Dont come at me with no pyramid scheme

Options
American Loo VII 3D
American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in Strictly Business
or no get-rich-quick ? . you have any friends that always talkin about how they are 'about to be rich' off some ? ?

investing in a legitimate buisness is one thing, but i aint tryna sell no pre-paid legal services ?

Comments

• TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    what if i had some dope that i wanted you to move for me.. then you call a few of your friends.. then they start movin ? for you.

we got pyramids for days out here bro
  • middleman
    middleman Members Posts: 98
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I know this older dude ? stayed tryin to pitch that ? to me....first it was prepaid legal, then it was the satellite/cable joint, next was the cellphone pyramid

I finally had to tell him ? you ain't makin money cause if you were, you would've stuck with one
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    middleman wrote: »
    Yeah, I know this older dude ? stayed tryin to pitch that ? to me....first it was prepaid legal, then it was the satellite/cable joint, next was the cellphone pyramid

I finally had to tell him ? you ain't makin money cause if you were, you would've stuck with one

its annoying. you lose friends like that cause ? 's dont wanna answer your calls cuz u harrassin em.

i put this in another thread but basically, this chick from college calls me out the blue....

Her: Hey I want to talk to you about my business!!

Me: What business?

Her: I have my own business. I offer financial freedom.

(AT THIS POINT MY SPIDER SENSES ALREADY SMELL ? )

basically what she does is get people to invest in companies. but she wont tell it to you that straight. also in order to invest in these special companies, you have to obtain a license and get others to invest and purchase the license too.

i told the ? straight up its a pyramid scheme. ? got mad!
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    rofl

this dude tried to get me to do prepaid legal

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    or no get-rich-quick ? . you have any friends that always talkin about how they are 'about to be rich' off some ? ?

investing in a legitimate buisness is one thing, but i aint tryna sell no pre-paid legal services ?

lmao dude came at me last week with that ? ...
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Dog my supe do that ? all the time. and he knows that dont do it. He is always talking about how some Millionaire signed up on one of his trips out of town.

Now they have the license plate thing and the TYB thing (being a travel agent). He cool as hell but I feeling it. That body magic be getting these hoes, though.
  • FrozenMind
    FrozenMind Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    rofl

this dude tried to get me to do prepaid legal

Prepaid legal isn't a pyramid scheme, its a network marketing scheme. They are similar, but there are many major differences between the 2. It's hard to get paid with networking marketing schemes, but not impossible and its not a scam like a pyramid scheme, its also legal.
    Ive made good money off things ignorant people who don't understand business write off as pyramid schemes without doing proper research.
  • SDOWA
    SDOWA Members Posts: 7
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FrozenMind wrote: »
    Prepaid legal isn't a pyramid scheme, its a network marketing scheme. They are similar, but there are many major differences between the 2. It's hard to get paid with networking marketing schemes, but not impossible and its not a scam like a pyramid scheme, its also legal.
    Ive made good money off things ignorant people who don't understand business write off as pyramid schemes without doing proper research.

When people say "pyramid scheme," they're generally uneducated about the whole industry - MLM, network marketing, etc... Bottom line, invest your money how you want, network marketing is a ? siiickkk income stream to back up any legit entrepreneurs in this day and age... but YOU gotta make it work for you. Too many people join thinking they're gonna get Oprah rich and drop out once someone close to them tells them to "get away with that pyramid ? ."

Oh well, successful distributors are still makin' their money. All that said, in this day and age it's just another tool in a modern entrepreneur's toolkit. Traditional network marketing on its own as a career is on its way out...