Guardians of the Galaxy

Options
A.J. Trillzynski
A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
Marvel fans.. so I'm crazy hyped off the movie (top 5 GOAT). what trades do I start with?

Comments

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Classic guardian's...infinity watch...marvel now guardian's
  • CVTom
    CVTom Members Posts: 71 ✭✭
    Options
    Try the GOTG series from the 90s with the original crew... including Yondu. It's available in TPB
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CVTom wrote: »
    Try the GOTG series from the 90s with the original crew... including Yondu. It's available in TPB

That screw was the ? .

I suggest reading The Quest for the Shield. It shows how Vance Astro came to possess Captain America's shield.

Also, read the upgraded Silver Surfer and Galactus arc:

753174-ggquest.gif

2529325-1818158_silver_surfer___the_keeper___guardians_of_the_galaxy_23.jpg

Gog24s.jpg

GOTG.jpg
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wolverine Stans would like this arc, too:

gotg3.jpg
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would say stick to the DnA run from a few years back that started with Annihilation. That's the most new reader friendly volume of the series. I assume it was also a big influence on the movies since it was the comeback run for this IP. Since you're a movie fan trying to check out comic books it might be the best route.The older volumes are more niche and a lot of the value from them derives from great familiarity with the cosmic marvel landscape of the 70's, 80's and early 90's which a lot of new readers are unfamiliar with.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all them ? look dope.. I can see going back and getting into that older stuff later because there doesn't seem to be even that much newer material to read through.. at least in TPB

ordered The Complete Collection Volume 1 by Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning through Amazon though.. seemed like a good place to start Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all them ? look dope.. I can see going back and getting into that older stuff later because there doesn't seem to be even that much newer material to read through.. at least in TPB

ordered The Complete Collection Volume 1 by Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning through Amazon though.. seemed like a good place to start Guardians of the Galaxy.

Yes that's the DnA (Dan and Andy) run I mentioned. It's the most newbie friendly version of this IP, the only one with the same roster as the movie.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    stick with the DnA run, its exactly what your looking for and what the movie was based off of