Options
13»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    janklow wrote: »
    I hate Peter King as well lol, it seems he wants to attack and bomb the whole world. There's never enough blood for him.
    he also has the lovely position of not really giving a ? about terrorism when it involved Irish people
    As far as bombing ISIS artillery targets, I guess it's a decent position but I'm still not crazy about getting involved in an Iraqi civil war. Provoking ISIS may means mission creep eventually, although I'm totally in favor of humanitarian aid and even rescuing Yazidi refugees from that area

i think the question you have to ask is, is it possible it's less "getting involved in an Iraqi civil war" and more "facilitating people actually working together, aside from Maliki." it's POSSIBLE it could be the latter, i guess
    They have a pretty tough military too.
    eh, what have they done lately

My point really is why does it HAVE to be America to be doing this whole bombing campaign? We're slowly sending more troops to Iraq, just today the Pentagon announced 150 more military advisors are going back to Iraq. Meanwhile, China, which is a LOT closer to Iraq then America is, doesn't feel threatened by ISIS and also doesn't feel obligated to bomb them either. Of course, many would say it's because they know America is bombing Iraq but AGAIN, why should it only be Americans who feel obligated to take on ISIS? Especially after all the billions and blood America invested in that country?

These "military advisers" now entering Iraq is how Vietnam got started.

Like i told you in another thread america has to beat isis because no one else can and if we don't it could lead to bigger problems

America just opened up a big can of worms but I understand why people dislike them of course. But America is better off pressuring other countries to get more involved, America is constantly putting itself and its people at risk attacking every little group in the Middle East. The view in much of the Middle East now will be that America is again bombing and maiming people who are fighting corrupt governments. I don't support the horrible things ISIS may be doing but America is better off sticking to the humanitarian side of things, rather then doing the same actions that always end up biting America back in the end.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    My point really is why does it HAVE to be America to be doing this whole bombing campaign?
    the question you have to ask in these situations is, "who else can actually do it?" granted, if you don't think the campaign should happen at all, it's a different debate.
    We're slowly sending more troops to Iraq, just today the Pentagon announced 150 more military advisors are going back to Iraq.
    it's almost like Obama doesn't feel bad about ? lying to people or something
    Meanwhile, China, which is a LOT closer to Iraq then America is, doesn't feel threatened by ISIS and also doesn't feel obligated to bomb them either. Of course, many would say it's because they know America is bombing Iraq-
    asked and answered
    that was, of course, a very different scenario, but if you think it's yet another example of Obama declaring "no boots on the ground" right before boots hit the ground, then yes, i agree with THAT
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, whats the word? Obama going in or?
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not for the faint of heart (the first 6 minutes are NSFW)
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    ? that video is beyond ill....it's easy to see why the rest of the Middle East is scared to take on these guys
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    I hate Peter King as well lol, it seems he wants to attack and bomb the whole world. There's never enough blood for him.
    he also has the lovely position of not really giving a ? about terrorism when it involved Irish people
    As far as bombing ISIS artillery targets, I guess it's a decent position but I'm still not crazy about getting involved in an Iraqi civil war. Provoking ISIS may means mission creep eventually, although I'm totally in favor of humanitarian aid and even rescuing Yazidi refugees from that area

i think the question you have to ask is, is it possible it's less "getting involved in an Iraqi civil war" and more "facilitating people actually working together, aside from Maliki." it's POSSIBLE it could be the latter, i guess
    They have a pretty tough military too.
    eh, what have they done lately

My point really is why does it HAVE to be America to be doing this whole bombing campaign? We're slowly sending more troops to Iraq, just today the Pentagon announced 150 more military advisors are going back to Iraq. Meanwhile, China, which is a LOT closer to Iraq then America is, doesn't feel threatened by ISIS and also doesn't feel obligated to bomb them either. Of course, many would say it's because they know America is bombing Iraq but AGAIN, why should it only be Americans who feel obligated to take on ISIS? Especially after all the billions and blood America invested in that country?

Like i told you in another thread america has to beat isis because no one else can and if we don't it could lead to bigger problems

America just opened up a big can of worms but I understand why people dislike them of course. But America is better off pressuring other countries to get more involved, America is constantly putting itself and its people at risk attacking every little group in the Middle East. The view in much of the Middle East now will be that America is again bombing and maiming people who are fighting corrupt governments. I don't support the horrible things ISIS may be doing but America is better off sticking to the humanitarian side of things, rather then doing the same actions that always end up biting America back in the end.

the other powerful nations will not be getting involved as much as they should, since ww2 the world has relied on america for it's security needs. They either don't know how to react or don't have the ? to do what is needed to keep the middle east in order, your just using wishful thinking. if we don't actually physically get rid of these people in 10 years when they are even stronger it will be harder to get rid of them.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    Not for the faint of heart (the first 6 minutes are NSFW)

If you parallel the islamic prophecies of the end times with that of the chirstian ones this is what you will find

the mahdi will be the christain anti-christ.
    islam teaches that in the last days isa (christ) will return
    the bible teaches that christ will return
    the islamic christ will most likely be who christians call the false prophet.
    revelations says mystery babylon will be destroyed islam teaches that mecca will be destroyed and isis is already talking about destroying the kabaa

i know many people here are either atheist or simply hate the christian ? but the pieces are being set up and if you can't see that i don't know what to tell you
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it is true that there are thousands of people on that mountain facing either slaughter or starvation, I don't see how anyone can not support this.

you cant? how about all the Americans that have been killed in these wars already? enough of the ? , these people are gonna ? eachother regardless of us being there or not. Let it happen, cant fix the world when your own home aint right.
  • janklow
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    he's going to attempt to have it both ways for as long as humanly possible

• kingblaze84
    Options
    If it is true that there are thousands of people on that mountain facing either slaughter or starvation, I don't see how anyone can not support this.

you cant? how about all the Americans that have been killed in these wars already? enough of the ? , these people are gonna ? eachother regardless of us being there or not. Let it happen, cant fix the world when your own home aint right.

Amen
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    he's going to attempt to have it both ways for as long as humanly possible

Do you think Obama will send thousands of American troops in Iraq when it's all said and done? I'd like to think no but it seems he's slowly sending more and more, month by month
  • janklow
    Options
    Do you think Obama will send thousands of American troops in Iraq when it's all said and done? I'd like to think no but it seems he's slowly sending more and more, month by month
    probably not because at this point, i assume he's mostly interested in his legacy, and doesn't want that as a mark against it. of course, i have a low opinion of Obama for obvious reasons

if the politics over there get better (so far, so good) and the Kurds can fight at a higher level with better supplies, i don't know that it would even NEED those forces, but i guess we'll see