Breaking Bad Season 5 (Part 2)

1165166167168169171»

Comments

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Just finished and it was good ? . I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Best show ever? Naw

[img]http://www.troll.me/images/angry-samuel-l-jackson/da-? .jpg[/img]

what do you think the best show ever is then?

Wire, Sopranos>>>>

hell naw... Wire is debatable I guess but Sopranos? get allllll the way the ? outta here b.

that's some delusional ?

Sopranos>Wire>>>>BB

No Tony Soprano, no Walter White.

Best show ever? Naw

Wire, Sopranos>>>>

hell naw... Wire is debatable I guess but Sopranos? get allllll the way the ? outta here b.

that's some delusional ?

Sopranos>Wire>>>>BB

man hell naw, Soprano loses points simply based on that ? finale. that was a lame ass cop out of a finale and you know it. whereas, BB finale was a ? damn masterpiece...

BBs finale was far too predictable to be anything close to a masterpiece, it was really entertaining but it had nothing on some of the prior episodes. The sopranos 'cop out' ending had a lot more going on than it first seems, and the groundwork for it was actually subtly laid throughout the whole last season. That was the actual work of genius imo.

Well the thing is that a story has a natural progression.BB was a show full of twists.

Before the finale you could have a good idea of how it would end because the plot sets up for an ending.

There are only a a select few variables and options to any plot.

The purpose of the finale wasn't to blow your mind w/ some Sixth sense twist,it was to bring closure.

Ozymandias gave a enough shocks in the one ep to hold the rest of the story down.

I didn't guess how Walt would ? the Nazis,I didn't know Walt would forgive jesse and vice versa

We didn't know how Todd would die

We didn't know for a fact that Walt would blackmail Grey Matter

I guessed some,like Lydia's death.

I thought Jesse would ? Walt at the end

it's easy to say you knew what would happen in hindsight.

At least BB has closure unlike The Sopranos where we can go back and forth all day about the end

• loch121
    edited September 2014
    I just noticed that Jesse suspected Huell had taken the ricin way back in season 4 when Brock was poisoned

That should end the "How did Jesse just figure it out" ppl ,even though he didn't even need that to figure it out

Will never know why Gus didn't get in that car,just intuition I guess
  • ojos_negros
    ojos_negros Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »

Best show ever? Naw

Wire, Sopranos>>>>

that's some delusional ?

Sopranos>Wire>>>>BB

Best show ever? Naw

Wire, Sopranos>>>>

that's some delusional ?

Sopranos>Wire>>>>BB

man hell naw, Soprano loses points simply based on that ? finale. that was a lame ass cop out of a finale and you know it. whereas, BB finale was a ? damn masterpiece...

BBs finale was far too predictable to be anything close to a masterpiece, it was really entertaining but it had nothing on some of the prior episodes. The sopranos 'cop out' ending had a lot more going on than it first seems, and the groundwork for it was actually subtly laid throughout the whole last season. That was the actual work of genius imo.

Well the thing is that a story has a natural progression.BB was a show full of twists.

Before the finale you could have a good idea of how it would end because the plot sets up for an ending.

The purpose of the finale wasn't to blow your mind w/ some Sixth sense twist,it was to bring closure.

Ozymandias gave a enough shocks in the one ep to hold the rest of the story down.

I didn't guess how Walt would ? the Nazis,I didn't know Walt would forgive jesse and vice versa

At least BB has closure unlike The Sopranos where we can go back and forth all day about the end

It is easy in hindsight..but it was still very predictable. I'm even willing to let things like jesse killing todd go..they knew we all wanted to see that and it was satisfying, regardless. It still suffered imo from trying to tie everything up and give it closure, in fact one of my favourite parts was jesses ending where he drives away looking crazy as hell to..what..we don't know and can only speculate, and I love that.

