Big K.R.I.T. or Kendrick Lamar

1234568»

Comments

• franknitti
    franknitti Members Posts: 154 ✭✭
    franknitti wrote: »
    KRIT.

Artist = someone who creates art.

Krit can go in a studio and create great art by hisself. No assistance.

Kdot cannot. Therefore he cannot be the better artist.

Kdot can be argued to b the better rapper, more appealing to the masses, more successful, etc. but better artist he is not.

Go to Maya Angelou's headstone and tell her resting soul that her "artistry" was limited because her words weren't set to a beat....LMAO

man this thread is full of ? struggle ....two ? gave this ? a goat too ... Like "awwww yeah you know what bruh I didn't even think about it like that ...but you righter than a ? doe!"

Maya Angelou is one of the greatest poetic artist of all time.

Yet that has nothing to do with wether krit or kdot is the better "artist".
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Chasin Bundlez Members Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>>>> Talking about Big Krit in 2014
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    KRIT.

Artist = someone who creates art.

Krit can go in a studio and create great art by hisself. No assistance.

Kdot cannot. Therefore he cannot be the better artist.

Kdot can be argued to b the better rapper, more appealing to the masses, more successful, etc. but better artist he is not.

Go to Maya Angelou's headstone and tell her resting soul that her "artistry" was limited because her words weren't set to a beat....LMAO

man this thread is full of ? struggle ....two ? gave this ? a goat too ... Like "awwww yeah you know what bruh I didn't even think about it like that ...but you righter than a ? doe!"

Maya Angelou is one of the greatest poetic artist of all time.

Yet that has nothing to do with wether krit or kdot is the better "artist".

and trying to draw a distinction between two artists relative greatness based on one not being able to go into the studio by himself and "create art on his own" means that you don't consider poetry (which kendrick can most certainly create on his own) a form of art ... ? dont even see the flaw in his lazy ass logic... lmao... hilarious

• R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so nobody listened the vent?

Kendrick hasn't put out a song close to that yet. Kendrick is not a better artist than krit. I can't believe it's up for discussio. You can make an argument that kendrick is a better mc but better artist?

Gtfoh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb6TyDRCJRI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRitRGgWXWU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xVEa0SMxFg

on a lyrical/songwriting level kendrick is not ? with these.add the fact that krit produced the tracks and it's shouldn't be a question.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They both make great music
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Kendrick has one great project IMO. GKMC.

The others were cool but nothing that blew me away and never got much replay from me.
    Never understood people putting Section 80 anywhere near GKMC level. I'll take any one of Krits tapes over Section 80 or Overly Dedicated.

Kendrick has 1 great project in my book. 2 if you like Section 80 more than I do. Krit has 3-4.

And yes, producing super dope beats to create your own sound does give you an edge too.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    KRIT...dude touches the 'soul' of a person...dude will have you looking within yourself...

I gotta roll wit K.R.I.T.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited September 2014
    A great artist should be able to make a hit.....atleast one.

Asap Rocky >> Krit
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is that you ic ? always be on krit ? . I mean yeah he makes good music but yall be going over board with all that praise. Krit my ? , but yall making be making me hate that ? with that costant ? riding.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    The thing is that you ic ? always be on krit ? . I mean yeah he makes good music but yall be going over board with all that praise. Krit my ? , but yall making be making me hate that ? with that costant ? riding.

how u let others influence your opinion like that, think for yourself. and u gon just act like crazy ? aint said praising kendrick all the time? lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great artist should be able to make a hit.....atleast one.

Asap Rocky >> Krit

this is horrible logic, based on this thread tho its far from surprising, then u gon name a dude who krit stole the show from on a song on his album...
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://youtu.be/nRGURWP6XF0

It's hard to choose a top 5 song from this trill advocate but if I had to choose a song then this one will be on the list

I was just waiting on this moment in my grandmother kitchen/
    A artist from Mississippi like a ? cared to listen/
    I'm southernized, countrified, no doubt/
    I hustle hard, my slang raw, so what now

I know that whole verse like its my social security number.

Straight up underdog music that I can relate to the fullest
  • T. Sanford
    http://youtu.be/7xVEa0SMxFg

I know the Vent was already dropped but this is a powerful song that will touch the Devil's soul. Not only the poetry was A1 but when he start singing especially the part "i lost my friend early this morning, woke up screaming her name............she meant so much to me, scared I won't be the same". That did that with passion & soul & will have you venting like a muthafucka.
  • T. Sanford
    Somedays I was tripping, Somedays I didn't listening, Somedays I went missing/When you needed me even more then before, hope someday you forgive me
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vent and Somedayz >>>>
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KamPushMe wrote: »

So you base whether you like an artist based on the opinions of others and not on your own merit? Damn shame
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer KRIT simple and plain. he'll never get that spotlight that Kendrick has and him being from the south has nothing to do with it.

TI talk exactly like he does so yall can dead that. the game just aint the same as it used to be. he on Dej Jam and them ? ain't ? no more

he be speaking on real ? . not to say that K Dot don't but i just prefer his take on the topics. it seem like it comes from a real place.

i'm from the D so ain't bias over here. him being from the south doesn't make me relate to him any less.
    that ? stupid imo.

GKMC is a great body of work. still bump it to this day but I also bump everything that KRIT has put out.