Commentary on the consumption of alcohol.

Arya Tsaddiq
Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
What do you all think about this quote?
So the first young man, who had spoken of the strength of wine, started: "Gentlemen, how is it that wine is so superior? It misleads the minds of all who drink it. It makes the mind of the king the same as that of the orphan, likewise of the slave and the free, of the poor and the rich. It changes every thought to feasting and cheerfulness, and forgets all grief and every obligation. It fattens all hearts, makes one remember neither kings nor administrators, and makes everyone talk in outrageous sums. When drinking, people forget to be civil even with their friends and relatives, and after a while they draw their swords. When they recover from the wine, they don't even remember what they did. Gentlemen, isn't wine superior, since it forces people to behave like this?" With that, he stopped speaking.

Do you agree? Disagree? Why or why not?

Comments

• IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP might have consumed a bit of alcohol himself if one was to look at the title.

And I think it's pretty well known what alcohol does to practically anyone, especially in a social setting
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    11 months sober post shout out @KillaCham @Vader_F_Kennedy
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    ? this thread b.

I am drinking a beer and heading out to party.

Woooooooooooooooo

tumblr_nb5cm6L6gU1syz1o6o1_400.gif
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sippin on some Bombay as I type
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peanut_205 wrote: »

Whats your mixer? I love Bombay Sapphire and Ocean Spray sparkling cranberry
  • BoogaSuga
    ....sippin as i type. Honestly got bored halfway thru that 1st paragraph and scrolled to the comments.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I don't ? with wine. But that is a dope ass arrangement of words in the quote tho.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    KamEX wrote: »
    OP might have consumed a bit of alcohol himself if one was to look at the title.

And I think it's pretty well known what alcohol does to practically anyone, especially in a social setting

Actually just took a shot of Grey Goose right before posted this. But that's besides the point....
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    ? ain't saying whether they agree or disagree....

well lets change the commentary....
    Gentlemen, is not the king great, and are not men many, and is not wine strong? Who is it, then, that rules them, or has the mastery over them? Is it not women? Women gave birth to the king and to every people that rules over sea and land. From women they came; and women brought up the very men who plant the vineyards from which comes wine. Women make men's clothes; they bring men glory; men cannot exist without women. If men gather gold and silver or any other beautiful thing, and then see a woman lovely in appearance and beauty, they let all those things go, and gape at her, and with open mouths stare at her, and all prefer her to gold or silver or any other beautiful thing. A man leaves his own father, who brought him up, and his own country, and clings to his wife. With his wife he ends his days, with no thought of his father or his mother or his country. Therefore you must realize that women rule over you! "Do you not labor and toil, and bring everything and give it to women? A man takes his sword, and goes out to travel and rob and steal and to sail the sea and rivers; he faces lions, and he walks in darkness, and when he steals and robs and plunders, he brings it back to the woman he loves. A man loves his wife more than his father or his mother. Many men have lost their minds because of women, and have become slaves because of them. Many have perished, or stumbled, or sinned because of women. And now do you not believe me? "Is not the king great in his power? Do not all lands fear to touch him?
  • Blacjason
    Blacjason Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    I agree with the first quote. That's why I don't drink heavily in public or with company. The second quote is true too. Why do you do what you do... ultimately its to procreate.
  • BoogaSuga
    I feel like u are speaking Portuguese. Can u dumb it down and i will contribute appropriately.... ive been drinkin
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    I feel like u are speaking Portuguese. Can u dumb it down and i will contribute appropriately.... ive been drinkin

i have too so i can't lol
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at the zoo earlier today. Birthday party I was invited too. Anyway, I thought all was lost at first. But then, with a little ingenuity and perseverance, I found a snack stand that served daquiris. Got the chick to make me a icee cola with three shots of rum.

Yep, today was a close one.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bombay and simply lemonade. Juicy J wasn't lying bruh this ? is the smoothest mix ull get
  • BoogaSuga

Bombay and simply lemonade. Juicy J wasn't lying bruh this ? is the smoothest mix ull get

Ginade is my backup when i dont wanna slurge for the ocean spray. Good mix
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I don't drink too much

I'll drink enough to get me right, but I don't get ? up

I'll ? around and end up in jail, I'm a ? ?
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? and don't give a ? . Can't be sober watching my Cowboys yo lol
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree for the most part. But I like being ? every now and then. Sometimes I just need some new chemicals to rage inside my brain for once.

Right now I'm on a sober streak, I go in phases of binge drinking and non-binge drinking.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea I cant lie its been kinda rough , football is one of my triggers
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingSimba wrote: »
    ? ain't saying whether they agree or disagree....

well lets change the commentary....
    Gentlemen, is not the king great, and are not men many, and is not wine strong? Who is it, then, that rules them, or has the mastery over them? Is it not women? Women gave birth to the king and to every people that rules over sea and land. From women they came; and women brought up the very men who plant the vineyards from which comes wine. Women make men's clothes; they bring men glory; men cannot exist without women. If men gather gold and silver or any other beautiful thing, and then see a woman lovely in appearance and beauty, they let all those things go, and gape at her, and with open mouths stare at her, and all prefer her to gold or silver or any other beautiful thing. A man leaves his own father, who brought him up, and his own country, and clings to his wife. With his wife he ends his days, with no thought of his father or his mother or his country. Therefore you must realize that women rule over you! "Do you not labor and toil, and bring everything and give it to women? A man takes his sword, and goes out to travel and rob and steal and to sail the sea and rivers; he faces lions, and he walks in darkness, and when he steals and robs and plunders, he brings it back to the woman he loves. A man loves his wife more than his father or his mother. Many men have lost their minds because of women, and have become slaves because of them. Many have perished, or stumbled, or sinned because of women. And now do you not believe me? "Is not the king great in his power? Do not all lands fear to touch him?

Is he saying women are the kings? more like queens.