YO, How come all these new age indie/furture talents are short as hell?

silverfoxx
silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
I mean am i the only one noticing this trendy ? ? These new ? the WWE is picking up is avg. 5'9..... how the hell can they promote them with them coming off not punny? Is the WWE gonna become the new boxing where featherweights dominate?

Idk man, they need a lil more taller ? , to many cruiseweights, which is ANOTHER reason the division and belt should be brought back....

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    agile, lighter, faster, athletic etc..

big cats do not have the same fluid movements..
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree they need a title/division for these types.. but it also shouldn't exclude them as being company champs either.. maybe get rid of "heavyweight" for wrestling, as that really has nothing to do with much and just have it be a company title overall..

disagree with "there needs to be more taller guys", there's plenty of those, they just seem to come off as shorter on TV..
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    people are generally getting bigger but some of the indy guys are shorter. Generally a big man is at least 6'2"... man i dont give a ? as long as you canwrestle.. the IWC always complaining about huge guys like test Goldberg Warrior and Batista and etc etc. then wanna complain when the guy is too small. There are all types of wrestlers that serve all types of purposes at the end of the day. Thats how I see it. Chuuch.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wrestling booms of the 80s and and 90s made more kids wanna be a wrestler. The average kid was now goin to wrestling school not jus the ex jocks
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea idk why either but aye skills>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>body size or whatever these days. Plus alot of these short dudes are legit badasses. Ex. Daniel Bryan
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People enjoy the smaller guys. Thank the luchadores in WCW, Shawn Michaels, RVD, etc for showing fans that athletic guys are more fun to watch.
  • silverfoxx
    Yea idk why either but aye skills>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>body size or whatever these days. Plus alot of these short dudes are legit badasses. Ex. Daniel Bryan

He is not though bruh.. I like and respect Daniel Bryan, but how can u even boom that ? against Brock Lesnar? ? is just phoony.
  • silverfoxx
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    silverfoxx wrote: »

He is not though bruh.. I like and respect Daniel Bryan, but how can u even boom that ? against Brock Lesnar? ? is just phoony.

Bryan's not a legit bad ass? You crazy. Guess you must not have talked to that robber he ran down and put in a rear naked choke or the fact that he trained with a protege of Gene Lebell. You crazy if you don't think Bryan don't got skills. Hell him, ADR, and Slater or Ziggler were the only ones left who may have had a REAL chance to stand with Brock in a real scrap. And you looking for realism in professional wrestling? Bruh, Undertaker's gimmick is a ? zombie. Come on yo.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Brock got his ass beat by a 6'1" heavyweight. How quickly we forget.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Rey mysterio was the giant killer, db can be made believable easily if done right, of course Brock killing cena doesn't help but still
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said it a while ago and I said it during RAW when I saw the NXT match.

They need to give those guys a division. Its a damn shame they got all that talent on the roster but just let it go to waste, having some fatal 4 way cruiser weight title matches / ladder matches would give a lot of these dudes somethin to do.

? one of the Los Matadores might actually get over if they were split up and thrown into some kind of cruiserweight division you never know.

With guys like Adrian Neville, Tyler Breeze, Kalisto, Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara (yea the fake one thats better than the real one) the list goes on..

Why couldnt they have a successful cruiserweight division with dudes like that?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Amazing how hbk vs lesnar is much more believable than db
  • silverfoxx
    TonyDubbz wrote: »

They need to give those guys a division. Its a damn shame they got all that talent on the roster but just let it go to waste, having some fatal 4 way cruiser weight title matches / ladder matches would give a lot of these dudes somethin to do.

? one of the Los Matadores might actually get over if they were split up and thrown into some kind of cruiserweight division you never know.

With guys like Adrian Neville, Tyler Breeze, Kalisto, Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara (yea the fake one thats better than the real one) the list goes on..

Because they are ? stupid that's why...
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The smaller framed guys are generally more agile and athletic making for better matches.

There was a time when the ceiling for smaller guys like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk would have been tag team or cruiserweight champion maybe IC champion even though back then bigger guys held that belt to.

Vince prefers the bigger bodybuilder type guys (ex. Cena, The Rock, Warrior, Hogan , etc) all them have carried and been the face of the company at one time or another.

I would assume he feels they are more believable and easier to market as legit bad ? .
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    The WWE cruiserweight/light heavyweight division was always watered down in comparison to the wcw version, if they actually cared about the midcard titles they have there would be something to do for some of those guys
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Idk I guess I just think of ? being held back more when I think of divisions, Jericho and mysterio barely were us champ level at one time
  • DOPEdweebz
    Angle, Benoit, Eddie, Bret, HBK, Flair. Sometimes you just need that overall "IT" factor. There were so the Pipers, Owen Harts...

Alot of big guys never been world champ like Billy Gunn, Test, Giant Gonzalez, Big Bossman, Bam Bam Bigelow in WWF n WCW, etc etc.

It goes both ways. Its not as black and white as it seems.

Heymans Team Lesnar vs Team Angle epitomized this back in 2003.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TonyDubbz wrote: »

WWE does have a Cruiserweight division....it's called NXT. Where else could you have a main event involving multiple guys and the heaviest one is billed at 205lbs (and he doesn't even look 200)?

A Cruiserweight division ain't ? but a glass ceiling in wrestling, UFC rarely has big shows involving the smaller weight classes.

I just bumped my topic on weight classes.