Are you where you are in life where you thought you would have been when you were young?

Options
2»

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My roommate is the kind of person that listens to music on phone without headphones.

I haven't made it.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope...not at all...not at 27. In 2010 I was 30+ credits from my bachelor's. I incurred some serious health issues which forced me to withdraw from school & move back home. It took about 18 months for a clean bill of health. After that I was ready to go back, but they BS'd me about paying down student loans that I had put in forbearance. I was also down 15 credits b/c I retroactively dropped the credits I earned the semester before I left b/c I wasn't happy w/ the grades I earned (due to my health).

I'm back at it now though. Im working full time & doing school part time (6 credit hours per semester). It's a slow process but at least I'm making progress. W/ summer school I can finish my bachelor's in about another 1 1/2 years. I thought I'd be working on a Doctorate by now. Sometimes in life ? happens that's just beyond your control.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes and no........

I thought I would've had children and married by now, but I guess the Lord will that that happen when it happens.

Financially, YES! W/ the DOD and I honestly don't know how much I make. I just guesstimate it when pay time comes around. Bout to pay off this house too (try to do it all in cash). Got an education to back that up and both vehicles is paid. When I touch down home, its spending time on the parents. Student loans is done too. BS degree is also done. In a few months is finna be time to start this entrepreneur thing to start saving for retirement. Still giving thanks to the Almighty for everything he's done and gonna do........
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm 26... didn't think I would make it... I achieved my main goal as a kid and that was graduate high school... so yea I am where I would hope 2 be...
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm 34 now. Never thought I'd live to see 26, so its all good.
    I truly, my whole life never had a thought of me being an adult.

Salary wise, I'm well beyond what I thought I'd have at this age, once I entered the workforce.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    ? I just realized what I wanted to do with my life career wise acouple yrs ago. With that being said, Ive made great business moves that would enable me to support my fam, but I always knew that the field I was in wasnt something that I wanted to do for the rest of my life. 2014 has been a great year for me, and if everything goes as planned I should be releasing a short film sometime at the top of next year.

About what?

I have a few ideas for the short film, but I havent started writing it yet. I just finished writing a script for a feature film, which Im gonna hold on to while I make a couple short films. Im somewhat paranoid when it comes to disclosing information about my scripts, but the feature film is a coming of age story, with the main character being somewhat similar to Tom Hagen "the consigliere" in the Godfather or Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad, a guy from the hood who works in the corporate world, but still has ties to criminals.