So how yall feel about TNA developing an all BLACK Stable? (New M.L.K. titantron inside)

Options
2»

Comments

• mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I went online and found a promo they did on 5/22, then beat down some rag team called the wolves.

I see the Evolution reference, especially with MVP as the mouthpiece, Kenny King as their Orton and Lashley as their monster (that spear was hilarious)

I get nWo from the takeover aspect, but I don't see much NOD there. Either or, not bad.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Their promos be on point cuz of MVP. I swear Lashley s spear is as good or better than Roman Reigns the way ? be selling it. He literally runs right over them n continues running into the ropes unintentionally it seems

I need to tumblr a gif from the one last night.
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options
    That spear was vicious, but to answer the question of the thread, I like what I saw, I love that they had their own personalities and styles, that they could be a force if TNA gives them a chance. MVP needs to do most of the talking (for a big guy, Lashley has always sounded like a 8 year old girl).
  • CSOPQ
    CSOPQ Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    Yeah i like this idea. on a personal level i'd like to see a returning pope or monty brown if he's still in good shape
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    CSOPQ wrote: »
    Yeah i like this idea. on a personal level i'd like to see a returning pope or monty brown if he's still in good shape

I got a feeling both are done with wrestling forever.

Someday wrestling will learn like any other great sport, pushing a great talent of color, only advances things. Not only in sports but in every facet of life.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big ups to TNA for putting the belt on a National Collegiate Wrestling Champion who have the tools as a wrestler and MMA fighter, reminds me of the golden era when amateur wrestling background was a must to be a champion.

With the possible signing of Ezekiel Jackson also he would be a great addition to MVP stable
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Bumping for relevance
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I never asked for a black stable. I'm not one of those "I need to see people of color to relate to the program or get drawn into the show" type. Frankly I don't really like stables in general but in TNA especially. It only ends up helping out one character (i.e. Aces & Eights, LAX, Immortal) and leaves the others in limbo once the stable is done. I prefer focusing on building up individual characters instead so that those individual characters could become strong enough to help sustain the show when needed. That's what any good television does.

I bother watching because there are other things on the program that appeal to me outside of MVP vs. the world. Though admittedly I haven't watched the last couple of shows.

Hopefully you're not asking for one in the WwE thread either. Jussayin.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I never asked for a black stable. I'm not one of those "I need to see people of color to relate to the program or get drawn into the show" type. Frankly I don't really like stables in general but in TNA especially. It only ends up helping out one character (i.e. Aces & Eights, LAX, Immortal) and leaves the others in limbo once the stable is done. I prefer focusing on building up individual characters instead so that those individual characters could become strong enough to help sustain the show when needed. That's what any good television does.

I bother watching because there are other things on the program that appeal to me outside of MVP vs. the world. Though admittedly I haven't watched the last couple of shows.

What? why is everything always a black and white WWE or TNA thing with you? newsflash: no idea's original.

I stand by my convictions I don't need that to enjoy any wrestling period. I'm not insecure enough to only care about anything based on race and culture implementation alone. I could relate to people who don't look or live like me as well. It's really not hard.

With that said the only segment I didn't fast forward through on Raw was the Brock Lesnar thing. I ignored everything else including Xavier Woods supposed revelation. Cause I don't care. WWE holds no real appeal to me at all and I only DVR'd Raw because I rightly assumed that Brock would show up. However if WWE fans could get better storytelling out of it why is it such a bad thing that they're doing their own version of it? shouldn't presenting more accessible wrestling be the goal regardless of what companies it's happening in?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

What? why is everything always a black and white WWE or TNA thing with you? newsflash: no idea's original.

I stand by my convictions I don't need that to enjoy any wrestling period. I'm not insecure enough to only care about anything based on race and culture implementation alone. I could relate to people who don't look or live like me as well. It's really not hard.

With that said the only segment I didn't fast forward through on Raw was the Brock Lesnar thing. I ignored everything else including Xavier Woods supposed revelation. Cause I don't care. WWE holds no real appeal to me at all and I only DVR'd Raw because I rightly assumed that Brock would show up. However if WWE fans could get better storytelling out of it why is it such a bad thing that they're doing their own version of it? shouldn't presenting more accessible wrestling be the goal regardless of what companies it's happening in?

Im definitely trolling you.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ummm....Black Excellence?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Ummm....Black Excellence?

(TNA) M.L.K Alliance Custom Titantron 2014: http://youtu.be/BZ2GZfbltGI