The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the Bulls vs Knicks match ups looking like these last couple years? Let's talk about your team instead of you dickridin the cavs.

Nahmean? Money aggy as fucc cuz the bulls lookin like a title team while his squad hopes to be a 8 seed.Life is Good

i4pf2w.jpg
    This gif usage has effectively ended my day
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    south4life wrote: »
    Billups met with The Cavs, Gawd Damn Cleveland trying to get everybody

Cleveland is going to be such a good regular season team I can't wait

That frontline is suspect and that's with love.You got the bulls winnin the east?

Well yea they arent 6 deep at the 4 and 5 like the Bulls

jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

Aint that many minutes to go around. Yall gon have problems w/ that. Cleveland-

Varajao/Haywood
    Love/Thompson

Bron/Marion (small ball 4)

Only question is Haywood, havent seen him play in a minute. If he is what he used to be thats all they need from him. Most nights they'll play mostly w/ Love at the 5 and Thompson or Bron at the 4. Ngga they good.

So explain the difference between clevelands frontcourt and

Noah/Taj
    Gasol/Taj/Mirotic

Lol @ the bolded that interior defense will be worst than miamis was.You think you know but have no idea what you be talkin about.You're just enamored wit big names like all casual fans are

Well first off the frontcourt includes the 3. And cleveland has that guy. That means "Mcbuckets", who cant play the 4 b/c yall are so deep, will get the 'come sit next to me' treatment vs Cleveland

But lets say if you mean to say the 4/5.

The interior defense, NOT REBOUNDING (there's a difference) may be a problem. Ok, and? Who's out there to capitalize on that? For yall, Gasol somewhat, but Varajao is more than a competent defender. And its not like Gasol is turnin the clock back and goin off. And as far as drives to the bucket, DRose the only guy yall have to do that!

That leaves Noah and Gibson in the post. Umm, ok, since when did they become world beaters on offense. Joel Anthony, Chris Bosh, and Haslem locked them up in 2012 playoffs. Dont make me post them playoff stats for Noah like i did before. Aint nobody worried about Noah and Gibson scoring. Its the rebounding, there's a difference. And Love (12rpg), Varajao (10rpg in 28mpg), and Thompson (9rpg in 31mpg) all board up.

Bulls will not be out rebounded they've been a top 10 rebounding team for the last 4-5 years.Mcbuckets will play the 3 and Jimmy butler will defend lebron.Mcbuckets will defend the mike millers,james jones or tristan thompson he can be hidden on defense so he won't be sitting anywhere.Taj gibson averaged 18 ppg in the playoffs last year including a 32 point game you continue to expose yourself.Pau will eat vs anyone they put on him.Noah has never been a threat offensively in his career he can defend,rebound and pass the ball his intangibles/hustle and ability to defend multiple front court positions is what he does.I didn't even mention the euro

Butttt the Cavs starting 2 guard is Dion Waiters. Soooo Doug McDermott is gonna guard Dion Waiters? Then if he guards the 4, yall have old school 4's so they're gonna be guarding 3's??. Seems like that cross match will ? yall...all just to hide a rookie's defensive woes? Thibs has a track record of being that understanding? Didnt yall ride ? outta town for fukin ? up on D? Huh?

"Nikola's game will translate extremely well because he has inside-outside capability," Blatt said. "He has the size to take advantage of mismatches if he does play as a power forward. He has the speed to dribble around guys. He's a legitimate rebounder and has physical size and presence. He's a very, very tough kid.
    "He was a matchup nightmare
    in Europe. That will be interesting to see, how Tom Thibodeau decides to play him. I can't speak to that piece. But physically and athletically and skills-wise, he can swing between positions and take advantage of mismatches."

6mSMb1q.gif

I seen the tape. Over HERE, in Americaaaa, we speaka the english, and that man is not playin the 3. Get some rest.

dead at the gif
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Billups met with The Cavs, Gawd Damn Cleveland trying to get everybody

Cleveland is going to be such a good regular season team I can't wait

That frontline is suspect and that's with love.You got the bulls winnin the east?

Well yea they arent 6 deep at the 4 and 5 like the Bulls

jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

Aint that many minutes to go around. Yall gon have problems w/ that. Cleveland-

Varajao/Haywood
    Love/Thompson

Bron/Marion (small ball 4)

Only question is Haywood, havent seen him play in a minute. If he is what he used to be thats all they need from him. Most nights they'll play mostly w/ Love at the 5 and Thompson or Bron at the 4. Ngga they good.

