Dame Dash drops jewels about the fashion game

black caesar
black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff. I hope Dame gets his business squared away and takes care of his legal troubles.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rapmusic wrote: »
    C'mon man, Polo looks nice and you can wear the same shirt in 2014 that was hot in 1998. Urban fashion designers made some of the worst looking clothes ever! I always remember looking at a nice collar shirt but Rocawear would be blasted all over the front of it. Man nobody is going to wear that ? more than a few times. If these urban designers spent more time just crafting the actual clothes and quit just making it about the name ? would be much better. All these ? south pole jeans with the word southpole going down the front leg, Echo with the big ass rhino on the back pockets, ? like that stops your longevity!

You say that, and it makes sense, but you have to understand that Rocawear and other urban apparel companies market to a younger crowd. That crowd is usually trying to rock to most up to date, trendy thing on the market. There's no longevity with that because new trends pop up all the time. You can only move so much product before you have people copying your designs, people going to another designer, etc. All the while you're a small to medium clothing house that has a very niche market. Once the trend or uniqueness of that type of company is over, they generally fall pretty fast.

On another note, no hate but why isn't Dame writing this wisdom in a book and selling the ? to help settle his finances?? Sounds like he could be great at consultation
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    his other talks on that youtube channel have some more gems to fine tune your hustle. y'all new nggas are missing out

his loss leader explanation about fashion had me like

take-notes-o.gif
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    the most exciting thing going on in fashion these days in my opinion is street wear, both from the business aspect and from a design/art aspect
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon man, Polo looks nice and you can wear the same shirt in 2014 that was hot in 1998. Urban fashion designers made some of the worst looking clothes ever! I always remember looking at a nice collar shirt but Rocawear would be blasted all over the front of it. Man nobody is going to wear that ? more than a few times. If these urban designers spent more time just crafting the actual clothes and quit just making it about the name ? would be much better. All these ? south pole jeans with the word southpole going down the front leg, Echo with the big ass rhino on the back pockets, ? like that stops your longevity!

Sean John takes that approach.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Victoria Beckham took his fashion advice.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea diddy still making a killing
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BarryHalls wrote: »
    Didnt watch

I use to follow dame on instagram. Almost every picture with him in it, is him wearing the same outfit. Shorts, a t-shirt and bucket hat pulled so low, that it covered half of his face. ? he know about fashion. He even posted a pic of himself selling snap backs on the street. Using one of those wooden fold out tables they use in WWE.
    I follow him now and you're right. Wearing a CEO shirt with long shorts, high socks, and bucket hats ain't dope fashion

Yeah you're right about that.
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Rachel Roy>>> rocawear

Dame know what he talkin bout Kidd
  • banner344
    banner344 Members Posts: 90 ✭✭
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know just how much is Dame involved in that Rachel Roy clothing line. Seems as if he just attaches his name to hers because they was married and she jump started her career through Rocawear ....... ijs
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Levis,David Buffalo, and Ralph Lauren are the only lines I wear consistently since 2009 along with the Old Navy stuff

it can be 5 years later and I can still wear the same jacket and flannel from Ralph Lauren from 2009 without being trendy and dated unless i gain or lost weight
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt watch

I use to follow dame on instagram. Almost every picture with him in it, is him wearing the same outfit. Shorts, a t-shirt and bucket hat pulled so low, that it covered half of his face. ? he know about fashion. He even posted a pic of himself selling snap backs on the street. Using one of those wooden fold out tables they use in WWE.
    Didnt watch

I follow him now and you're right. Wearing a CEO shirt with long shorts, high socks, and bucket hats ain't dope fashion

Yeah you're right about that.

Dame use to be a premier figure in the fashion industry. He knows how it works.
    Also, do u witness the dressing of most fashion ppl ,who own the major clothing lines?
    They dress ridiculous , yet ppl spend top dollar, to purchase their clothes.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Levis,David Buffalo, and Ralph Lauren are the only lines I wear consistently since 2009 along with the Old Navy stuff

it can be 5 years later and I can still wear the same jacket and flannel from Ralph Lauren from 2009 without being trendy and dated unless i gain or lost weight

I know what you mean, Levi jeans never go out of style.

Also there's a few brands of footwear like Timberland, Nike, New Balance, Adidas. They don't go out of style but in the meanwhile G-Unit sneakers came and went.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just gonna leave this here
     Sep 02, 2014 

Damon Dash can’t catch a break financially — now having all money made from his ownership in his ex-wife Rachel Roy’s clothing brand garnished to pay off a 400k debt.

A company named Kerison and Willoughby Capital won a judgment against the 43-year-old business man in July 2011 in the amount of 330k. The judgment has remained unpaid and with interest had now grown to $406,370 in August 2013.

The company has been attempting to collect on their judgment for years and finally found that Dash has a 46.53% interest in the company Royale Entenia, which is a joint venture he shares with his ex-wife Rachel.

The company is part Rachel’s clothing & design business. Kerison and Willoughby Capital explains that the company is considered successful. They filed docs in New York demanding a court order that any money paid to Dash through Rachel’s company should be directed towards them to pay off the 406k debt.

The company also wanted a court order to issue a restraining order from Dash transferring any funds around because they accused him of hiding his assets due to his various creditors.

The judge came back and ordered that any funds Dash makes from Rachel’s company is to be turned over to the company. However, the order notes that they are ONLY to be paid after his child support obligations are paid. The child support payments include 6k for 2 kids and then another $6,511 for another child.

Then earlier this month, the company filed docs demanding that Dash and Rachel be stopped from entering into a deal with another company to sell off Rachel’s brand to another clothing co. The court ordered Dash to show up to court next month on September 3rd to explain why the judge shouldn’t enter an order prohibiting any deal selling off Rachel’s company until the judgement has been paid.
  • LouboutinGawd
    LouboutinGawd Members Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    Rachel Roy>>> rocawear

Dame know what he talkin bout Kidd

RW ain't even relevant, but still make RR money X3
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the judge all in dames pockets? Let him cook