James Jamerson (Motown) appreciation thread

white715
white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
One of the most soulful musicians to ever live. Changed the way people played the bass and played on countless motown hits.

Comments

• still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Wasn't he playing bass on MJ's "wanne be where you are"???
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited June 2010
    dude is definitely one of the most influential bassists of all time, to think that he played all those classics with one finger is amazing i struggle with getting the same delivery and timing with two! never be another one, if you get a chance check out "in the shadows of motown" it's a great movie about the funk brothers and them never getting the recognition they deserved even though they've played on more #1 hits than ANYBODY
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    dude is definitely one of the most influential bassists of all time, to think that he played all those classics with one finger is amazing i struggle with getting the same delivery and timing with two! never be another one, if you get a chance check out "in the shadows of motown" it's a great movie about the funk brothers and them never getting the recognition they deserved even though they've played on more #1 hits than ANYBODY

Yea thats my joint thats actually how Ifound out about The Funk brothers. I'm actually looking to learn how to play the bass can you recommend a good beginner bassfor me?