Who Do You Blame The Most For The East Coast/West Coast Rivalry?

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been 20 years? Wtf cares man
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who doesn't say Tupac/Suge isn't being honest or objective. They could have easily kept it Death Row vs. Bad Boy but they decided to manipulate the whole situation since it sold more records and also Pac was paranoid as ? and pretty much thought everybody in NY was out to get him after he got shot up the first time (which is pretty understandable).

It's a shame because before that time even though there were still regional differences in terms of music and style everybody pretty much listened to everything and local radio stations were more diverse.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) The Media
    2) The Media
    3) The Media
    4) Suge
    5) Pac
    6) The Media
    7) The Media
    8) Puff
    9) The Media
    10) Tim Dog
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    The fans.

• wAXed_poetic
    wAXed_poetic Members Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    The people who own the labels these artists were on and the media that instigated the situation are the same people. Just saying
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? I blame you!
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited August 2014
    Westside Connection took the beef to another level before pac did.

They had a damn album called bow down, telling the east to kiss their rings. Video for it and all. The entire album was a diss against the eastcoast. In every song there is an eastcoast diss.

Hell the group was formed because they were ? at the critics in New York.

Cube my ? but i'll blame him.

Westside connect did run with it after they saw the pub they were getting! Bow down was meant to be a diss to the east side of LA. Some people took it as a slight diss towards death row and what they had going on.

C'mon bruh u from LA. You know that wasn't a diss against east LA. East LA is mostly mexicans. Why would Cube diss them outta the blue? And aren't they from south LA? not west LA, so that makes no sense.

"Hip Hop Started in the West..Ice Cube bailin thru the east without a vest" - Westside slaughter house

"All the Critics in new york"

"Chicago is miiine, ? hit the fence" - Hoo bangin remix

the entire westside slaughter house is a diss to the east coast and Chicago.

If you watch the beef dvd you'll see that the launched an attack against the east coast.
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I blame the media and Suge Knight. During the source awards Suge let everyone know how he felt and Snoop couldn't wait to say what he said. NY wasn't hating on the West like people think. Ever since the source awards ? took off.

#facts

Nosign. You gotta remember The Source awards weren't televised and nobody had the internet when that happened. Nobody knew that Suge made that comment until several years later, unless you were actually there.

I'm confused. What part of my post are you no signing? I didn't say if the 1995 Source Awards was televised which it was at MSG. The year before wasn't. Ralph Mcdaniels was showing clips on Video Music Box. I'm also confused about know one not knowing Suge made those comments. Almost everyone knew. It was in the magazines and newspapers. what the hell you talking about?

Are you telling me the 1995 Source Awards were televised at Madison Square Garden?

I was living in Boston at the time and I knew nothing about The Source Awards. You gotta remember Video Music Box was only broadcast in NYC. It's not a nationwide show.

Also, you say "it was in the magazines and newspapers" Which magazines and newspapers if you don't mind me asking?

The Source Awards was on PPV. I'm from Toronto and we had that ? within a week or so of the award show on VHS. That ? was getting passed around like the O Dog tape.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm from the east coast but I gotta admit that bow down album is classic
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diddy and his Media Masters that own the labels and the black mafia Kats attacking Suges people in retaliation for Suge freeing Jodeci and Mary J Blige from slave Contracts...
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not about East or West
    It's about ? and ? , power and money. riders and punks Which side are you on?

Pac made it clear the ? was never on no east v west ? ... that was a media concoction and ? people fell for it
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The media.... Ppl gotta remember all pac was doing is the same thing 50 did with Ja rule which was tryna end him and anybody with him but the media started tryna make it seem like it was a whole coast thing when pac would stay tryna go outta his way to show his love for NY as a whole
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    The media
    And the dumb ? who fell for it
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    The media.... Ppl gotta remember all pac was doing is the same thing 50 did with Ja rule which was tryna end him and anybody with him but the media started tryna make it seem like it was a whole coast thing when pac would stay tryna go outta his way to show his love for NY as a whole

"Any one of ? from new York wanna bring it, bring, we gon ? all u mufuckas"
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Pac did contradict himself at times though. Like he would say one thing, then do another.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    GetoBoy wrote: »

"Any one of ? from new York wanna bring it, bring, we gon ? all u mufuckas"

Now when I came out, I told you it was just about Biggie
    Then everybody had to open their mouth with a ? opinion

y'all ? gotta stop with this ? .... yall ? worse than TMZ .... you gone post that ? with no context... its the next ? line ? ..lolololol
  • geechiedanbuford214
    geechiedanbuford214 Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    I remember that ? vividly cuz it shocked the ? out of me. It came on around 12 or 1am
  • Me1971
    Me1971 Members Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't say Tupac/Suge isn't being honest or objective. They could have easily kept it Death Row vs. Bad Boy but they decided to manipulate the whole situation since it sold more records and also Pac was paranoid as ? and pretty much thought everybody in NY was out to get him after he got shot up the first time (which is pretty understandable).