So explain the difference between clevelands frontcourt and

Noah/Taj
    Gasol/Taj/Mirotic

Lol @ the bolded that interior defense will be worst than miamis was.You think you know but have no idea what you be talkin about.You're just enamored wit big names like all casual fans are

Well first off the frontcourt includes the 3. And cleveland has that guy. That means "Mcbuckets", who cant play the 4 b/c yall are so deep, will get the 'come sit next to me' treatment vs Cleveland

But lets say if you mean to say the 4/5.

The interior defense, NOT REBOUNDING (there's a difference) may be a problem. Ok, and? Who's out there to capitalize on that? For yall, Gasol somewhat, but Varajao is more than a competent defender. And its not like Gasol is turnin the clock back and goin off. And as far as drives to the bucket, DRose the only guy yall have to do that!

That leaves Noah and Gibson in the post. Umm, ok, since when did they become world beaters on offense. Joel Anthony, Chris Bosh, and Haslem locked them up in 2012 playoffs. Dont make me post them playoff stats for Noah like i did before. Aint nobody worried about Noah and Gibson scoring. Its the rebounding, there's a difference. And Love (12rpg), Varajao (10rpg in 28mpg), and Thompson (9rpg in 31mpg) all board up.

Bulls will not be out rebounded they've been a top 10 rebounding team for the last 4-5 years.Mcbuckets will play the 3 and Jimmy butler will defend lebron.Mcbuckets will defend the mike millers,james jones or tristan thompson he can be hidden on defense so he won't be sitting anywhere.Taj gibson averaged 18 ppg in the playoffs last year including a 32 point game you continue to expose yourself.Pau will eat vs anyone they put on him.Noah has never been a threat offensively in his career he can defend,rebound and pass the ball his intangibles/hustle and ability to defend multiple front court positions is what he does.I didn't even mention the euro

Butttt the Cavs starting 2 guard is Dion Waiters. Soooo Doug McDermott is gonna guard Dion Waiters? Then if he guards the 4, yall have old school 4's so they're gonna be guarding 3's??. Seems like that cross match will ? yall...all just to hide a rookie's defensive woes? Thibs has a track record of being that understanding? Didnt yall ride ? outta town for fukin ? up on D? Huh?

"Nikola's game will translate extremely well because he has inside-outside capability," Blatt said. "He has the size to take advantage of mismatches if he does play as a power forward. He has the speed to dribble around guys. He's a legitimate rebounder and has physical size and presence. He's a very, very tough kid.
    "He was a matchup nightmare
    in Europe. That will be interesting to see, how Tom Thibodeau decides to play him. I can't speak to that piece. But physically and athletically and skills-wise, he can swing between positions and take advantage of mismatches."

6mSMb1q.gif

I seen the tape. Over HERE, in Americaaaa, we speaka the english, and that man is not playin the 3. Get some rest.

I doubt waiters starts cavs need spacing he's an average shooter if he did snell would most likely start and mcbuckets would come off the bench.I was saying mcbuckets can defend the weaker players like korver use too thibs has defensive system that has been proven to be effective one bad defender won't change nothin.Hilarious how you dismiss what the cavs head coach says about a player he's actually coached against and how his skills can translate to the nba.

We'll see. I think Mcdermot's ultimate future is as a small ball 4, and would be perfect playin small at the 4 next to a guy like Noah who erases other dudes defensive woes.

Plus in today's league imo there's more wings that will hurt and expose you than there are 4's. shrug. We'll see
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Also im not sure if Wiggins has it in him but he should be SO motivated to try to destroy da Cavs when they match up, id try to drop at least 30 on them ?

Lebron will shut him down....

I will rather play in minny than play with bron and be 3rd option....that's just me b/c I am old school like that.....
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If Waiters comes off the bench, it wont be cause he isnt good enough. I honestly think it would be best for the Cavs for him to come off the bench, just for scoring balance.
  • Apoptosis
    Apoptosis Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    I don't wanna hear about no ? Bulls front court when ? just got SmackedDaFuckUp by Gortat & no first name Nene

...uhhh Nene is his first name

Yeah, and his last name was hilario...

No. That wasn't a typo. I wasn't trying to type "hilarious."

Corny af
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but but but I thought dan gilbert was against forming superteams
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    but but but I thought dan gilbert was against forming superteams

And marc cuban.....
  • S2J
    edited August 2014
    Options
    And yo

140302052638338216.jpg

who gave yall creative license to keep talkin about Taj Gibson like he's about to be a breakout star. The ngga is almost 30. Came into the league at 24. He is and wil be what he is: a back up power forward. He's not turnin up. Stop that.

Since when do you have to have 12 stars on your team to win a championship? Who is even saying he's a star? What I can say is on one side where Kevin Love is poor Taj Gibson is elite, and when the games actually matter and Taj is covering Love your not going to see those stats your so infatuated with

Im sorry, what? Are we talkin about repping Brooklyn or ??? Not sure what you mean here guy.

