not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Incredible HULK
    veikuri wrote: »
    "not wrote:
    veikuri wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Thanos is that guy though

He really isn't.

Jim Starlin and Ron Marz started the horrible trend of everyone jobbing to Thanos to the point its a character trait that he's nigh unbeatable.

Who jobs to Thanos? Go ahead, I'll wait.

How's this for a kickoff?
    [img][/img]3789437-apoc.jpg

Are you implying that smart hulk and dumb draw is anywhere near as strong as thanos?

I know Thanos is a team buster. I just posted that pic because of the godly amounts of ether it contains.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    To be fair, Thanos wasn't depicted to be anywhere near as powerful in some early appearances (such as when he used to fight Captain Mar-Vell and around the time he fought everyone with the cosmic cube) as he is currently. Case in point him needing to use the Thanos Helicopter to fly around.

tumblr_ldbri9d9Yn1qzkltpo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAI6WLSGT7Y3ET7ADQ&Expires=1406971160&Signature=zjNC%2BzmR%2FAyC4Z3XlZCTwdoHnMs%3D#_=_

Don't get me wrong; Thanos is one tough dude always has been. I could be wrong, but writers seemed to ramp up his power to his now legendary power levels around just before The Infinity Gauntlet run.

For me, this is where I remember him beginning to really come into his own:

SS50-Cover-194x300.jpg
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, early in his career Thanos wasn't as powerful as he is now. Upon his first resurrection, he was given an upgrade by his boo. That's were the increase in power comes from.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    jaxn wrote: »
    because Odin and Galactus are far more powerful than the Surfer

Thanos is also far more powerful than Surfer

Surfer is closer to Thanos in powerlevel than Thanos is to the likes of Odin or Galactus.
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Batman
    You do realize thanos cannot fly? Also Warlock is no slouch so idk what that was about.

He also got a power up throughout theyear. He has always been above marvel earth for the most part
  • DrMindbender122
    Other
    I realize that, but out of all things, he goes out and uses the 6 o'clock news helicopter to get around?
  • DrMindbender122
    Other
    And who said anything about Warlock?
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Batman
    because Odin and Galactus are far more powerful than the Surfer

Thanos is also far more powerful than Surfer

Surfer is closer to Thanos in powerlevel than Thanos is to the likes of Odin or Galactus.

Lol what's your point? Thanos is still much more powerful than surfer. He has defeated surfer on multiple occasions by just punching him and generally scares the surfer.
    I realize that, but out of all things, he goes out and uses the 6 o'clock news helicopter to get around?

What is someone who cannot fly or is a speedster do? he probably didnt have his chair
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    wack ass Dragon Ball Z fans...

Although Im a DBZ I agree with this statement. 95% of DBZ are the most annoying ? ever. I can imagine what someone who doesn't like DBZ thinks of them
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batman
    All the prep time in the world can't save you from a ? that can fly faster then a bullet and hit like a locomotive.