The Game f. Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Diddy, Fabolous, Wale, DJ Khaled, Swizz Beatz, Yo Gotti, Curren$y,

Options
13»

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    "The issues in Ferguson really hit home for me and I feel compelled to use my musical platform to address this,” The Game says in a statement. "I am a Black man with kids of my own that I love more than anything and I cannot fathom a horrific tragedy like Michael Brown's happening to them. This possibility has shaken me to my core. That is why this song must be made and why it was so easy for so many of my friends to come together and unite against the injustice. I managed to get everyone on board fairly easy, simply because we have the hearts. We care and are inclined to take a positive approach to resolving an issue that has existed since the beginning of mankind and that is RACISM and hatred towards one another as human beings.”

Why Game made this song

Not even readin that. His name is linked to nothing but negativity every turn. ? his opinion. You either part of the solution or part of the problem.

'But, but, but he made the song'

I dnt give him credit for 'making' the song bc u know somebody was gon do it. This aint really 'his' song. Thats a lil self-serving. For reference, 'We are the World' is under a group name, not as not 'Michael Jackson featuring' (even tho he actually wrote it), Self Destruction is identified by a group name, not xyz feat...

Some of ya'll have spent the past 2 weeks in that G&S thread complaining about the lack of response from black celebs, yet have ? on nearly every black celeb response that's been out there. Some of ya'll don't even know what the ? you want to hear/see anymore. Just want some ? to complain about

@blackrain Well when you find those "yall" you refering to let me know. B/c this is what i said a week ago:
    Im just tickled nh to see how much black culture revolves around hip hop to some of you.

Meanwhile ? Al, ? Jesse, ? Spike (up until this week), etc.

Man ? rap and rappers. Okay? That is not the pinnacle of black culture. Get out the fukin house.

If its a Killer Mike, cool, he can speak on it b/c he's an articulate dude into politics, not b/c he's an articulate rapper.

And even with him, Sooooo am i the only one that cringes seeing 'KILLER' Mike speaking on the killing of a 64'4 300lb black man, Mike, that white america is trying to paint as a thug?

I get tired of havin to explain away names, have caveats of 'oh yes im a positive brother but this is why i rap about killing'. I get tired of watching Politically Correct and all the panelists have their regular, full name, then 'and here's rapper ____.' Im tired of seeing the most serious of conversations on huge stages and we bein introduced by nicknames. Like we're fukin caricatures. ? rappers. We bigger than just that

To reiterate, i dont give a flying ? what a rapper feels about this situation. I do care what articluate and educated black folk say (not rap) if they're gonna speak publicly. If you're that and just so happen to also be a rapper/celeb, cool. But black culture is not synonymous with hip hop.

@S2J Funny you emphasize the "Killer" part of Killer Mike's name when he was on CNN and said flat out "The Killer part means I ? mics and I trust majority of Americans are smart enough to understand that. If you have any issue understanding that or it makes you uncomfortable then our intelligent conversation stops right there". Nobody is saying black culture is completely represented by hip-hop. You're making an assumption based on where you're having the discussion not realizing that on a hip-hop oriented site the conversation may involve rappers every now and then. Especially when some like to make their opinions outside of music known. Seriously think about this... on a hip-hop site why the hell are you questioning why the people posting wonder what rappers/entertainers are thinking about this situation?

@blackrain

Talk to em
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Song is a nice gesture but doesn't mean ? if their music remain the same b
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "The issues in Ferguson really hit home for me and I feel compelled to use my musical platform to address this,” The Game says in a statement. "I am a Black man with kids of my own that I love more than anything and I cannot fathom a horrific tragedy like Michael Brown's happening to them. This possibility has shaken me to my core. That is why this song must be made and why it was so easy for so many of my friends to come together and unite against the injustice. I managed to get everyone on board fairly easy, simply because we have the hearts. We care and are inclined to take a positive approach to resolving an issue that has existed since the beginning of mankind and that is RACISM and hatred towards one another as human beings.”

Why Game made this song

Not even readin that. His name is linked to nothing but negativity every turn. ? his opinion. You either part of the solution or part of the problem.