It's a shame because before that time even though there were still regional differences in terms of music and style everybody pretty much listened to everything and local radio stations were more diverse.

I disagree. Pac and Suge kept it Death Row vs Bad Boy. Pac was responding to other people on the east coast who dissed him like Chino XL, Da Brat, the Roots, De La Soul, The Fugees, LL, Mobb Deep, and even Jay Z for letting Big throw that "who shot ya" subliminal in the Dead Presidents video. Most of those disses didn't even come out until after he died. I also think that anyone who went through that much trauma in that short of a time period as a young man would have a few anger issues, especially when you're already naturally outspoken and hotheaded. Biggie was ducking Pac while sending subliminsls, and Puffy supposedly put out a bounty on DR chains, so it added fuel to the fire. But he patched it up Nas, had an eastcoast click called The Outlawz, had Red & ? on All Eyes on Me, recorded One Nation, signed Big Daddy Kane and Melle Mel, was starting Death Row East, and downplayed east coast/west cost in his interviews. I think the media plays a bigger role in this than Biggie, Puff, Pac, and Suge.
  • Me1971
    Tim Dogg said that Pac saved his life back in 96 while he was in Cali, so that should tell you that he wasn't into the east coast/west coast war like that.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me1971 wrote: »

I disagree. Pac and Suge kept it Death Row vs Bad Boy. Pac was responding to other people on the east coast who dissed him like Chino XL, Da Brat, the Roots, De La Soul, The Fugees, LL, Mobb Deep, and even Jay Z for letting Big throw that "who shot ya" subliminal in the Dead Presidents video. Most of those disses didn't even come out until after he died. I also think that anyone who went through that much trauma in that short of a time period as a young man would have a few anger issues, especially when you're already naturally outspoken and hotheaded. Biggie was ducking Pac while sending subliminsls, and Puffy supposedly put out a bounty on DR chains, so it added fuel to the fire. But he patched it up Nas, had an eastcoast click called The Outlawz, had Red & ? on All Eyes on Me, recorded One Nation, signed Big Daddy Kane and Melle Mel, was starting Death Row East, and downplayed east coast/west cost in his interviews. I think the media plays a bigger role in this than Biggie, Puff, Pac, and Suge.

Maybe so but Tupac started it.

You could say that Vibe magazine sensationalized it, but Hit Em Up, Bomb First and Against All Odds didn't make the situation any better.
  • Me1971
    edited August 2014

You could say that Vibe magazine sensationalized it, but Hit Em Up, Bomb First and Against All Odds didn't make the situation any better.

Yeah, but all of that took place during the last two and a half months of his life. The bi coastal tension was already building since 1990 and the media started giving it more coverage in 1995. The East Coast West coast feud was already popping before he even got to DR, but they saw the big west coast label exchanging insults with the big east coast label and the media sensationalized it even more. Hit Em Up wasn't even on All Eyes on Me, he released that in mid June and was dead by early September. He didn't diss the east coast in any of those songs you mentioned, he only went at certain rappers and figures (Wendy Williams) who happened to be from the east. That's why I brought up that example of Da Brat, because she wasn't from the east but he dissed her because she spoke ill about him in defense of Biggie, so he was pretty much going at everyone regardless of coast. On the intro to Bomb First, the first words he said was, "this isn't about east coast or west coast". In his past interview on MTV four days before he was shot, he said there was no east coast west coast feud.

Pac didn't start it. He may have been the most charismatic, theatrical, and loudest, but I think Bad Boy were adding the most fuel to fire, quietly. How could any good come from putting a hit out on Pac, getting Suge's best friend killed in Atlanta, and a bounty on Deathrow chains? Something was going to happen regardless.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but all of that took place during the last two and a half months of his life. The bi coastal tension was already building since 1990 and the media started giving it more coverage in 1995. The East Coast West coast feud was already popping before he even got to DR, but they saw the big west coast label exchanging insults with the big east coast label and the media sensationalized it even more. Hit Em Up wasn't even on All Eyes on Me, he released that in mid June and was dead by early September. He didn't diss the east coast in any of those songs you mentioned, he only went at certain rappers and figures (Wendy Williams) who happened to be from the east. That's why I brought up that example of Da Brat, because she wasn't from the east but he dissed her because she spoke ill about him in defense of Biggie, so he was pretty much going at everyone regardless of coast. On the intro to Bomb First, the first words he said was, "this isn't about east coast or west coast". In his past interview on MTV four days before he was shot, he said there was no east coast west coast feud.

Pac didn't start it. He may have been the most charismatic, theatrical, and loudest, but I think Bad Boy were adding the most fuel to fire, quietly. How could any good come from putting a hit out on Pac, getting Suge's best friend killed in Atlanta, and a bounty on Deathrow chains? Something was going to happen regardless.

If you really think about it, Tupac's position didn't make any sense at the time and it doesn't make any sense now.

He made songs with social commentary and then the next song would be dissing somebody.

I think he had a bad case of schizophrenia that wasn't diagnosed.