What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The war in Ferguson, Missouri

The_JackalThe_Jackal Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2014 in The Social Lounge
Quick shoutout to @Black_Samson‌ I couldn't find his older thread on this exact topic of the militarization of police and specifically the use of military vehicle on America streets.

So I was just watching CNN coverage on Ferguson and to my very shockingly surprise I spotted a Bearcat. Now all you folks who haven't served might ask what exactly is a Bearcat. Simple its a armored military vehicle that can withstand small arms fire, IEDS, and potential RPG fire and usually mounted with a 50. cal. So What exactly is it doing roaming America streets? The better question is why is it acceptable to drive around when their is no clear threat present. Also should note that they currently are in complete tactical gear full on camo.

g4_header1_zps941aaee9.jpg
Military version

600x318_zps1cf729d8.jpg
600x3904_zps449181bb.jpg[/URL]
What is currently roaming free in the streets of Ferguson
Beyond Good and Evil
Ephesians 6:10
skpjr78Ajackson17illestni99ainneJabu_Rule

Replies

• The_JackalThe_Jackal Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    People need to invest in sniper rifles and pick these fools off when they are patrolling.
    I don't agree. Because best believe I'm sure if they can mount that 50. Ca back on they would and nothing short of a few rugs is knocking that off the road if the retreat into it. There definitely needs to be some kind of change. It's not right having the feeling of being occupied in your own home by your own government at work.
    Beyond Good and Evil
  • God_YunnGod_Yunn You paid for that The 40-9Posts: 9,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe I do. Its no way the government can be ignoring this unless they have a part in it
    gnskzzlMR.CJMrCrookedLetter
  • Darth SidiousDarth Sidious ..in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only warPosts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicago people are either really enjoying or hating not being in the spotlight for a change..
    349213HorusRisingbyNeilRoberts.jpg

poster-horus-rising.jpg
    $tayRichROLLINdr funky resurrectedSmokey Tha Bandit
    I think the reason people weren't believing you at first was because they just haven't seen any picture proof even though it's been well documented that the dod and pentagon were selling off equipment they weren't using anymore
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Ajackson17
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only hick up is they underestimated the power of
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine what NYPD and Chicago PD might have.

I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
    ocelot wrote: »
    We didn't have this shit when I was in Afghanistan

You went in 2001?
    Beyond Good and Evil
  • Chef_Taylor Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    People need to invest in sniper rifles and pick these fools off when they are patrolling.

I sometimes would like to do this to cops and white folks....dont ask me why cause i dont need a reason tired of both.
    My weakness Beautiful Black Women>

a653763accd13b967064d34578fa769a.jpg

cannonspike1994atribecalledgabiSixSickSins