What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Who Do You Blame The Most For The East Coast/West Coast Rivalry?

13

Replies

  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me1971 wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Me1971 wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't say Tupac/Suge isn't being honest or objective. They could have easily kept it Death Row vs. Bad Boy but they decided to manipulate the whole situation since it sold more records and also Pac was paranoid as shit and pretty much thought everybody in NY was out to get him after he got shot up the first time (which is pretty understandable).

    It's a shame because before that time even though there were still regional differences in terms of music and style everybody pretty much listened to everything and local radio stations were more diverse.

    I disagree. Pac and Suge kept it Death Row vs Bad Boy. Pac was responding to other people on the east coast who dissed him like Chino XL, Da Brat, the Roots, De La Soul, The Fugees, LL, Mobb Deep, and even Jay Z for letting Big throw that "who shot ya" subliminal in the Dead Presidents video. Most of those disses didn't even come out until after he died. I also think that anyone who went through that much trauma in that short of a time period as a young man would have a few anger issues, especially when you're already naturally outspoken and hotheaded. Biggie was ducking Pac while sending subliminsls, and Puffy supposedly put out a bounty on DR chains, so it added fuel to the fire. But he patched it up Nas, had an eastcoast click called The Outlawz, had Red & Meth on All Eyes on Me, recorded One Nation, signed Big Daddy Kane and Melle Mel, was starting Death Row East, and downplayed east coast/west cost in his interviews. I think the media plays a bigger role in this than Biggie, Puff, Pac, and Suge.

    Maybe so but Tupac started it.

    You could say that Vibe magazine sensationalized it, but Hit Em Up, Bomb First and Against All Odds didn't make the situation any better.


    Yeah, but all of that took place during the last two and a half months of his life. The bi coastal tension was already building since 1990 and the media started giving it more coverage in 1995. The East Coast West coast feud was already popping before he even got to DR, but they saw the big west coast label exchanging insults with the big east coast label and the media sensationalized it even more. Hit Em Up wasn't even on All Eyes on Me, he released that in mid June and was dead by early September. He didn't diss the east coast in any of those songs you mentioned, he only went at certain rappers and figures (Wendy Williams) who happened to be from the east. That's why I brought up that example of Da Brat, because she wasn't from the east but he dissed her because she spoke ill about him in defense of Biggie, so he was pretty much going at everyone regardless of coast. On the intro to Bomb First, the first words he said was, "this isn't about east coast or west coast". In his past interview on MTV four days before he was shot, he said there was no east coast west coast feud.

    Pac didn't start it. He may have been the most charismatic, theatrical, and loudest, but I think Bad Boy were adding the most fuel to fire, quietly. How could any good come from putting a hit out on Pac, getting Suge's best friend killed in Atlanta, and a bounty on Deathrow chains? Something was going to happen regardless.

    If you really think about it, Tupac's position didn't make any sense at the time and it doesn't make any sense now.

    He made songs with social commentary and then the next song would be dissing somebody.

    I think he had a bad case of schizophrenia that wasn't diagnosed.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif






    RickyRichSneakDZABlackAX410
  • walwynwalwyn Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭
    Pac. It was definitely a media concoction like he said but he kept giving them the elements to make that concoction more potent. Everyone played a part but Pac had the biggest hand
    "Actions Speak Louder Than Words, I've Never Been The Talkative Type" Paul Cain

    "Being Enlightened Is No Longer Enough, You Must Apply. Being Willing Is No Longer Acceptable, You Must Do. Make It Count" Royce Da 5'9"

    gnsmiamivice305SneakDZAJabu_Rule
  • Me1971Me1971 Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Me1971 wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Me1971 wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't say Tupac/Suge isn't being honest or objective. They could have easily kept it Death Row vs. Bad Boy but they decided to manipulate the whole situation since it sold more records and also Pac was paranoid as shit and pretty much thought everybody in NY was out to get him after he got shot up the first time (which is pretty understandable).

    It's a shame because before that time even though there were still regional differences in terms of music and style everybody pretty much listened to everything and local radio stations were more diverse.

