The Average White American Has Almost No Black Friends, Depressing Research Finds

Options

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    1. This is not surprising at all.

2. I'd be interested to see how they actually came to these statistics. For example, if you ask these questions in Atlanta, DC, etc, you're gonna get different answers than if you ask this in San Francisco, Sacramento, Manhattan. This poll says 75% of white americans...when there's no way they could have this sort of information on 75% of white americans.

maybe they counted ppls fb friends.
    or they just asked 1000ppl and talk about 75% of these, like they normally do for statistics

Word. Neither of which are really an indication of anything.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have any asian friends , I don't even know how to attain asian friends,

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

I don't care about the individual the individual is unimportant. when i walk into a room of other races i walk into it with the entire black race with me, the same thing happens when i go to a job interview or am stopped by the police that is the social and psychological reality of how the world works, white people refuse to accept the fact that they
    benefit off of the actions of their ancestors and the current generation of whites who keep this racist and anti-black system running. and that's why even speaking to them is really a waste of ? time they just want to separate themselves out from the system because they don't want to deal with it

100% Truth right here.

This is the Catch 22 though. White privilege is what keeps whites from understanding how different life is for minorities. If they took off those blinders for even a second, I honestly think most white people would change a little bit. The problem is they have convinced themselves that they are the ones that see clearly, and frankly no matter what you say and no matter what happens to contradict their world view, you can't convince them they aren't correct.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not suprised
    ppl tend to hang with that have similiar backgrounds

outside of ppl I associate with work/college/neighbors (none of which I would consider 'friends') i dont have any white ppl in my social circle.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Viktor wrote: »
    Viktor wrote: »
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    I understand the social implications but why would you want to be friends with whites anyway?

I fully expect you and Six to have nothing but black owned products in your inventory. From your mattress to the jeans you wear. Is being militant an online gimmick thing or your real nature?

that made no ? sense.

It made perfect sense. If everybody is so against whites, then why haven't they gone the Marcus Garvey route in 2014? Yet, Darc Skies deals with white people, has friendly conversations with white people and buy most of his stuff from white people.

Judging by his posts, you would expect this ? to live on a all black island.

You are ignorant of the goal that was set by the garvey movement, simply going back to africa or economically isolating the black race was not the intention of the movement. nothing is wrong with doing commerce with other races garvey was never so naive to expect blacks not too have some economic ties with outsiders as long as it's for our overall benefit.

and while i cannot condone his past relationship with a white woman especially fat one. i won't condem him for it either, malcolm x ? white ? in his younger days, so what i should disrespect him too? no what's more important is the stance darcskies has now

When I joined the site in 2009, he was saying the same ? . So just because he is saying this ? now doesn't mean that he's not still messing with white chicks. The guy is a fraud, his own friend (Charlie) said so.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You know what would an interesting study, whether there are party differences in the number of black friends that whites have. I doubt that the differences would be as great as some liberals try to make it seem.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    there's been a lot of race related threads since the Ferguson fiasco

Not anymore than usual though
    It's just more noticeable lately because the race and religion section is gone so more threads end up in gns and donkey
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tip our top hats and step off the sidewalk when we see cave ? .
    Saw an old head do this in DC about a month ago when a white couple walked by. I couldn't believe my eyes.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not sad about having white friends and im sure other blacks feel the same.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

You shouldn't be. Ain't nothing wrong with having white friends, as long as you understand that they aren't like you and may not think or react the way you need them to when certain situations arise.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats the point of this??
    how many of u ? have white friends???

white friends u invite over for dinner??

csuse i know i dont..
  • Cocoa_Butter
    Cocoa_Butter Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no white friends. Oh well.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as far as Asians only the Hmongs are cool as fucc
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Southeast Asians and Pacific Islanders are all usually cool. They aren't typically on the racist ? that the Chinese and Koreans are.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the poster @craccer a white conservative crip?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Southeast Asians and Pacific Islanders are all usually cool. They aren't typically on the racist ? that the Chinese and Koreans are.

filipinas are sexy
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The average black person has 8 white friends?

Hmm.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You shouldn't be. Ain't nothing wrong with having white friends, as long as you understand that they aren't like you and may not think or react the way you need them to when certain situations arise.

I know I said sad because of the thread says "depressing research finds." Like this is something that breaks so many black peoples hearts.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    do my 2 half Asian cousins count as friends?
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »

only if you like em, call em from time to time to ask whats up
    and maybe get together for a meal or whatever

• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    skpjr78 wrote: »

only if you like em, call em from time to time to ask whats up
    and maybe get together for a meal or whatever

oh well 0 it is
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and this is shocking? im connected with every race, even the arabs
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

2. I'd be interested to see how they actually came to these statistics. For example, if you ask these questions in Atlanta, DC, etc, you're gonna get different answers than if you ask this in San Francisco, Sacramento, Manhattan. This poll says 75% of white americans...when there's no way they could have this sort of information on 75% of white americans.

These studies are always interesting because the headlines usually outweigh the actual studies in most people mind. For example that "study that came out either last year or earlier this year about how "Most white folks feel like they'er the victims of racism now" and made it seem like millions of white folks were polled when in reality only 417 people were polled. These things get manipulated not from a numbers point but from a sensationalized point of using eye catching words and phrases knowing 98% of people won't actually read the study
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

These studies are always interesting because the headlines usually outweigh the actual studies in most people mind. For example that "study that came out either last year or earlier this year about how "Most white folks feel like they'er the victims of racism now" and made it seem like millions of white folks were polled when in reality only 417 people were polled. These things get manipulated not from a numbers point but from a sensationalized point of using eye catching words and phrases knowing 98% of people won't actually read the study

This is very true. For polls to have any real statistical worth, they have a sufficiently large sample size and the people being polled have to represent a random sampling. For most polls that are passed off by news sites and such, pretty much neither of those requirements are ever fulfilled.