I dnt give him credit for 'making' the song bc u know somebody was gon do it. This aint really 'his' song. Thats a lil self-serving. For reference, 'We are the World' is under a group name, not as not 'Michael Jackson featuring' (even tho he actually wrote it), Self Destruction is identified by a group name, not xyz feat...

I gotta agree. It just doesn't seem legit comin from somebody like the game. You can't be that ? that perpetuates the stereotypes that white people try to use to justify shootin us down like dogs one minute and then act like you got a conscience the next.
  • onthafly
    Options
    Song was dope..hope they make a video..but it would b hard to get everyone in the same place..imagine if they shot it in ferguson..while the police there

Yeah that would be awesome. Let's distract from the real issues of black people being shot down in the streets by law enforcement and police trying to silence news reports and protesters para-military style so the game can shoot his music video. I'm sure Ross could probably pull some strings with the police to make it happen anyway.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    For quite awhile Game's name was attached to him doing things for other people out of the kindness of his heart. His charity organization, The Robin Hood Project, was linked to a bunch of uplifting ? . He does have more than his fair share of ? moments, but that doesn't distract me from the good he does as well. If you're human, you're contradictory by nature.

? need to get off their high horses. We all have flaws.
  • onthafly
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    For quite awhile Game's name was attached to him doing things for other people out of the kindness of his heart. His charity organization, The Robin Hood Project, was linked to a bunch of uplifting ? . He does have more than his fair share of ? moments, but that doesn't distract me from the good he does as well. If you're human, you're contradictory by nature.

It's hard to take giving out a little charity money or hopping on the Mike Brown bandwagon seriously when you continue to be a part of the problem. That's like the hypocritical preacher cheatin with your mom. Maybe if the ? tried to rap about violent ? a little less and stopped posting videos of himself whoopin ? ? down the block I'd take him seriously.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »

It's hard to take giving out a little charity money or hopping on the Mike Brown bandwagon seriously when you continue to be a part of the problem. That's like the hypocritical preacher cheatin with your mom. Maybe if the ? tried to rap about violent ? a little less and stopped posting videos of himself whoopin ? ? down the block I'd take him seriously.

This ? game cant win either way with you elitist. If he comes outta that 40 glocc situation getting Ray J`ed by 40 yall gont get in here and say " hes just a fake thug taking L`s blah blah blah" . ? tryna do something positive and you ? aint happy with that either. Just say you dont respect him no matter what he does and lets stop all this BS like " oh I can take him serious if he didnt do this or didnt do that" No you guys wont!
  • Viktor
    Viktor Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
    Options
    Yea my head is bobbing...
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? who look up to rappers as role models.. quite a few in this thread
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

Why Game made this song

Some of ya'll have spent the past 2 weeks in that G&S thread complaining about the lack of response from black celebs, yet have ? on nearly every black celeb response that's been out there. Some of ya'll don't even know what the ? you want to hear/see anymore. Just want some ? to complain about

@blackrain Well when you find those "yall" you refering to let me know. B/c this is what i said a week ago:
    Im just tickled nh to see how much black culture revolves around hip hop to some of you.

Man ? rap and rappers. Okay? That is not the pinnacle of black culture. Get out the fukin house.

If its a Killer Mike, cool, he can speak on it b/c he's an articulate dude into politics, not b/c he's an articulate rapper.

And even with him, Sooooo am i the only one that cringes seeing 'KILLER' Mike speaking on the killing of a 64'4 300lb black man, Mike, that white america is trying to paint as a thug?

I get tired of havin to explain away names, have caveats of 'oh yes im a positive brother but this is why i rap about killing'. I get tired of watching Politically Correct and all the panelists have their regular, full name, then 'and here's rapper ____.' Im tired of seeing the most serious of conversations on huge stages and we bein introduced by nicknames. Like we're fukin caricatures. ? rappers. We bigger than just that

To reiterate, i dont give a flying ? what a rapper feels about this situation. I do care what articluate and educated black folk say (not rap) if they're gonna speak publicly. If you're that and just so happen to also be a rapper/celeb, cool. But black culture is not synonymous with hip hop.