    I disagree. Pac and Suge kept it Death Row vs Bad Boy. Pac was responding to other people on the east coast who dissed him like Chino XL, Da Brat, the Roots, De La Soul, The Fugees, LL, Mobb Deep, and even Jay Z for letting Big throw that "who shot ya" subliminal in the Dead Presidents video. Most of those disses didn't even come out until after he died. I also think that anyone who went through that much trauma in that short of a time period as a young man would have a few anger issues, especially when you're already naturally outspoken and hotheaded. Biggie was ducking Pac while sending subliminsls, and Puffy supposedly put out a bounty on DR chains, so it added fuel to the fire. But he patched it up Nas, had an eastcoast click called The Outlawz, had Red & Meth on All Eyes on Me, recorded One Nation, signed Big Daddy Kane and Melle Mel, was starting Death Row East, and downplayed east coast/west cost in his interviews. I think the media plays a bigger role in this than Biggie, Puff, Pac, and Suge.

    Maybe so but Tupac started it.

    You could say that Vibe magazine sensationalized it, but Hit Em Up, Bomb First and Against All Odds didn't make the situation any better.


    Yeah, but all of that took place during the last two and a half months of his life. The bi coastal tension was already building since 1990 and the media started giving it more coverage in 1995. The East Coast West coast feud was already popping before he even got to DR, but they saw the big west coast label exchanging insults with the big east coast label and the media sensationalized it even more. Hit Em Up wasn't even on All Eyes on Me, he released that in mid June and was dead by early September. He didn't diss the east coast in any of those songs you mentioned, he only went at certain rappers and figures (Wendy Williams) who happened to be from the east. That's why I brought up that example of Da Brat, because she wasn't from the east but he dissed her because she spoke ill about him in defense of Biggie, so he was pretty much going at everyone regardless of coast. On the intro to Bomb First, the first words he said was, "this isn't about east coast or west coast". In his past interview on MTV four days before he was shot, he said there was no east coast west coast feud.

    Pac didn't start it. He may have been the most charismatic, theatrical, and loudest, but I think Bad Boy were adding the most fuel to fire, quietly. How could any good come from putting a hit out on Pac, getting Suge's best friend killed in Atlanta, and a bounty on Deathrow chains? Something was going to happen regardless.

    If you really think about it, Tupac's position didn't make any sense at the time and it doesn't make any sense now.

    He made songs with social commentary and then the next song would be dissing somebody.

    I think he had a bad case of schizophrenia that wasn't diagnosed.

    Probably lol, who knows. I just look at like he's putting it all out there, the good and the bad. I never really saw him as a positive type of rapper, just a real rapper. Dude was influenced by the panthers, and if you know anything about them, they were mainly about positivity but they never hesitated to get violent with their enemies wether they were black or white.
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf

    real niggas know
    Loch Afro American Psycho EP/mixtape http://www.datpiff.com/Loch-Afro-American-Psycho-mixtape.740928.html
    Loch's youtube channel youtube.com/lochofmceo
    Loch Afro American Horror Story Mixtape Hosted by @DJDooWop http://piff.me/d91349e via @DatPiff
    Follow @Loch121 http://Twitter.com/loch121
    Follow Loch on instagram. http://instagram.com/loch121
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Soloman_The_Wise
  • Antwuan89Antwuan89 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me1971 wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Me1971 wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't say Tupac/Suge isn't being honest or objective. They could have easily kept it Death Row vs. Bad Boy but they decided to manipulate the whole situation since it sold more records and also Pac was paranoid as shit and pretty much thought everybody in NY was out to get him after he got shot up the first time (which is pretty understandable).

    It's a shame because before that time even though there were still regional differences in terms of music and style everybody pretty much listened to everything and local radio stations were more diverse.

    I disagree. Pac and Suge kept it Death Row vs Bad Boy. Pac was responding to other people on the east coast who dissed him like Chino XL, Da Brat, the Roots, De La Soul, The Fugees, LL, Mobb Deep, and even Jay Z for letting Big throw that "who shot ya" subliminal in the Dead Presidents video. Most of those disses didn't even come out until after he died. I also think that anyone who went through that much trauma in that short of a time period as a young man would have a few anger issues, especially when you're already naturally outspoken and hotheaded. Biggie was ducking Pac while sending subliminsls, and Puffy supposedly put out a bounty on DR chains, so it added fuel to the fire. But he patched it up Nas, had an eastcoast click called The Outlawz, had Red & Meth on All Eyes on Me, recorded One Nation, signed Big Daddy Kane and Melle Mel, was starting Death Row East, and downplayed east coast/west cost in his interviews. I think the media plays a bigger role in this than Biggie, Puff, Pac, and Suge.

    Maybe so but Tupac started it.

