• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Jesse The Body Ventura
    forgot who I voted for .. til now.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jim ross is a legend i cannot disagree with that but joey styles was the best to me because he actually called the whole match he wasnt doin cheap plugs for merchandise during a match or talking about a storyline between wrestlers who were not even in the the ring at the time he gave his undivided attention to the match that was taking place at that time and he did it by himself it wasnt until the tnn ? that he had cyrus or joel gertner with him

Joey also knew all the moves by their actual names and could call them out as fast as the guys executed them
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim Good Ol JR Ross
    Jr is Mr. Classic, his calls were perfect and in some cases made the event seem more important.

The Brain is the GOAT color guy though, he was so funny and so quick witted you couldn't help but love it. King used to be good like that too but now JBL has the crown, what makes JBL special is he hates other heels too so it's even funnier. Being overly dramatic is necessary for the job. I love Jesse too, my thing was he was lightweight racist at times but he was also hilarious.

Joey styles should get a lot of credit for pulling shows by himself, but I think a differing opinion on what's happening adds a little bit more to the match.

Vince wasn't bad either, he doesn't get enough credit. The major problem with him was he called every match pretty much the same and he had no idea what moves were called half the time. His signatures were great though "What a maneuver"
    "C'mon ref disqualify 'em".
  • CSOPQ
    CSOPQ Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gorilla Monsoon
    Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan for me no contest. They were the perfect combo of play by play and color commentary. Gorilla played the super serious role so perfectly compared with Heenan being the comedic sidekick. Ross and Lawler were cool too but Lawler got annoying to me after awhile.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim Good Ol JR Ross
    Striker & Schivone are other underrated commentators. Matt Striker was particularly good and on his way to being one of the best...too bad he couldn't contain himself during the Royal Rumble
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Bobby Heenan
    The Brain! Dude use to have my side hurting at the ? he use to say. And don't let Gorilla scream at him "Oh will you stop!" best commentary team hands down.
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bobby Heenan
    jono wrote: »
    Jr is Mr. Classic, his calls were perfect and in some cases made the event seem more important.

The Brain is the GOAT color guy though, he was so funny and so quick witted you couldn't help but love it. King used to be good like that too but now JBL has the crown, what makes JBL special is he hates other heels too so it's even funnier. Being overly dramatic is necessary for the job. I love Jesse too, my thing was he was lightweight racist at times but he was also hilarious.

Joey styles should get a lot of credit for pulling shows by himself, but I think a differing opinion on what's happening adds a little bit more to the match.

Vince wasn't bad either, he doesn't get enough credit. The major problem with him was he called every match pretty much the same and he had no idea what moves were called half the time. His signatures were great though "What a maneuver"
    "C'mon ref disqualify 'em".

Cosign the bolded.
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim Good Ol JR Ross
    half the guys that were nominated were color commentators
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Striker & Schivone are other underrated commentators. Matt Striker was particularly good and on his way to being one of the best...too bad he couldn't contain himself during the Royal Rumble

Matt Striker was wack and corny af
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim Good Ol JR Ross
    JR got quotables for days, and it used to be hilarious when he went into rage mode and start cursing
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bobby Heenan
    CSOPQ wrote: »
    gordon solie

This is the correct answer. So of course it didn't make the poll.
  • eljay7i
    eljay7i Members Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant believe no one mentioned TONY SCHIAVONE.. The guy was the voice of WCW. Him paired with Bobby Heenan was Classic gold..
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Jesse The Body Ventura
    eljay7i wrote: »
    Cant believe no one mentioned TONY SCHIAVONE.. The guy was the voice of WCW. Him paired with Bobby Heenan was Classic gold..

Back in the day everyone always said how bad he was. Funny how things change once fanboy dickriding and time passes by.

I thought he was sufficient but not GOAT.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jerry The King Lawler
    eljay7i wrote: »
    He treated Heenan like ? . Scust.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Jesse The Body Ventura
    Funny how when you bring it up... new podcast @eljay7i‌

Why Tony Schiavone was Underrated
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKx7pw9AEUI&list=UUpo_r3_HXHnjvMy93MYCRPg