@S2J Funny you emphasize the "Killer" part of Killer Mike's name when he was on CNN and said flat out "The Killer part means I ? mics and I trust majority of Americans are smart enough to understand that. If you have any issue understanding that or it makes you uncomfortable then our intelligent conversation stops right there". Nobody is saying black culture is completely represented by hip-hop. You're making an assumption based on where you're having the discussion not realizing that on a hip-hop oriented site the conversation may involve rappers every now and then. Especially when some like to make their opinions outside of music known. Seriously think about this... on a hip-hop site why the hell are you questioning why the people posting wonder what rappers/entertainers are thinking about this situation?

Im late but i just caught this. Man, tha ? do I look like, sir. Thats the explanation for white america. Thats akin to Desean Jackson explainin throwin up his set. Thats basically a backronym. Google it. Tired of that ? man. Tired of maniplulating ? for the masses, to make thigngs less harmful than it's intent. I.e. as a kid i can see Pac say 'Thug Life aint about bein thugs, it stands for 'the hate u gave...'. And as a KID, its 'yea! Thats right Pac! Tell em!' As an adult? Ngga thug life means exactly just that. Cmon man. Tired, tired, tired of playin dumb.

Anyway, i thought about this thread and song when i saw Game and Chris Brown are hosting a anti-gang event in LA.

GAME...and CHRIS BROWN...are hosting an anti-gang event.
    Chris Brown and The Game have been recruited in the fight to rid L.A. of violent gangs ... problem is, they both openly promote the Bloods.

A popular L.A. radio station -- Power 106 -- has organized a celeb basketball game this weekend at USC ... to benefit Homeboy Industries, a non-profit which gets gangbangers out of street gangs by getting them jobs.

Game and Chris are big b-ballers ... they're also famously affiliated with the dangerous street gang. You may recall ... Chris was throwing up gang signs the night of the Suge Knight shooting. As for Game ... his new album is called "Blood Money."

Im grown now. I can longer pretend i dont see/hear/realize the sometimes poisonous and contradictory nature of hip hop. Tired of the ? .
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »

Dude posted 1 fight..ever. That's what you're going by? That was clearly to shut 40 Glocc up who has been talking about dude, his kids, his family since 2007-2008 & even claiming he spit on his car. So what Game supposed to do? Just see him & let him be? So there's no justification for beating the ? out of him & exposing that? That's all he did. 1 time. Damn.

Im not justifying ? like that but talk about you reaching heavy with that.

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Why Game made this song

Im late but i just caught this. Man, tha ? do I look like, sir. Thats the explanation for white america. Thats akin to Desean Jackson explainin throwin up his set. Thats basically a backronym. Google it. Tired of that ? man. Tired of maniplulating ? for the masses, to make thigngs less harmful than it's intent. I.e. as a kid i can see Pac say 'Thug Life aint about bein thugs, it stands for 'the hate u gave...'. And as a KID, its 'yea! Thats right Pac! Tell em!' As an adult? Ngga thug life means exactly just that. Cmon man. Tired, tired, tired of playin dumb.

Anyway, i thought about this thread and song when i saw Game and Chris Brown are hosting a anti-gang event in LA.

GAME...and CHRIS BROWN...are hosting an anti-gang event.
    Chris Brown and The Game have been recruited in the fight to rid L.A. of violent gangs ... problem is, they both openly promote the Bloods.

A popular L.A. radio station -- Power 106 -- has organized a celeb basketball game this weekend at USC ... to benefit Homeboy Industries, a non-profit which gets gangbangers out of street gangs by getting them jobs.

Game and Chris are big b-ballers ... they're also famously affiliated with the dangerous street gang. You may recall ... Chris was throwing up gang signs the night of the Suge Knight shooting. As for Game ... his new album is called "Blood Money."

Im grown now. I can longer pretend i dont see/hear/realize the sometimes poisonous and contradictory nature of hip hop. Tired of the ? .

You had all that time to think, something actually reminded you of a an IC thread outside of the IC and that's the best you come back with? Without even addressing the actual point of the post and the discussion that was being had at that? Lol..hilarious