    You could say that Vibe magazine sensationalized it, but Hit Em Up, Bomb First and Against All Odds didn't make the situation any better.


    Yeah, but all of that took place during the last two and a half months of his life. The bi coastal tension was already building since 1990 and the media started giving it more coverage in 1995. The East Coast West coast feud was already popping before he even got to DR, but they saw the big west coast label exchanging insults with the big east coast label and the media sensationalized it even more. Hit Em Up wasn't even on All Eyes on Me, he released that in mid June and was dead by early September. He didn't diss the east coast in any of those songs you mentioned, he only went at certain rappers and figures (Wendy Williams) who happened to be from the east. That's why I brought up that example of Da Brat, because she wasn't from the east but he dissed her because she spoke ill about him in defense of Biggie, so he was pretty much going at everyone regardless of coast. On the intro to Bomb First, the first words he said was, "this isn't about east coast or west coast". In his past interview on MTV four days before he was shot, he said there was no east coast west coast feud.

    Pac didn't start it. He may have been the most charismatic, theatrical, and loudest, but I think Bad Boy were adding the most fuel to fire, quietly. How could any good come from putting a hit out on Pac, getting Suge's best friend killed in Atlanta, and a bounty on Deathrow chains? Something was going to happen regardless.

    One thing for sure Biggie wasn't adding fuel to the fire. B.I.G. didn't want to have anything to do with it, he just wanted peace.
    RickyRichgns
  • Antwuan89Antwuan89 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for everyone.

    Who ever you blame for the East/West rivalry, if it wasn't for them being the blame/or big reason for the feud would both Tupac & Biggie still be alive today?
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • ocelotocelot Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Media for instigating 2 kids personal business
    1z56els.jpg
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • DarcSkiesDarcSkies TRUST IN ALLAH BUT TIE UP YOUR CAMEL Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prince
    http://darcskies.tumblr.com/

    LATEST SUBJECTS: ***NEW PHOTOGRAPHY POST****

    NEXT SUBJECT: The slow destruction of the gaming industry.

    irNe3jt.gif
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum Intelligent_Hoodlum Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prodigy got a vid talking about his beef with Pac and the West/East Coast Rivelry

    He basically sayin that the tension between coast was already there before Pac even got to the Row with the DPG dissing
    5 GrandSoloman_The_Wise
  • RickyRichRickyRich Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Media . Pac said different times its not the about eastcoast . Its jus the niggas that live there. Pac is from newyork why would he diss the eastcoast. Anyone that was gettin involed with his badboy n biggie they were goin to get it too
    The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
    2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
    2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

    Soloman_The_Wise
  • RickyRichRickyRich Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out his last interview with vibe he says it there too
    The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
    2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
    2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

    Soloman_The_Wise
  • RickyRichRickyRich Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone wants biggie and badboy to b the lil nerds that was getttin bullied in the school yard but them niggas was doin they shyt low key
    The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
    2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
    2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

    loch121J. WillSoloman_The_Wiseaneed123
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antwuan89 wrote: »
    Question for everyone.

    Who ever you blame for the East/West rivalry, if it wasn't for them being the blame/or big reason for the feud would both Tupac & Biggie still be alive today?

    Big would still be alive. I'm not sure if he'd still be hot, most rappers from his era have fallen off by now.

    PAC would have gone to jail after that Orlando Anderson incident and he'd probably be dead or in jail in 2014. I don't think he would have made it this far.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif






  • Gripsta77Gripsta77 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    You got people on both sides saying it started before Pac had any issues with biggie and bad boy, but Pac is the one to blame? lol.
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It started when Wolf (Puff's muscle and the dude Meech and BMF got in a shootout with where Wolf died in, in Buckhead) killed Suge's friend in Atlanta at The Platinum House
    Loch Afro American Psycho EP/mixtape http://www.datpiff.com/Loch-Afro-American-Psycho-mixtape.740928.html
    Loch's youtube channel youtube.com/lochofmceo
    Loch Afro American Horror Story Mixtape Hosted by @DJDooWop http://piff.me/d91349e via @DatPiff
    Follow @Loch121 http://Twitter.com/loch121
    Follow Loch on instagram. http://instagram.com/loch121
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,664 Regulator
    It's crazy man it was really a situation between 2 people and an event one felt betrayed for. The media took that shit and fuckin ran with it. When you got the FBI tailing niggas and tryna hem niggas up for making music, you KNOW it's gotta be the media. Puff, Suge, Pac, Big, niggas forget they were only like 23-25 years old trying to come up. They was just kids man fuck the media SMMFH.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

