The Ignorance (and stupidity)of the Black Church

KushBurninIndividual
KushBurninIndividual Members Posts: 94
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
First a lil background on me...
I believe there is an ultimate creator who set the groundwork for our universe.

I believe as humans, we cannot fully understand the specifics of this creator

I believe this creator has absolutely no interaction with our physical universe and that man must forge his own destiny...

Now with that ? out the way...Check this..

I used to be a fundie christian and i went to a white church...When going to a white church I noticed that White christians KNEW more about the faith they believed in..
They knew the doctrine...They knew the bible deeply...And they had justifications (though the arguments were faulty) for what they believed in...

Well before i went to the white church and recently as I have been goin to church wit my byrd I have noticed that people in the Black Church dont know ANYTHING about christianity..

They dont know the doctrine and they do not have ANY justification for belief....
Its utter blind faith. And its sad really....But for some reason I am led to believe this is rooted in slavery..Where the black man was forced to believe with no justification for belief...And no reading of the text..

What yall think?

EDIT: Jesus (Yeshua) was Black

Comments

• Nut Did N' Cider
    Nut Did N' Cider Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I believe all Christians are ignorant. But yes, I have to agree black christians are even more in the dark. The phenomenon can be traced back to slavery as you stated, but currently continues because of lack of education amongst blacks(as compared to other groups), and a willingness to suspend critical thinking for the sake of conforming to a socially created standard of "blackness".
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I believe all Christians are ignorant. But yes, I have to agree black christians are even more in the dark. The phenomenon can be traced back to slavery as you stated, but currently continues because of lack of education amongst blacks(as compared to other groups), and a willingness to suspend critical thinking for the sake of conforming to a socially created standard of "blackness".

This coming from a man who's screen name is named after a fully consummated sex act.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    What part of houston u from. And what church in houston you speakin of? lol
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Christianity as a whole is idiotic.