how can i pump my chest up and out....

ineedpussy
ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
without a pullup bar or weights? i know push ups but wont that only go so far. need help. workin on my summer body now.

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    push up's using different hand positions that's about it, you have to use weights and bars to hit different angles to build your chest
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    There's a few things you can do, but these things have some limitations..........

1. Pushups with extra weight added
    You can take a backpack and add weighted objects to it (books, etc), then do pushups with your body weight + this additional weight. It's a short term work around for not having access to weights and you'll be able to make some progression beyond doing bodyweight only.

2. Pushups as per above at various angles to work upper chest
    When you do pushups, put your feet up on a higher object (i.e., a chairseat) so that your body is angled downward. If you hit this right, you can activate your upper chest a little better

3. If you live in a big city, most have outdoor parks with a track. Many of these have pullup and dip bars. If so you can do dips there for chest and triceps. When you want to add weight to this you can get a dip belt and a cheap DB from Sports Authority, Big5, or whatever store in your area. Or if you don't have the $ for that, a dog leash and some creativity can work just as well. Look up community centers in your area. Use Yelp, and search for reviews that include tracks. Worst case scenario, find a elementary school playground and get creative.

4. You can also do dips at home on a bathroom counter top if it's stable enough. You have to get creative with body positioning and this all boils down to safety. Don't be stupid with it because it's not worth it.

5. You can also get creative with some cheap bands from Sports Authority, Amazon, or even Vitamin Shoppe and do Chest Flys off the floor. I don't like these but I'm throwing this out there because you may try them and like them.

Bottom line is just get creative, there are ways.....plenty of dudes with nothing figure things out. I did the above things when I was a kid and didn't have access to stuff. They can work beyond bodyweight only, but up to a point. Weights/gym is best though. There are also YMCAs and community centers that may have access to these things for free so unless you live in a very rural area, you can check those out as well.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man i can go to the gym but its the community center and i work third shift so its a no go. plus i have a punching bag, jump rope, and bands at the crib and dont want to waste those things by going to the gym.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently statted using dumb bells to work my chest. ? is goat cant believe i waited so long to do it. You try that yet?
  • bigstevie
    bigstevie Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Elevate your feet...widen hand placement
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what's working great for me with widening my chest and at the same time thickening the upper pectoral.....

Incline dumbell flys, this is now a staple...I see why The Oak (Arnold) stay hitting incline flys
  • spiritgod87
    spiritgod87 Members Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭
    My chest is the best part of body. Hit regular pushups, diff type of pushups, bench press, and especially dumbbell bench press, u will get there in no time
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dips,go further down chest out on your dips...you gonna need something else eventually son.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try different variation push ups
    Elastic press and flies
    Dips - Standard and forward. Forward is especially great for targeting lower chest.
  • LUClEN
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to bench press to get the best results for ur chest, if u want ur inner chest more defined press with ur arms close for the outer chest press with ur arms further out..
  • LUClEN
    I noticed my chest looks a lot better now than at the beginning of my cut

Losing the water weight and fat off your stomach can make the chest look bigger
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    do wall push ups