    ^^^ If you need anything go here

    jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at everyone saying PAC what is it troll PAC threads week? PAC was in jail when the whole east coast west coast thing popped off. Plus the media were the ones who blew it up
    A GODDESS/ICON & THE GREATEST FEMALE ARTIST EVER: MARIAH CAREY
    tumblr_mkz8t79VkZ1rmjy4go8_400.gif

    KOBE "BEAN" BRYANT
    tumblr_mohdwqEFUv1rz7szho1_500.gif

    AMARI COOPER
    coopered.0.gif

    Dress Like You Listen To Sinatra And Act Like You Listen To Pac
    rsz_12frank_zps16b2228d.jpg
    http://www.reverbnation.com/mcmenace
    Emcee Menace-The Stranger (Prod.By A.Joy) [Billy Joel Sample]
    Soloman_The_WiseDR. JEK
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The media
    CTtJgKpXIAAPxX5.jpg
    loch121Soloman_The_Wise
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MENACE... wrote: »
    Lol at everyone saying PAC what is it troll PAC threads week? PAC was in jail when the whole east coast west coast thing popped off. Plus the media were the ones who blew it up

    Yeah but PAC took every opportunity he could to talk in front of cameras and do magazine interviews. Pac was more outspoken whereas Big and Puff may have done interviews but they didn't talk trash like PAC.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif






    gns
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    MENACE... wrote: »
    Lol at everyone saying PAC what is it troll PAC threads week? PAC was in jail when the whole east coast west coast thing popped off. Plus the media were the ones who blew it up

    Yeah but PAC took every opportunity he could to talk in front of cameras and do magazine interviews. Pac was more outspoken whereas Big and Puff may have done interviews but they didn't talk trash like PAC.

    Cause they didn't get shot
    Loch Afro American Psycho EP/mixtape http://www.datpiff.com/Loch-Afro-American-Psycho-mixtape.740928.html
    Loch's youtube channel youtube.com/lochofmceo
    Loch Afro American Horror Story Mixtape Hosted by @DJDooWop http://piff.me/d91349e via @DatPiff
    Follow @Loch121 http://Twitter.com/loch121
    Follow Loch on instagram. http://instagram.com/loch121
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pac and death row. Take pac and suge out the picture = no beef no death, he'd prolly be alive big too. Great music would've been made. We would've gotten big vs nas which is a better battle imo. Picture nas having to bang out with big and the lox smh
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
    5 Grandgns
  • GorillaWitAttitudeGorillaWitAttitude Posts: 3,566
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    Pac and death row. Take pac and suge out the picture = no beef no death, he'd prolly be alive big too. Great music would've been made. We would've gotten big vs nas which is a better battle imo. Picture nas having to bang out with big and the lox smh

    Word and maybe we would have got Big Vs 50 or Ja Rule.
  • Jabu_RuleJabu_Rule Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »
    It started when Wolf (Puff's muscle and the dude Meech and BMF got in a shootout with where Wolf died in, in Buckhead) killed Suge's friend in Atlanta at The Platinum House

    Aye, they started it.
    "They started bangin' on Wolf, saying stuff like, 'You and that buster you're with, nigga, what up?' " recalls Jones's friend. "Wolf and them didn't sweat it; they wasn't worried because they felt it wasn't a big deal. Rivalries like this come up all the time. And it's not just between New York and California. Confrontations often occur between the Detroit and Chicago crews. A lot of times we've done parties for Crips and Bloods and had to tell people on both sides, 'Yo, tell your people to cool out.' Nothing happened if you had proper security."

    Knight, Jones's friend remembers, said nothing until the club's owner appealed to him to calm down his crew. "Suge deaded it at one point," the friend says. "He told them to kill the noise." But tensions flared again and began to boil over. "It got real heated because Wolf's crew is now answering back the Cali crew; they're going back and forth."

    http://www.villagevoice.com/2001-02-13/news/big-bad-wolf/2/
    beyonce-jay-z-blue-ivy-bikes-7e423fe2-53e3-4784-9386-73b60ac360f5.jpg
    gns
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I challenge anybody on the IC to watch the following video and put together a coherent argument that you could blame anybody other than Tupac.

    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif






    Caingns
Sign In or Register to comment.