Let me be clear *funk flex voice* The impact of individual post defense is a roose, a facade. A sham. Yes its a bonus to have a lock down defender in the post, but this aint the 90's. Pat Ewing aint walkin thru that door. Dream aint walkin thru that door. Nggas is not gon be 'Yo clear out, he got Love in the post!". Team defense is what matters.

Proof: The Chicago Bulls. Year in year out the best defense in the league despite Carlos ? as a starting 4

tumblr_moipk8rnqu1qbzayeo1_500.gif

Did you see Bosh against Tim Duncan? Soft af. Yet thats the ngga defensively that they played at the FIVE most times, and rode out to 4 straight finals. And they didnt lose to SA b/c they couldnt guard the post. They lost b/c of a whole bunch of other ? , and w/ the bigs it was the lack of rebounding, not lack of interior defense.

So enough with that 'Kevin Love is a poor defender' cliche. Arguably the best center in the league avergaes 18 ppg. Enough.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Lol you think that's the main reason we lost to the Spurs? Rebounding?
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    If he wanted to leave Detroit that bad then he woulda took that offer because I couldn't see the Pistons matching it.

I think the pistons are the ones who offered it

Ah damn.......damn.
  • S2J
    edited August 2014
    Options
    jaemooms wrote: »
    If Waiters comes off the bench, it wont be cause he isnt good enough. I honestly think it would be best for the Cavs for him to come off the bench, just for scoring balance.

c/s He would eat off the bench. That ngga seemin more n mor like a knucklehead tho. He just want his touches
    Lol you think that's the main reason we lost to the Spurs? Rebounding?

NOOOO! Lol I was just using that to highlight the difference between rebounding and interior defense which i get the feling they're lumping together.

Ima edit that. Let me be clear *funk flex voice*
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    Damn I remember last summer UA took Steph Curry from Nike. June and July that ? was in Nike commercials with James Harden, by opening night he had on some neon camo high top boots.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EVERY team in da east improved except for da sixers, nd im just sittin back in disgust cuz we have 18 players on our squad, 9 of em being guards when our owner promised us "fireworks" dis off-season, now i gotta enjoy evan Turner nd avery Bradley throwin up contested midrange jumpers smh dis year gonna be so struggletastic

Welcome to my world watching the pistons
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    k love routinely quits on defensive possessions to get in rebounding position before the ball is ever shot so im already waiting on the gif of lebron ? expression when d rose blows by kyrie and k love isnt there to help because he busy padding his rebound stats i mean positioning for the rebound

big reason miami winning was thanks to a high powered defense its gonna be interesting to see what kinda system blatt implements

i read mark jackson signed with lebron agent a couple weeks ago so he might not have much time lol
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    Good riddance. Lol That KD line is trash. Nike should blame themselves for branding KD's shoes on some humble ? . They think they slick but i remember when they sold them shyts for like 90 bucks. Ffwd some years they upped the price to 150 when the shoes are still basic as hell. They dont put half as much thought into those as they do Lebrons

You right, he started winning more and the prices went up. Which makes sense, I don't agree with it but I don't knock it.

Shoes went from this
    nike-kd1-white-black-varsity-red-metallic-silver-1.jpg

To this

[img]http://nk_wp_media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/2014/03/Nike-kd-vi-what-the-kd-1.jpg[/img]
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EVERY team in da east improved except for da sixers, nd im just sittin back in disgust cuz we have 18 players on our squad, 9 of em being guards when our owner promised us "fireworks" dis off-season, now i gotta enjoy evan Turner nd avery Bradley throwin up contested midrange jumpers smh dis year gonna be so struggletastic

We'll be straight, I want to wait to see if anymore moves will be made before I comment on the squad but there's a lot more to look forward too this year than last, you can look at it like we have a cluster ? in the backcourt or you can look at it like we have a talented as ? backcourt, it's our frontcourt I'm more worried about, if Sully can hdndle more minutes and KO makes huge strides like I think he will...i won't say it but we'll be straight

Sully is trynna lose weight so he can play more minutes, nd KO finished last year strong nd he's been trynna bulk up, i feel its too many guards who dont play off da ball well nd dat might stunt smart nd young
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I assumed mike miller would start at the 2 and waiters would come off the bench.There's no purpose in waiters starting when lebron,love and irving will be the main offensive players they cavs would need a shooter with that line up
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Report: Timberwolves trying to trade J.J. Barea, Luc Mbah a Moute, Alexey Shved

The Timberwolves will get a great package if the Kevin Love trade goes through as reported.

I would have dealt Love for just Andrew Wiggins if it were allowed and all I could get, but Anthony Bennett and a future first rounder are nice assets, too. Minnesota did really well for itself, no question.

