Big K.R.I.T. or Kendrick Lamar

Comments

• southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've been following along with ya'll debate. Peezy dawg, you never cease to amaze me when it comes to your bias. If this was any other artist outside of Cydel Young, you would be cosigning everything @JerryfromJerz‌ is saying right now about the shows, radio runs, and features, which is an extremely important point.

Let's talk about Troy Ave. The ? does all of that ? . He is not nearly as good of an artist as The Prince, but his buzz sure doesn't reflect that as of today. He has been on the Breakfast Club like 4 times, does more radio runs in general, more shows (notable ones like Summer Jam), and was featured on of the hottest Hip Hop mixtapes of the previous year. (Pusha-T's wrath of Cain preceding MNIMN). And yet, you would be ? on him, and agreeing with Jerz if the roles were switched. Come off it man.

With that said, I agree with you about the label being lazy 100% simply off the strength of Guitar Melody off of Hystori. ? can't tell me that ? didn't have ample potential for a single. Labels have gotten so ? ' lazy, they sit there and wait for the artist to make his own wave for them to ride, rather then helping the ? make it, and breaking records. Same problem we have with NY radio, applies here. Executives are ? LAZY LEACHES. I don't think the problem is so much his drive, as it is their lack of doing their job. There is blame to go around.

Small side note, if either Krit or CyHi were from NY or Cali, they'd probably both be more successful for a few factors. That is my honest opinion.

Guitar melody was underrated....the beat change in the middle was dope
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    I don't see Krit becoming huge. IMO he is great at what he does now.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    P. Town wrote: »
    Whole lot if trolling and stans in here. I done saw somebody say Krit is a rap pity rap ass ? . Somebody said a great artist does more than just rap, but he write great hooks, bridges, even harmonizes, after listening to a Krit song he said that. Read that Kendrick Lamar's album is the greatest since Thriller and Purple Rain. I even read that a song about a liquor store is only relatable to ? in the South (cause ain't no liquor stores nowhere else, but Southern United States)

Speaking on the importance of song structure is trolling now? foh ?

Krit is avg af and you krit stans on the IC is 1/4th of his fanbase.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the new thing now, if you don't agree, call them a troll
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

GKMC is the greatest piece of audio recording to be put to wax since purple rain AND thriller ...

Hahahahaha

Clown ass ? ...
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    P. Town wrote: »
    Whole lot if trolling and stans in here. I done saw somebody say Krit is a rap pity rap ass ? . Somebody said a great artist does more than just rap, but he write great hooks, bridges, even harmonizes, after listening to a Krit song he said that. Read that Kendrick Lamar's album is the greatest since Thriller and Purple Rain. I even read that a song about a liquor store is only relatable to ? in the South (cause ain't no liquor stores nowhere else, but Southern United States)

Speaking on the importance of song structure is trolling now? foh ?

Krit is avg af and you krit stans on the IC is 1/4th of his fanbase.

I was referring to the Good Kid, Mad City being the best album since Thriller
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »

GKMC is the greatest piece of audio recording to be put to wax since purple rain AND thriller ...

Hahahahaha

Clown ass ? ...

Don't forget about "ahhh it's bootsy baby!"

? .
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i happen to have an opinion about an artist
    wait whats that? your opinion is different? let me show u how mad that makes me so i can change yours, this isnt a ? way of thinking or anything
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The day of reckoning will come if KDOT fall off
  • franknitti
    franknitti Members Posts: 154 ✭✭
    KRIT.

Artist = someone who creates art.

Krit can go in a studio and create great art by hisself. No assistance.

Kdot cannot. Therefore he cannot be the better artist.

Kdot can be argued to b the better rapper, more appealing to the masses, more successful, etc. but better artist he is not.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    franknitti wrote: »
    KRIT.

Kdot can be argued to b the better rapper, more appealing to the masses, more successful, etc. but better artist he is not.

Who is your favorite artist?
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    KRIT.

KRIT.

I bet you think the Sistine Chapel was created by one person smh
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    KRIT.

Go to Maya Angelou's headstone and tell her resting soul that her "artistry" was limited because her words weren't set to a beat....LMAO

man this thread is full of ? struggle ....two ? gave this ? a goat too ... Like "awwww yeah you know what bruh I didn't even think about it like that ...but you righter than a ? doe!"
  • JDSTAYWITIT
  • Doubleday4life
    Doubleday4life Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭
    We love to overlook how krit produced his own classics. From a talent standpoint, I put krit miles ahead of k.dot. Homie is still hungry, and it's evident with his run this year.

Kendrick that ? , of course, but he went plat and stopped feeding his fans. I know so and so is up next, but why slow down that 2012 momentum? I mean.. he always shine on features, but where he really at?

I know what I'm getting from KRIT in 2014. Not so sure with Kendrick. Both are top 5 at the moment, but I got Krit with a slight edge

co-sizzzzzle.
    KRIT is so under rated as a producer and emcee. He is what should be on radio not no damn YG, Young Thug, Rich Homie Quan, French Montana.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KRIT

KENDRICK STOPPED WORKING AFTER HE DROPPED THAT CONTROL VERSE

HE KILLED HIS OWN MOMENTUM

HE JUST GAVE US A VERSE ON THAT HOLY GHOST JOINT FROM JEEZY BUT IN MY OPINION THT ? WAS WEAK
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOTDAMN, peezy in this thread acting like a ? too smh

square up ? ? .
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2014
    So I've been following along with ya'll debate. Peezy dawg, you never cease to amaze me when it comes to your bias. If this was any other artist outside of Cydel Young, you would be cosigning everything @JerryfromJerz‌ is saying right now about the shows, radio runs, and features, which is an extremely important point.

