The Hell? WorldStarHipHop...The Movie (Get Ready ? Will Be Yelling World Star In The Theatre)

Options
13»

Comments

• MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    KingSimba wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    The elephant in the room is black people are embarassed to see that 'other' side of our race, and you think wshh is letting out our big secret. And now 'Oh no white people is gon see this and think we's all nggas!'

As if they will ever see us as anything different...? , as if you should care...

You know what? I actually kinda agree with this. Most people, including black people, are taught from an early age to hide their flaws and only put out the positive for the world to see. But with the advancement of technology, anyone can be a camera man and catch people at the worst times. And WordStar is a platform to showcase those worst moments.

I think some people's issue is that there isn't much balance. Like we knor who controls Hollywood and the media. We have historically been used to getting the short end of the sticl when it comes to a balanced portryal of black people on the news and in entertainment media. So I think people's issue with worldstar is that Isa black man owns it and is continuing the "agenda" to perpetuate the ignorance.

But I look at it like this. White people for the most part have always liked blacks for "entertainment". And as a whole, we dont support out own unless its something portraying us in a negative way mainly because we are so broken as a people.(rmember the great senators and redtails?)
    And Q is in it to.make money....flat out.

Something extrodinary would have to happen to switch that mindset. Its sad. But its the truth.

Yup. U got black guys and black girls out here eatin ass like a hungry person munchin on a warm steak And ? actin like that ? ain't real

No beef, but what does that have to do with WSHH showcasing more negative stereotypes? If this move gets released I bet it i'll be a nationwide then this is going to show even more negatives.

Becuz tha super metaphysical roller coaster you're on isn't tha reality of tha situation
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    The elephant in the room is black people are embarassed to see that 'other' side of our race, and you think wshh is letting out our big secret. And now 'Oh no white people is gon see this and think we's all nggas!'

As if they will ever see us as anything different...? , as if you should care...

You know what? I actually kinda agree with this. Most people, including black people, are taught from an early age to hide their flaws and only put out the positive for the world to see. But with the advancement of technology, anyone can be a camera man and catch people at the worst times. And WordStar is a platform to showcase those worst moments.

I think some people's issue is that there isn't much balance. Like we knor who controls Hollywood and the media. We have historically been used to getting the short end of the sticl when it comes to a balanced portryal of black people on the news and in entertainment media. So I think people's issue with worldstar is that Isa black man owns it and is continuing the "agenda" to perpetuate the ignorance.

But I look at it like this. White people for the most part have always liked blacks for "entertainment". And as a whole, we dont support out own unless its something portraying us in a negative way mainly because we are so broken as a people.(rmember the great senators and redtails?)
    And Q is in it to.make money....flat out.

Something extrodinary would have to happen to switch that mindset. Its sad. But its the truth.

Yup. U got black guys and black girls out here eatin ass like a hungry person munchin on a warm steak And ? actin like that ? ain't real

No beef, but what does that have to do with WSHH showcasing more negative stereotypes? If this move gets released I bet it i'll be a nationwide then this is going to show even more negatives.

Becuz tha super metaphysical roller coaster you're on isn't tha reality of tha situation

Yeah, but bringing even more negative attention won't help either.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worldstar been jump the shark.......... but i still check it on a daily basis.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    Funny how black media makes blacks look worse than white media does.

Yeah, tell me about it. It's totally sickening.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jvlioo
    jvlioo Members Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay...so they making a movie. But what's the ? plot? What is it gon be The Social Network for ? ? FOH.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jvlioo wrote: »
    Okay...so they making a movie. But what's the ? plot? What is it gon be The Social Network for ? ? FOH.

Sounds like it would b a cool ass flick to me

Just like House Party and How High was the 'Animal House' for nggas

Yall tryin to make it sound like every movie we came up on was a positive beacon of hope. FOH
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    jvlioo wrote: »

Sounds like it would b a cool ass flick to me

Just like House Party and How High was the 'Animal House' for nggas

Yall tryin to make it sound like every movie we came up on was a positive beacon of hope. FOH

Thank you. Ol hi horse ridin ass ?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It'd be interesting to see how some of these new feaux-intellectual nggas woulda been backin the day

Friday-Brothas n sisters we not gon have this. A movie about unemployment as black jobless rates soar. They gon think all we do is smoke weed and fight.

How to be a Player-Brothas n sistas we not gon have this. A movie about misogynistic black men. They gon think all we do is run around and be promiscous.

Dont Be a Menace-Brothas n sistas we not gon have this. A movie about bafoonery. ...

Fukin nerds
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    It'd be interesting to see how some of these new feaux-intellectual nggas woulda been backin the day

Friday-Brothas n sisters we not gon have this. A movie about unemployment as black jobless rates soar. They gon think all we do is smoke weed and fight.

How to be a Player-Brothas n sistas we not gon have this. A movie about misogynistic black men. They gon think all we do is run around and be promiscous.

Dont Be a Menace-Brothas n sistas we not gon have this. A movie about bafoonery. ...

Fukin nerds

Man whaaaat
  • jill
    jill Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all should watch his breakfast club interview...he explains the background of worldstarhiphop, it might shed a diff light on how y'all feel about the website
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it's an hour and a half of uncut vine comps then I'll get my ticket today
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh let q cook. Y'all wanna boycott his movie cuz it's not necessarily "positive". Did y'all boycott For colored girl? batman? Bad boy? Gtfoh
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    jill wrote: »
    I'll pass

Word
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, it's a movie? I thought it would be a documentary.

But idgaf. People should be free to do whatever the hell they want as long as it's not "criminal."

I don't like the idea of a worldstarhiphop movie, but I think that they have a right to make one. And of course, we have a right to voice our protests.

If you have a problem with ignorant black folk being publicized, then a better solution would be to reduce the ignorance of ignorant black folk. Stopping a movie from being made isn't going to do that.
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    Who are these "ignorant black folks on World Star"?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wshh is a ? fest these days but most of the vids, of buffonery where uploaded via YouTube. By the ppl themselves.
    Nigs embarrased themselves. For free.
    At least mofos on maury get paid.
    This isn't a bigger fail than adult swims black jesus
    200_s.gif
    I would beat the ? out ya ass.
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    Its not a ? Fest tho.