in their prime who would you rather have on your team: Brian Dawkins or Troy Polamalu

Options
2»

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy Polamalu
    Say What wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Troy is a free bird in their system but is a liability in coverage. I think BD can play on more teams

Top 3 pass defense when he's on the field middle of the pack when he's not.

He places himself in good positions to make tackles/sacks. When he has to defend a receiver one on one he is less than average. That"s why he doesn't do it much. Troy needs room to roam he doesn't fit in everyone's scheme

Which safety out there is playing man coverage?

And please don't say E. Thomas

The whole thing is that isn't where he is making his money. He is a hybrid. Most of the league can cover better than him but the all can't do what he can. Thats why i will take Dawkins because he can do both

I seen a safety lock nobody up man to man.

They play safety for a reason. Most defensive coordinators would never put their safety In man to man not even 40% of the time.

So who isotherm great safety's that locking down elite playmakers?
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy Polamalu
    Cowboys fan here so I hate both teams on the trill. But gotta ride with Polamalu. He was a beast. Would have loved 2 see him with a star on his helmet. N/H
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so no vids?

scust
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow....they dont have similar games. Dawkins covered way more ground and was a FS. Troy is a basic in the box SS..dawkins could have easily done what troy does but thats not what his job was. Troy cant play center field FS though
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brian Dawkins
    Troy is a free bird in their system but is a liability in coverage. I think BD can play on more teams

Top 3 pass defense when he's on the field middle of the pack when he's not.

He places himself in good positions to make tackles/sacks. When he has to defend a receiver one on one he is less than average. That"s why he doesn't do it much. Troy needs room to roam he doesn't fit in everyone's scheme

Which safety out there is playing man coverage?

And please don't say E. Thomas

The whole thing is that isn't where he is making his money. He is a hybrid. Most of the league can cover better than him but the all can't do what he can. Thats why i will take Dawkins because he can do both

I seen a safety lock nobody up man to man.

They play safety for a reason. Most defensive coordinators would never put their safety In man to man not even 40% of the time.

So who isotherm great safety's that locking down elite playmakers?

He can't lock down possession receivers. Of course they are not they are not as good as corners but but he is not good as most safeties.It is a pert of their job to grab the person out the backfield or an extra receiver. I only can think of a few off the top that are better in coverage
    Berry/KC
    Woodson better in coverage but he played cb
    Bush/NO
    McCourty/NE
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy Polamalu
    Lol.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy Polamalu
    Troy...more of a ballhwk and made bigger plays
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy and it's not even close. He's THE total package as a safety. You can only compare him to Reed