I don't see the problem with going back and forth about the sopranos ending, I really don't need closure on everything..life is unpredictable. Saying that though I am absolutely certain tony was shot and killed, there's so much that points to that being the case..silvio being at the table when gerry torciano is shot, not knowing what just happened..bobby bacala saying 'you'll never hear it when it happens'..and this is amongst many other things. Of course its entirely ambiguous and as such can be discussed like any other great work of art...and was much preferrable to seeing tony actually shot and killed or going to jail or anything else that would seem a total anticlimax.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did Lydia die? I forgot
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Shut up
  • ojos_negros
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Walt tied her up and made her listen to that weezy track 'krazy' and she died of supreme wackness
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesse was a selfish little ? ...at first I was a lil bummed he got to live but he had to live the rest of his life reminiscing on all the damage and deaths his fuxk ups caused

And he was already a weak ?

Wouldn't be surprised if a overdose followed shortly thereafter
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    I never liked jesse. But the hate I had for walt by the end (in spite of his trill moments) outweighed jesses bitchassness
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

this ? got me dyin lmaoooooo
  • loch121

Best show ever? Naw

Wire, Sopranos>>>>

that's some delusional ?

Sopranos>Wire>>>>BB

Best show ever? Naw

Wire, Sopranos>>>>

that's some delusional ?

Sopranos>Wire>>>>BB

It is easy in hindsight..but it was still very predictable. I'm even willing to let things like jesse killing todd go..they knew we all wanted to see that and it was satisfying, regardless. It still suffered imo from trying to tie everything up and give it closure, in fact one of my favourite parts was jesses ending where he drives away looking crazy as hell to..what..we don't know and can only speculate, and I love that.

I don't see the problem with going back and forth about the sopranos ending, I really don't need closure on everything..life is unpredictable. Saying that though I am absolutely certain tony was shot and killed, there's so much that points to that being the case..silvio being at the table when gerry torciano is shot, not knowing what just happened..bobby bacala saying 'you'll never hear it when it happens'..and this is amongst many other things. Of course its entirely ambiguous and as such can be discussed like any other great work of art...and was much preferrable to seeing tony actually shot and killed or going to jail or anything else that would seem a total anticlimax.

I like understandable endings.I don't want to guess ?
  • ojos_negros

Best show ever? Naw

Wire, Sopranos>>>>

that's some delusional ?

Sopranos>Wire>>>>BB

Best show ever? Naw

Wire, Sopranos>>>>

that's some delusional ?

Sopranos>Wire>>>>BB

Well like I said, life isn't like that..its unpredictable. Even though you see walt shot in bb, is he dead..to some people, maybe not. Are his family going to live a miserable and destitute life, maybe not. Already mentioned jesses ambiguos ending. None of these endings are complete and definite, you're already guessing to a degree...and that is the genius of the sopranos finale, it robs you of everything. Its snatched away from you in an instant, exactly as life can be...and that's just part of the reason I'm sure tony is killed.
  • loch121
    edited October 2014

Best show ever? Naw

Wire, Sopranos>>>>

that's some delusional ?

Sopranos>Wire>>>>BB

Best show ever? Naw

Wire, Sopranos>>>>

that's some delusional ?

Sopranos>Wire>>>>BB

Well like I said, life isn't like that..its unpredictable. Even though you see walt shot in bb, is he dead..to some people, maybe not. Are his family going to live a miserable and destitute life, maybe not. Already mentioned jesses ambiguos ending. None of these endings are complete and definite, you're already guessing to a degree...and that is the genius of the sopranos finale, it robs you of everything. Its snatched away from you in an instant, exactly as life can be...and that's just part of the reason I'm sure tony is killed.

Ppl don't come back in BB.They don't do fake out near deaths ever.His family got all that money coming from Grey matter so they're good.He got revenge on Grey matter.he killed his enemies,and redeemed himself to Jesse in some way.

there's nothing left for walt.He's ? dead as dead.He's dead

Some ambiguous endings are cool,but after yrs of a show I want closure

BB gave closure
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Man I ? miss this show and the characters. I wish I can erase my breaking bad memory and re-watch the series like I never seen it before.

I know they making that "Better Call Saul" spinoff but they need to make one of Mike and Gus. Starting from Mike being a Philly cop then turned cartel muscle/adviser, Gus on the come up and how they eventually met and worked together before meeting Walt.

Maybe we'll be surprised and have something like this in "Better Call Saul" since they all worked together

I'm praying for that ? .