'GTA 5' PS4, PC, Xbox One Release Date Delayed Until 2015?

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
grand-theft-auto-v-wallp-2013.jpg?itok=aPug3X4W

“Grand Theft Auto 5” may not hit shelves for the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 until 2015, CVG reports. Rockstar Games of New York (NASDAQ:TTWO) announced in June the open-world action game would be coming to eighth-generation devices and the PC sometime during the third or fourth quarter this year. However, unless the studio reveals the exact release date soon, we may see a delayed launch.

“If it’s gonna be this year, you want to build the hype up a good few months before the game comes out, and there isn’t much of the year left,” James Jarvis, producer and editor at CVG, said in the video. “If the previews don’t happen really soon, there’s a possibility we won’t be seeing ‘GTA 5’ on new-gen, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, until next year.”

Jarvis discussed the timeline of last year’s launch of “GTA 5” for the Xbox 360 and PS3. “If we take a look at the dates when we went to see the game before it was released, the first clue was on Jan. 31, 2013, a full eight months before the game came out.” “GTA 5” launched last Sept. 17. CVG then went to see a preview of the title in May 2013, four months before the game’s launch. The online preview was available to press last August, a month before it hit stores.

The point Jarvis makes is clear: Rockstar better confirm something soon, or we may not see “GTA 5” on the PC, Xbox One or PS4 until 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HBbE1HClId0

Jarvis also discussed new features for “GTA 5,” including horses.

“There’s a lot of talk about cut content. We’ve got things like police radio stuff, hints about cops and crooks mode. There’s some stuff related to horses,” he said.

The Cutting Room Floor, a site dedicated to discovering unused and cut content from games, said players may be able ride the animals in the updated version of "GTA 5". In an audio clip, police speaking over scanners talk about perpetrators riding horses of various colors.

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? really thought y'all was getting heists this year huh?
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will buy a ps4 in 5 years when gta 6 drops and not a moment sooner.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well good i'll have time to save money for a ps4. on the the gta forums sight in a thread about the new flight school dlc this dude posted a file pic with all these weapons and a whole punch of never before seen map icons. like the letters A, J, O etc. this could mean that we could be getting new contact missions from other main story characters. also there were other icons like a pair of female lips(date perhaps) shrugs. it was about 100 icons. i'll try to post the pics.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    most that wanted to play this game already have, including PC gamers, I'll only be checking for it once it hits that steam sale for like $10 or less