Let's talk about Troy Ave. The ? does all of that ? . He is not nearly as good of an artist as The Prince, but his buzz sure doesn't reflect that as of today. He has been on the Breakfast Club like 4 times, does more radio runs in general, more shows (notable ones like Summer Jam), and was featured on of the hottest Hip Hop mixtapes of the previous year. (Pusha-T's wrath of Cain preceding MNIMN). And yet, you would be ? on him, and agreeing with Jerz if the roles were switched. Come off it man.

u really gon try to replace cyhi with wack ass troy avenue, id be ? on him because he is garbage and calls great artists LIKE KENDRICK LAMAR weirdos for being themselves u ? idiot. other than the bias of artists i actually like, i dont know what bias ur gettin at, id say the same for another artist no matter where they from. and id c/s black gerald if he was right, based on what ive seen, he isnt, or i just disagree in this case tho.
    With that said, I agree with you about the label being lazy 100% simply off the strength of Guitar Melody off of Hystori. ? can't tell me that ? didn't have ample potential for a single. Labels have gotten so ? ' lazy, they sit there and wait for the artist to make his own wave for them to ride, rather then helping the ? make it, and breaking records.

bruh u really just wasting keystrokes, all u had to do was hit cosign.

also its funny how other dude cryin and being a ? about getting flagged reactions for saying ? ? , say krit avg af, and we stans, after only hearing 4 songs, hell ion think krit got a full classic either lol, i still wanna know what other 4 songs sound like children of the world tho and how krit is just a rapper, despite dope hooks, dope bridges, dope verses, and the ability to program and compose actual music
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    5th Letter wrote: »
    im clearly not the biggest wu fan on here, u really think mobb deep have contributed as much as them or outkast? i honestly dont see it.

They had positive cultural impact. I'd argue that they've impacted hip hop as much as the Wu and Kast.

rofl, how? besides 1 instrumental.

One instrumental? You know what you got it.
    im clearly not the biggest wu fan on here, u really think mobb deep have contributed as much as them or outkast? i honestly dont see it.

They had positive cultural impact. I'd argue that they've impacted hip hop as much as the Wu and Kast.

rofl, how? besides 1 instrumental.

One instrumental? You know what you got it.

Lol why did you even bother with that ?

from 24 hours ago, i guess u and jamaica would be experts on the matter tho.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    yeah i happen to have an opinion about an artist
    wait whats that? your opinion is different? let me show u how mad that makes me so i can change yours, this isnt a ? way of thinking or anything

lol, ether to everyone in the history of forums
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

u really gon try to replace cyhi with wack ass troy avenue, id be ? on him because he is garbage and calls great artists LIKE KENDRICK LAMAR weirdos for being themselves u ? idiot. other than the bias of artists i actually like, i dont know what bias ur gettin at,

@ the bolded. The fact that you think he is garbage does not dismiss the fact that he has a better ground game and buzz then CyHi, which is the point. You'd ? on him no matter what, ? . Bias is bias. Your essentially giving CyHi a pass, talking about these irrelevant ass tours, when the fact of the matter is there is so much more he could be doing for exposure. His weak ass label is only part of the problem. If shorty ? Troy Ave can get a slot at Summer Jam, then what's CyHi's excuse?
    id say the same for another artist no matter where they from.

No you wouldn't, ? .
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2014

u really gon try to replace cyhi with wack ass troy avenue, id be ? on him because he is garbage and calls great artists LIKE KENDRICK LAMAR weirdos for being themselves u ? idiot. other than the bias of artists i actually like, i dont know what bias ur gettin at,

@ the bolded. The fact that you think he is garbage does not dismiss the fact that he has a better ground game and buzz then CyHi, which is the point. You'd ? on him no matter what, ? . Bias is bias. Your essentially giving CyHi a pass, talking about these irrelevant ass tours, when the fact of the matter is there is so much more he could be doing for exposure. His weak ass label is only part of the problem. If shorty ? Troy Ave can get a slot at Summer Jam, then what's CyHi's excuse?

No you wouldn't, ? .

Troy ave has the support of NY and some of the east coast, thats how he gets summer jam and not cyhi, only ? rocking with him anywhere else is tip, props to him for his buzz, I can't ? on that, there is no other thread where ive ? on anything non music related with troy ave that i can remember, except the thread i alluded too where he criticized good artists like kendrick and wale. musically is where I criticize him, he's garbage. ill admit tho a homie did put me on a decent song of his recently. just cuz u havent heard of cyhi touring doesnt make the tour irrelevant.

and yes i would, i say the same thing when ? criticize fab for being lazy, last i checked he was from brooklyn, and he's been one of my favs for the entire 2000's, lol i wish i could defend juelz but thats a lost cause
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

No you wouldn't, ? .

Troy ave has the support of NY and some of the east coast, thats how he gets summer jam and not cyhi, only ? rocking with him anywhere else is tip, props to him for his buzz, I can't ? on that, there is no other thread where ive ? on anything non music related with troy ave that i can remember, except the thread i alluded too where he criticized good artists like kendrick and wale. musically is where I criticize him, he's garbage. ill admit tho a homie did put me on a decent song of his recently. just cuz u havent heard of cyhi touring doesnt make the tour irrelevant.

and yes i would, i say the same thing when ? criticize fab for being lazy, last i checked he was from brooklyn, and he's been one of my favs for the entire 2000's, lol i wish i could defend juelz but thats a lost cause

Fixed. Carry on
  • franknitti
    franknitti Members Posts: 154 ✭✭
    KRIT.

Who is your favorite artist?

Depends on what kind of art we talking bout.