But the Timberwolves won’t unload any of their bad contracts – someone like Kevin Martin (three years and $21,255,000 remaining) – in the deal with the Cavaliers.

Flip Saunders hasn’t given up, though.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:

Minnesota still has a goal of freeing itself of J.J. Barea, Luc Mbah a Moute and Alexey Shved, league sources said.

Barea ($4,519,500), Mbah a Moute ($4,382,576) and Shved ($3,282,056) all have expiring contracts. So, “freeing itself” is strange wording considering Minnesota can just let all three walk next offseason.

Assuming that’s an accurate portrayal of the situation, though, I see a couple possibilities:

1. The Timberwolves know they won’t contend for a playoff berth this season, and they believe Barea, Mbah a Moute and Shved can help teams now. So, Minnesota wants to flip those three for future assets like draft picks(and maybe the expiring contract of a worse player to satisfy trade rules) while still possible.

2. The Timberwolves are so desperate to trim salary – even beyond the $4,644,503 they drop in the Love trade – they want to deal those three players now.

Quite possibly, a combination of both factors is in play. If Minnesota doesn’t believe its roster is playoff-worthy, drawing fans won’t be easy.

None of the three players has much value, though.

Shved, 25, regressed from his rookie year – a troubling sign for a low-efficiency gunner. It seemed he’d settle into NBA play, but he’s just getting further from the target.

Barea has trended downward since helping the Mavericks win the 2011 NBA Finals. The undersized point guard just doesn’t finish at the rim like he used to. That might be due to a lack of burst as he’s passed the wrong side of 30, but there’s at least a little hope he could thrive again in the right system.

Mbah a Moute seems to have slipped from his defensive peak, though he’s still pretty good in isolation. He still can’t shoot or serve as a playmaker, bigger issues when his defense isn’t as stout.

Minnesota has a chance to move any of the three if it finds a team with very specific needs, but none of the three will generate much buzz league-wide.

If they’re are really desperate to unload the trio, the Timberwolves could always offer draft picks as sweeteners. Or maybe they can attach one to Bennett in a Thaddeus Young trade. The 76ers have the cap room to absorb a bad contract (or three) if it nets a positive asset.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll take mbah a moute

I heard he's phenomenal as a defender..I never seen it though
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Gotdamn @TheBossman‌...this sig fam. ? .

ibd1QIEtb4TNF8.gif

I think she in my sig too. Bad ? !

It's in the spoiler tho
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shved had a good rookie year,dude could shoot nd was an underrated slasher he had a mean sophomore slump tho, it was rumored he was on dat ? sugar lls
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And yo

140302052638338216.jpg

who gave yall creative license to keep talkin about Taj Gibson like he's about to be a breakout star. The ngga is almost 30. Came into the league at 24. He is and wil be what he is: a back up power forward. He's not turnin up. Stop that.

Since when do you have to have 12 stars on your team to win a championship? Who is even saying he's a star? What I can say is on one side where Kevin Love is poor Taj Gibson is elite, and when the games actually matter and Taj is covering Love your not going to see those stats your so infatuated with

Im sorry, what? Are we talkin about repping Brooklyn or ??? Not sure what you mean here guy.

Let me be clear *funk flex voice* The impact of individual post defense is a roose, a facade. A sham. Yes its a bonus to have a lock down defender in the post, but this aint the 90's. Pat Ewing aint walkin thru that door. Dream aint walkin thru that door. Nggas is not gon be 'Yo clear out, he got Love in the post!". Team defense is what matters.

Proof: The Chicago Bulls. Year in year out the best defense in the league despite Carlos ? as a starting 4

tumblr_moipk8rnqu1qbzayeo1_500.gif

Did you see Bosh against Tim Duncan? Soft af. Yet thats the ngga defensively that they played at the FIVE most times, and rode out to 4 straight finals. And they didnt lose to SA b/c they couldnt guard the post. They lost b/c of a whole bunch of other ? , and w/ the bigs it was the lack of rebounding, not lack of interior defense.

So enough with that 'Kevin Love is a poor defender' cliche. Arguably the best center in the league avergaes 18 ppg. Enough.

@ the bolded...you're a ?
    @ the underlined...? your ? self

You don't have a great team defense without great individual defenders, guys that don't need help defense because they can play lockdown defense and aren't a liability, Lebron is going to have to anchor that defense and they will be good enough to compete but Chicago is on another level defensively, they have the best defensive big in the game today anchoring the de, a coach that preaches de and a bunch of players that take pride in playing de, Cleveland will be better but they aren't scaring anybody on that side of the ball, Cleveland will live by the 3 and die by the 3 against Chicago
This discussion has been closed.