What Does A "Real" Christian Look Like?

2»

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    ? was never used as a weapon. And if your warring with one another and you happen to win and all your enemies are dead does that really count as genocide.

Uh.... Yes.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    What I don't particularly understand about the whole "Bible supporting slavery" thing is how we overlook that ? 's Chosen People were also subjected to being slaves themselves. They were not immune to persecution. We definitely can't say they were without sin. If slavery is a bad thing (and it is), then it should also make us cringe when ? 's Enemies do it.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    alissowack wrote: »
    What I don't particularly understand about the whole "Bible supporting slavery" thing is how we overlook that ? 's Chosen People were also subjected to being slaves themselves. They were not immune to persecution. We definitely can't say they were without sin. If slavery is a bad thing (and it is), then it should also make us cringe when ? 's Enemies do it.

I say we should cringe when ANYONE gives explicit rules on how to enslave and commit genocide against other groups of people. That includes the evil Bible ? .
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or is it, What does a real Christian behave like?
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    alissowack wrote: »

I say we should cringe when ANYONE gives explicit rules on how to enslave and commit genocide against other groups of people. That includes the evil Bible ? .

But who is to say that the people who were being enslaved were "innocent"? There were people who were sworn enemies of ? 's Chosen. The point of me saying this is that ? didn't play favorites. His Own People was subjected to slavery...yet I don't see people like the Egyptians being talked about in the same light as being the oppressors.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone who does their best to emulate Christ and live by his teachings. All that other ? is extra. Hell, that's practically what the term Christian means.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as a real Christian. The religion has been so convoluted since its inception and the church's establishment.

So much inconsistency regarding who Jesus was and what was actually taught, in addition to what it takes to get into Heaven and/or stay out of Hell, there is no authentic Christian. Just a bunch of irrational, hypocritical, delusional, parasitic lunatics who have no interest in self-responsibility.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Just a bunch of irrational, hypocritical, delusional, parasitic lunatics who have no interest in self-responsibility.
    you know, it's fair to say that it's remarks like this that make you unfit to judge who is and isn't a Christian, to be honest

also... that probably describes every single human being. go team