Wiz khalifa fans: Blacc Hollywood drops Aug. 19th (Cover art)

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I had such high hopes for this...

Wiz aint showing the world his top notch rap skills and I cant understand why
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some goods songs on it but definitley not his best effort

Rolling papers is still his best album
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll check it out still
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was expecting a more interesting cover
  • lookdude
    lookdude wrote: »

That's not saying much.

to me Rolling papers produced some of wiz best songs lyrically production and music wise

On my level
    Hopes and dreams
    The race
    Star of the show
    No sleep
    Rooftops
    Cameras
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS ? SUCK..... Straight teeny bop pop rap ....wack ass cornball beats ... Which is sad because its not like wiz is some lyrical genuis ... I've officially givin up on this ? being able to deliver a good album ... His albums are straight mainstream trash .... only thing you can hope for is for him to give us a Taylor Allderdice every now and again
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed his second album more than RP *shrug*
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, thats not saying much. He was better on his old mixtapes.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lookdude The Sleaze is some bland trash bro. Like I said, there were alot of tracks if the put even a smidget of effort in they would have been better. I forgot that he stopped writing. ? brings hit or miss results and for awhile they been misses. Theres only 4 songs on here I really liked and the rest were either painfully mediocre to just flat out bad. Cant defend dude after this effort or lack there of. He's turned into the dude who puts out a sea of half ass music and occasionally there will be gems but its not enough.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the last album hell naw i`ll pass. Dis ? need to refund me my damn $10!
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iTunes Deluxe Version has two additional tracks:

"We Dem Boyz" (Remix) Featuring Rick Ross, ScHoolboy Q, & Nas
    "You and Your Friends" Featuring Snoop Dogg & Ty Dolla $ign
  • lookdude

"Blacc Hollywood" will likely not be able to break the 100k mark in sales opening week.

Wiz Khalifa's new album Blacc Hollywood just hit the stores and the net yesterday, and today the first week sales projections have arrived.

Blacc Hollywood is not looking like it'll be able to break the 100k mark, if these projections hold true. HDD reports that Wiz's new LP is projected to move 70,000 - 80,000 opening week. That's about half of what his last album, 2012's O.N.I.F.C. managed to do (148,000 opening week). O.N.I.F.C. was itself a drop down from Rolling Papers, which moved 197,000 copies opening week.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wiz is one of the few rappers who have got to be an "artist" in the mainstream

I really do t care if his studio albums sound like pop garbage.
    I see the formula workin for him to satisfy the fans and critics with mixtapes.

Dude made it and I'm happy for him. He could be another bitter rapper , free styling about sellouts, big guns, and imaginary bricks while wearing a ? hoodie in front of a bando
  • Viktor
    Viktor Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
    Lol weird seeing how people turned on wiz. I've been saying he ass for 5 years now and been called a hater.

Wiz went in back in 07. Prince of the City 1 & 2 and his debut Show and Prove. He blended in as just another east coast mixtape rapper at that time though.

Prince of the City mixtape was dope bruh. I still knock "Thrown". Different Wiz then.
  • lookdude
    Viktor wrote: »
    Lol weird seeing how people turned on wiz. I've been saying he ass for 5 years now and been called a hater.

Wiz went in back in 07. Prince of the City 1 & 2 and his debut Show and Prove. He blended in as just another east coast mixtape rapper at that time though.

Prince of the City mixtape was dope bruh. I still knock "Thrown". Different Wiz then.

A wiz that sounded like countless other east coast rappers
    He found his own style
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor Gang or share a tattoo needle with Weezy.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

He found his own style

Goes from blending in with countless other east coast rappers to...
    blending in with Miley Cyrus pop cuts and generic trap beats?

Right. Ok.
  • lookdude

He found his own style

Goes from blending in with countless other east coast rappers to...
    blending in with Miley Cyrus pop cuts and generic trap beats?

Right. Ok.

Idk what songs make you say that but ok
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    first off...let me say i like wiz...i really do...i feel like we have similar musical tastes...he picks dope beats, always has solid features on his tracks(and aint afraid to let them shine on his own ? more than him), and while u would like him to improve lyrically...normally he does just enough on the track to not mess it up...

? reminds me of a joe flacco...he definitely aint gonna do ? on his own...with the right receivers (features), o-line (production), and defense (overall theme)...you can win a super bowl with him (great album/mixtape ie taylor alderdice, kush and oj)....

unfortunately this album aint wiz needs to be at this point imo...? had a nice litttle formula going after the debacle that was rolling papers...he dropped his overall best work yet (taylor alderdice)...his next album onifc was jumbled and corny at times but it had some dope tracks and you could see where he was goin with it (i know some may disagree but theres a good album in there)...cabin fever 2 and 28 grams were ok for the were...but he really did improve lyrically and flow wise by a small amount on every single mixtape/album since rolling papers...he cleaned up them wack, extra long metaphors and became more comfortable with his flow...aside from a few wack beats on onifc...he didnt try to do anything outside of his comfort zone but just improved his lyrics and delivery...that gave me hope...

but on this blacc hollywood ? he's back to soundin out of place on his own beats...his flow is garbage on 'so high ' imo...that whole track is a mess...and that 2011 style trap beat on 'run' aint doin him any favors especially not after the energy that kk had...'the sleaze' is a joint thats weird...maybe in a good way but wiz just cant make it work...

the rest of the tracks are just kinda there or fit a particular mood...but why couldn't wiz leave those tracks on the mixtape?

the only real standouts to me are 'house in the hills', 'we dem boyz' (it grew on me), 'still down', and 'no gain'....them tracks are show wiz at his best...confident with a subject matter he obviously relates to and beats that dont try to ask him to do too much...the energy he brought on house in the hills and still down make those two of my favorite tracks from him in a while...

if he stuck to the same principles as those four tracks (and kk which im givin a chance to grown on me and ass drop which aint bad but again aint really a wiz type track)....then we got a great album here....
  • lookdude
    So high is one if the best songs on the album you wildin
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    This ? is trash...and i just got finished defending his ass in that other thread.

You know its bad when nggas gotta force themsleves to say the Spitta/Wiz collab is good,

'Im tryin to tell u something and thats reeeal, aaa ahhhh' GIIIT Tha ? outta here Lol Perhaps the worst of their collabs. Its aiiight, but its a lil corny. Thats not their style, and Spitta didnt '? ' anything. It was a nice lil verse.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    But there are 4-5 songs i ? with, of course. Which ? me off bc its like he knows what beats and music is good, but he aint worried about makin good music.

'Stayin Out all Night' is fire...kinda. But of course he almost managed to ? that up. He just had to add that cheesy beat turn up. smmfh