If there was a Hip Hop Hall of Fame... Who would be In and eligible future wise

2»

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and by the way, The L Brothers DJ was Grandwizard Theodore, he invented scratching.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @5 Grand I am older than you. You are not telling me anything new about old school hip hop.
    Then you have guys like Disco King Mario who loaned Afrika Bambaatta his sound system back in the early days so Bam could throw a jam in the parks.

So King Mario is a notable pioneer bcuz he had a sound system to loan out? By that logic Pookie from Compton should be a pioneer too bcuz he bought ? from Eazy-E that led to the money Eazy put up to start NWA.
  • 5 Grand
    O.G. wrote: »
    @5 Grand I am older than you. You are not telling me anything new about old school hip hop.
    Then you have guys like Disco King Mario who loaned Afrika Bambaatta his sound system back in the early days so Bam could throw a jam in the parks.

So King Mario is a notable pioneer bcuz he had a sound system to loan out? By that logic Pookie from Compton should be a pioneer too bcuz he bought ? from Eazy-E that led to the money Eazy put up to start NWA.

Well Disco King Mario did more than loan Bambaatta his sound system, but when you think about it, it means that he was around before Bambaatta who is generally considered one of the earliest pioneers.

Disco King Mario was, well, a disco DJ but his contribution to Hip Hop should be noted.

Remember when Hip Hop originated it was all about the DJ.
  • O.G.
    We are gonna have to agree to disagree. Bout to take the wifey to Vegas and Saturday night is not the time to debate the importance of some neighborhood rappers that held down the rec room cyphers back in 1975. Peace to ya.
    Oh yeah, Ice Cube >>>>>>>Melle Mel

• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    EPMD
    Luke & 2 Live Crew
    Fab 5 Freddy, Ed Lover, Dr. Dre
    Marley Marl & The Juice Crew
    Big Daddy Kane
    Biz Markee
    Ice T
    Too $hort
    MC Lyte

Just off the top of my head
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Eminem
    50 Cent
    Devin The Dude
    Z-Ro
    Bone Thugs N Harmony
    Max B
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masta Ace
    Pete Rock
    AZ

• The Furley Ghost
    The Furley Ghost Members Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    GunTown wrote: »
    Eminem
    50 Cent
    Devin The Dude
    Z-Ro
    Bone Thugs N Harmony
    Max B

Can someone please clap this mutt ASAP

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta have standards, if not those ring tone rappers would flood the joint. Anyway aside from the heads that killed ? from 92-99 I'd like to see what groups would make it in. I mean mobb deep would make it in but would ruck and rock ? They were pretty much a wrap group wise then tried to get it popping again but didn't get far. Or solo acts like Nelly who isn't known for his bars at all but sold crazy. I mean guys like Kanye would make it in due to impact. But 50 had a big impact too but the music didn't live up to the hype more or less. Same for x ? got worse with each album release lol more or less.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dipset As a crew are HOF borderline but get in....
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Masta Ace
    Pete Rock
    AZ

Az? ? outta here. Nice doesn't mean legend.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand why there isnt one. it doesnt have to big backers..it would get supported and maybe give some of these younger artist a reason to step their game up.
  • O.G.
    All proceeds should go to a pension plan for rappers when they get a certain age. There should be a committee of their peers to vote on who is eligible. For example, Dre, Diddy & Jay-Z etc. are not eligible.
  • 5 Grand
    All proceeds should go to a pension plan for rappers when they get a certain age. There should be a committee of their peers to vote on who is eligible. For example, Dre, Diddy & Jay-Z etc. are not eligible.

you just explained why it wouldn't work.
  • O.G.
    5 Grand wrote: »

you just explained why it wouldn't work.

Just sayin that certain rappers should be giving and not collecting. shrug
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My girl tried to tell me Cole is a legend, had to tell her to slow it down baby... Is he on his way to HOF... He's like a young Kawhi Leonard of hip hop