from Kanye...oddly enough though I still like the song
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Why is a bad thing to get outshine by jay-z on your first album? Thats like a number one draft pick steppin on the court with Jordan and ? being like damn how get done in by mj in first game?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It kills me when ? act like hov is trash, best in the game and only other people really on his level now is nas face and eminem. I would have no problem getting outshined by any of them on my debut album, Id just be happy they were apart of it........which is why im pretty sure drake doesnt lose sleep over topics like this