SUPERMAN HAS THE DUMBEST DISGUISE OF ALLLLL TIME

Options
MARIO_DRO
MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
This dude simply puts a pair of reading glasses on and you cant tell that he's Superman???

FOH!

He takes them off and by golly, Clark now looks just like Superman....

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He does his hair differently too when he's clark.. lol. But yeah, it is pretty dumb.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most fiction has some really dumb ? in it.

I always thought getting bit by a spider was a stupid way to get super powers
  • gns
    Options
    Hey don't disrespect Peter Otto like that.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IT WAS A RADIOACTIVE SPIDER DAMMIT!
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    clark kent is an alien and can change his bone and muscular structure on a molecular level. so he can change his ? structure slightly, such as his jaw line and cheek bones to a slightly less recognizable face. that's the explination I read in wizard magazine some time ago. I think it was wizard. I might have learned it form that science of superman show on nat geo or one of those discovery channels.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    clark kent is an alien and can change his bone and muscular structure on a molecular level. so he can change his ? structure slightly, such as his jaw line and cheek bones to a slightly less recognizable face. that's the explination I read in wizard magazine some time ago. I think it was wizard. I might have learned it form that science of superman show on nat geo or one of those discovery channels.

HAHAHA MAN FOH... I NEVER HEARD THAT!

DUDE GOT THE SAME LOOK AND BUILD WEATHA HE IN A SUIT OR IT OUTFIT
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    what about Green Arrow son got Blonde hair and a damn Blonde Jim the Anvil Chin triangle
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know how true, but someone said the glasses he wears has some properties that distort how the wearer viewed by others.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    According to the Post Crises DC Universe (and Broddie's personal favorite, ;). Clark is moving hella fast at all times, which prevents him from getting getting a clear picture of him taken. You can apply the same analogy, plus factor in changes in the tonality in Supes and Clark's voice, different postures and mannerisms, it could be slightly possible. Also, you have to factor in that people tend to look like folks they're not related to.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk how accurate the cartoon was but Clark Kent and Superman have differnet voices. It was explained in this episode

http://youtu.be/XpcJumZtBgM
  • nicky the don
    nicky the don Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thing is, when there wasn't wall to wall cameras everywhere, the only people that would know are the ones close enough to both Clark and SM.
  • gns
    Options
    Lol at "don't do that again" wtf robin bird ass gonna do if supes did it again.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Lol at "don't do that again" wtf robin bird ass gonna do if supes did it again.

tell Bruce lol
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's actually not stupid, when you think about it, since Superman is essentially hiding in plain sight as Clark Kent.

But it's been established (pre-New 52) that the biggest reason why Supes' disguise works so well is because the general public simply doesn't believe that Superman even has an alternate identity. They think he's Superman all the time, just patrolling around, and showing up whenever there's trouble.

It's also why Luthor, when Superman's secret was literally handed to him, dismissed the idea. He refused to believe anyone with Superman's power would ever pretend to be a regular human being.

So it's actually a pretty damn good disguise.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^
    beat me to to it.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's also why Luthor, when Superman's secret was literally handed to him, dismissed the idea. He refused to believe anyone with Superman's power would ever pretend to be a regular human being.

I know this is a reference to the Byrne story but you reminded me of something. I don't know how many here followed the last pre-New 52 Superman Action Comics storyline but it has one of my all time favorite Luthor moments. Lex after becoming a ? finds out that Kal has been Clark this whole time. But even after the confirmation he still finds a way to justify his Superman hatred.

lex1.jpg

lex2.jpg

lex4.jpg

Action-Comics-Vol.-1-900-2011.jpg
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to the Post Crises DC Universe (and Broddie's personal favorite, ;). Clark is moving hella fast at all times, which prevents him from getting getting a clear picture of him taken. You can apply the same analogy, plus factor in changes in the tonality in Supes and Clark's voice, different postures and mannerisms, it could be slightly possible. Also, you have to factor in that people tend to look like folks they're not related to.

This.

Plus at this point, the whole thing can be interpreted as a metaphor for the unseen/unappreciated greatness that lies within us all, or some ? like that.
  • Destroyer_of_Nations
    Destroyer_of_Nations Members Posts: 14
    Options
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    youtu.be/I_cEoK1mXms

I don't know why it's giving me such a hard time to post the actual clip.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    youtu.be/I_cEoK1mXms

I don't know why it's giving me such a hard time to post the actual clip.

They got you tacked like they got me, I remember you as TheManInBlack.2.0.

Yeah.

Originally, I was just TheManInBlack and posted here back in the day.

But I never did any ? against the rules. Did you?