whats going on with lil boosie? was i right?

gemini86
gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
when lil boosie got out of jail, there a lot of posters acting like he was the second coming of Pac or something. I was tellin yall it was just a fad and nobody gonna be talking about him after it dies down. Do you still think hes a disant artist. or is he just another wack washed rapper?

speak on it

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually scarface was the one who said he was the new version of pac, years b4 boosie even went to jail, fans just ran with it. u say boosie just a fad, but he been had his popularity for 10+ years, and ? still are talking about him, if u think he wack tho thats cool, otherwise, u not right about much, other than g-unit taking over the summer.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been a fan of Boosie since 2000-2001 when I was starting college in Baton Rouge.
    I do believe it was a lot of fake fans just saying Free Boosie just to be trendy.
    I'm not into that Free (insert name here) movement. I just listen to the music if they get locked up I just listen to their old ? or find someone else to listen to.
    Dude has been mostly underground majority of his career. These "known" features he's getting now is probably the most he's ever gotten before he went to jail.
    Not a knock on dude but he was just grinding that indy market for awhile and as a whole no one really noticed him like that
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    jee504 wrote: »
    I been a fan of Boosie since 2000-2001 when I was starting college in Baton Rouge.
    I do believe it was a lot of fake fans just saying Free Boosie just to be trendy.
    I'm not into that Free (insert name here) movement. I just listen to the music if they get locked up I just listen to their old ? or find someone else to listen to.
    Dude has been mostly underground majority of his career. These "known" features he's getting now is probably the most he's ever gotten before he went to jail.
    Not a knock on dude but he was just grinding that indy market for awhile and as a whole no one really noticed him like that
    His album sales prove otherwise though.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell by the way the sold out show was last night
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never liked Boosie. I thought his voice was MAD annoying but listening to dude after he came from jail he sounds a lot different. He spit a nice verse on Jeezy's new album. Maybe that stint made a positive impact on him.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    That ? boosie is far from wack. I agree a lot of ? just jumped on the fad but boosie makes good music

Nelly used to make good music also don't mean he wasn't. ..you know what..you can have that.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boosie is popular down south idk about other areas
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Boosie was never a really popular guy tho
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gemini86 wrote: »
    when lil boosie got out of jail, there a lot of posters acting like he was the second coming of Pac or something. I was tellin yall it was just a fad and nobody gonna be talking about him after it dies down. Do you still think hes a disant artist. or is he just another wack washed rapper?

speak on it
    WTF is disant?

Boosie is about as big as he ever was w/ a few more dickriders,but rap has changed a lot since he been down

I think he's pretty much right where he was when he left.

Only future numbers can tell if he's more popular
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »
    gemini86 wrote: »

speak on it
    WTF is disant?

Boosie is about as big as he ever was w/ a few more dickriders,but rap has changed a lot since he been down

I think he's pretty much right where he was when he left.

Only future numbers can tell if he's more popular

I meant decent. I think my phone changed it lol. Well with me being in new York I guess I don't see the "hype." When we was released the net was buzzing like crazy like it was some takeover. 2pac my favorite rapper and I seen people say he was like 2pac, I listened to him and he was wack to me to be honest.

its wack when people hype ? and it aint even that good
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's been rapping for a while now and has never been able to get out of that chitlin circuit. Hasn't had that crossover hit and I don't think he'll crossover to a broader audience TBH. That doesn't necessarily have to be a problem though. He caters to his target audience and makes money doing shows while he doesn't have to compromise his music (and himself).

We'll never know but I think if anyone would blow it would be Soulja Slim (rip). I made a thread about him last november.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    off topic, but i wonder wats up with that ? foxx
  • ikey_baby
    ikey_baby Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    He hasnt really put anything out yet just a few songs. You got to judge this ? whenever he release a album or mixtape. His name is still ranging mostly because ? is waiting to see if he is really is the new 2pac. Its alot of pressure on that dude believe it or not he cant come with anything average or above average. Personally i think he is gonna come with some really dope music. But i dont think he is gonna be like on some tupac 96 AEOM type ? though but he will have a impact.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? is trash. Just goes 2 show you you can become a successful rapper without knowing how to rap well. Street cred should not be the reason a ? blows up

This sums it up perfectly.
  • thuggathugga
    thuggathugga Members Posts: 125 ✭✭
    lil boosie ain't no where close to pac
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disant would be a dope name for a struggle rapper
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Big fan. Always loved his music

Definitley a legend