Haile Selassie, Ras Tafari and Christianity...

2»

Comments

• bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    christ-selassie.jpg?w=450

"The love shown in Christ by our ? to mankind should constrain all of us who are followers and disciples of Christ to do all in our power to see to it that the Message of Salvation is carried to those of our fellows for whom Christ Our Saviour was sacrificed but who have not had the benefit of hearing the good news. Since nobody can interfere in the realm of ? we should tolerate and live side by side with those of other faiths."

H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I
  • BlackCat
    BlackCat Members Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bambu wrote: »
    some_? ! wrote: »
    Aight, I don't believe that Haile Selassie is in any way, shape or form the incarnation of Christ. There is only one Jesus Christ. I actually thought he was Christian because he believed in Christ but to put him in Christ shoes shows that either the Rastafarians are falsely misled by the anti Christ or they mistook the wrong messiah when he never said he was Christ.

And why worship Tafari Mokonnen when they could have worship Ras Mokonnen or any of his other descendants. He created a name for himself calling himself the trinity with Selassie but there's only 1 Messiah that died on the cross for my sins and that's Jesus Christ.

I was just curious as to what this belief is and the women are beautiful.

Haile Selassie I was a Christian and he never claimed to be the Christ.............

The titles were bestowed on him by the Ethiopian church along with "His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings and Elect of ? ," girmawi qedamawi 'atse hayille sillasie, mō'a 'anbassā za'imnaggada yīhūda nigūsa nagast za'ītyōṗṗyā, siyūma 'igzī'a'bihēr).

H.I.M. being "Christ Incarnate" is a simplification of the Biblical prophecies concerning Israel and the Lion of Judah....

I encourage you all to study more......

Haile Selassie I is worthy of worship for having stood with great dignity in front of the world's press and the representatives of many of the world's powerful nations, especially during his appeal to the League of Nations in 1936 when he was still the only independent black monarch in Africa.

From the beginning, the Rastas claimed that their personal loyalty lay with Africa's only black monarch, Haile Selassie I, and that they themselves were free citizens of Ethiopia, loyal to its Emperor, and devoted to its flag representing the Solomonic Dynasty......

he-sits-on-solomons-throne.jpg
    That's some otter ? .
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now common sense tells you....

Read the Book....
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every country has bad bishes
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @some_? !

you should have @'d me, i would have replied sooner

here's one
    garcelle.jpg

@bambu

idk Marcus Garvey def wrote that letter against Haile Selassie, how do we know he and Menelik DIDN"T Say he was Caucasian (although i've never heard an Ethiopian or anyone from the Horn of Africa say they weren't black)
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I had a huge crush on her growing up. Fancy on Jamie Foxx was a bad ? .
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    will be back...
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »

Not Canada.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bambu

idk Marcus Garvey def wrote that letter against Haile Selassie, how do we know he and Menelik DIDN"T Say he was Caucasian (although i've never heard an Ethiopian or anyone from the Horn of Africa say they weren't black)

Haile Selassie I has several reliable sources of quotes about him being African & for African people........

Menelik II kicked the Italians ? .....

Of course there is propaganda about his life and views......

Here are some "from the horses mouth"

I have no intention at all of being an indifferent spectator, if the distant Powers hold the idea of dividing up Africa, Ethiopia having been for the past fourteen centuries, an island of Christianity in a sea of pagans...
    —Menelik II, in a letter to Queen Victoria

Enemies have now come upon us to ruin our country and to change our religion. Our enemies have begun the affair by advancing and digging into the country like moles. With the help of ? I will not deliver my country to them. Today, you who are strong, give me your strength, and you who are weak, help me by prayer.
    —Menelik II, Mobilization Proclamation

Garvey died before the events of WWII began......

He had no understanding of what H.I.M. was up against........

So to him, Selassie I may have seemed like a coward......

However; Only Kings understand each other.......

Garvey would have known this if he was not busy making deals with white supremacists.............

"Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed."

941920_192486100909768_633435230_n.jpg?oh=e097f39e29a2fb0a09505540e49f777b&oe=5436A67A&__gda__=1413760308_c157df352e72290901870b69d1be25dc

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    some_? ! wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »

Not Canada.

We have a lower obesity rate
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know real rastas and they respect him heavy but many don't worship him as good there are different mansions in rastafari.
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HIM being the only black monarch on the world stage at that time was/is a revelation and guiding light to the lost children of the diaspora.

HIM showed us that we are not merely freed slaves but a godly race who could go forth to define themselves and their own futures outside of babylon's influence.