Throwback Discussion: Jay Z Takin Young Chris' Flow

S2J
S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
Of course its been talked about before but probaly pre IC upgrade. What are/were your thoughts on it?

What made me think about it again is I was diggin in the e-crates and was bumpin State Property 1 album (classic), listenin to one of my favorite tracks from it, 'Do u want me' (classic).

Man i had forgot/never realized that Jay z wasnt the first ngga to use the 'excuse me miss, whats ya name' line from that Luther Vandross song. Chris was. @ 2:30

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K7sA0FxRWo8

giphy.gif

Yo he really janked this ngga lol

Disclaimer: This is not a jay z hate or "jay z bit everything he ever did' thread. Just a stroll down memery lane

Comments

• The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    do you like wacks and feelings? because thats what you ordered talking bad about jay hova, some of these kids worship jay on here.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    The thing that I dont get is Jay be switchin up his flow on every damn track hes on so how can he steal one certain flow
  • S2J
    do you like wacks and feelings? because thats what you ordered talking bad about jay hova, some of these kids worship jay on here.

Lol Im actually a Jay fan, diehard, but im also objective, and i also dont see it as any indictment of his legacy or whatevr. Its just a crazy footnote in history: One of the greatest to ever do it really fuked wit the young guy. U could tell from the Hot 97 freestyles 'He's only 16'
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris is dumb nice in my book. He had crazy comp during those days with beans free jay. I felt like Neef
    Was holding him back. I can't call it when it comes to the flow. When I hear jay use it I hear jay when Chris does it I hear jay but still think he rubbed off on jay
  • S2J
    Listenin to that song was funny to me bc its like Jay was Varnell Hill, and Chris was Martin

'Where's Varnell, we misss hiiim. I like that!' *takes notes, uses later*
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he straight jacked that mans flow.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope Jay left him settled with money.Theres mad tracks on kingdome like that
  • Me1971
    Me1971 Members Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    Young Chris and Christopher Wallace inspired him a lot.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    During that time and on into the Black Album, Jay Z definitely was "influenced" by Young Chris and ushered in a more mature deliberate style which for awhile became his trademark.

No where near as bad a Wayne whose gone through Gillie, Juelz, Jay Z, Andre 3000, Drake and now Young Thug